Did you get yuffie and vincent?

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
One thread after another...so did you get yuffie and Vincent befor disc 2...unlike me, I got them both on disc 3 and they were useless

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
I got them both on disc 3 and they were useless

That's because you were doing it wrong :monster:

Yuffie is actually very effective if you get her level 3 limit breaks, tho really you should get her just before you visit Junon for the first time.

But yeah, I get both of them the first chance I get, and if you have either in your party at specific events, it helps things make more sense (like having Vincent when you confront Hojo on the Sister Ray).

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
I got both as soon as I could, although I almost never used Yuffie. I got her right before going to Junon, and Vincent the first time going to Nibelheim.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, I got both of them as soon as possible. I used a guide I found on Gamefaqs to tell me how. :awesome:

But yeah, Vincent's side story is actually very relevant to the plot. Don't know why he was a hidden character. :/

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I didn't get Vincent my first play through- cba. I got Yuffie by chance, but not too far into the game where she was... useless.

Second play through I got them both at decent times. And Vincent was useless, even though I got him at the right time. *is shocked*

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Really? Vincent always somehow becomes one of my most powerful. It's usually him, Cloud, and Tifa. lol

I'm not even really into Vincent. I like the rest of the cast a lot better, but he just always comes out so much stronger.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I got Yuffie on accident my first playthrough. Then decided to explore Wutai when first getting the Tiny Bronco and got my materia stolen while my levels were still painfully low. That was fun. :awesome:

Vincent I always make a point to get, and he and Tifa fight for my third party slot after Cloud and Cid.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I thought Vincent was completely useless. I never used him in battle and he only joined because some bitch he stalked got killed and he was all bawwww i'm gonna sit in a coffin oh wait passing travelers I can't join you wait I changed my mind because I just realized I wasted however fucking long laying here when my lazy ass could have gotten out a long time ago

Honestly I don't miss his side story at all in the game. At least Yuffie was amusing and her sidequest was fun.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I got Yuffie on Disk 1 and Vincent on Disk 2 (after visiting Wutai and obtaining Leviathan) because Lost Number kept kicking my arse on Disk 1.

One next playthroughs I got them on Disk 1, since I learned how to battle that monster properly :awesome:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Really? Vincent always somehow becomes one of my most powerful. It's usually him, Cloud, and Tifa. lol

I'm not even really into Vincent. I like the rest of the cast a lot better, but he just always comes out so much stronger.

Oh, wow! Yuffie was my third character (I also had Cloud and Tifa), and she was hella strong. *O* I guess it depends on who you train, right? :lol:

Noteaforre

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Re
I got Yuffie as soon as she was available, and between her Limit Breaks (Level 3 in particular) and her weapons (most notably the Conformer, especially in conjunction with the Morph materia), she quickly became one of my most useful and powerful party members. Not as strong as Cloud, and her magic defence pales in comparison to Cid's, but her speed and the way she kept hitting criticals/evading was made up for it.

On my first play through, the party was always Cloud-Yuffie-Vincent. Vincent's magic stat was very handy after Aerith, and his Limits were nice on occasion (as was his accuracy rating), but his physical strength and… practically all of his other stats. They just didn't work for me.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I got both Yuffie and Vincent as soon as I could. Yuffie's backstory and storyline was funnier to play, but my uber team was, like Tennyo, Could/Tifa/Vincent (the dude got me nearly killed once or twice on a boss though). But that was, from my point of view, the funniest team and probably one of the most powerful combo.

Smaddy

Green Mage
Yes I always got them. Most of the time I got them at the earliest possible time. One or two times I waited until Cid and Tifa were leaders, just to see if the script changed at all.

My party was always Cloud, Cid, Vincent.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Honestly, for me, Final Fantasy VII is not Final Fantasy VII unless Vincent Valentine and Yuffie Kisaragi are in the party.

^_^

ForceStealer

Double Growth
My first time through I didn't get Yuffie until the second disk while Cloud was comatose (I kept saying the wrong things when I ran into her). I was always amused by the fact that Cloud was perfectly comfortable with her presence despite never meeting her :P

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I'm still amused as well as full of questions over Vincent's line if he's in the party when you get Yuffie. If you talk to him before talking to Yuffie the first time, he'll say 'she seems familiar' or something like that. ?!?! Cool beans! I just wonder if there's any back story to his words there.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
One of these days I swear I am gonna dick around killing things using Vincent and the Death Penalty till he can one-shot everything up to Ruby and Emerald. Just for the hell of it, you know?

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
My first time through I didn't get Yuffie until the second disk while Cloud was comatose (I kept saying the wrong things when I ran into her). I was always amused by the fact that Cloud was perfectly comfortable with her presence despite never meeting her :P

I kept saying the wrong things, then I,d do it again and say the wrong thing again...and so on

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I am thankful that I got Yuffie this playthrough now that I have the assed-ness to grind on the Sunken Gelnika. Anyone that doesn't get Yuffie misses out liek whoa.

Conformer and Morph, my new OTP. Maxed stats and more gil than I can shake a Mop at, here I come.

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
I got yuffie on disc three in my first playthrough and near the end she says something about sephiroth....I'm thinking, you know so much for someone that's just joined.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
I always got Yuffie and Vincent as soon as I could because I needed them. I sometimes wonder though what would happen if you go to Wutai without recruiting Yuffie. Can you still speak to Godo?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
necro gogogo

I always pick them up as soon as I'm able. Tho my first time in, I accidentally ran into Yuffie outside Junon, and didn't know about Vincent at all.

For reference - my party was always Cloud, Tifa, Cid.

Top Bottom