Discussion of the trio's place in marketing materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
*sigh* Again, the trio is all but shafted. Why are they so ignored in non-video promo material (demo aside)? Especially when their expansion and development was one of FF7R's original selling points? They should do an article like this that gives them the spotlight for once and centers on them, to show us they exist outside trailers and the demo. They're virtually ignored on the US Twitter page as well.

Jairus

SE specifically said in early interviews that one of their goals with the remake was to further develop and expand the Avalanche trio specifically, and the first concept art was of them. Also, I was talking about non-trailer media. In that area, they've been virtually ignored.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
SE specifically said in early interviews that one of their goals with the remake was to further develop and expand the Avalanche trio specifically, and the first concept art was of them.

So if this is true, what's the problem? Them "only" being featured prominently in stuff that most accurately reflects the actual game we will be playing hardly seems like grounds for a complaint.

Jairus

Except that virtually every other revealed character has been shown more in non-trailer media than they have. I just want them to be given some of that attention as well, that's all. It took forever just for them to get a single HD screenshot each last year. And their renders still haven't been officially released over here. They're on the Japanese FF7R site, sure, but it's not the same thing.

Jairus

The entire current interview is about side characters, characters who aren't main, so that argument doesn't work.

Jairus

All I'm saying is that there are places where they are more prominent and places where they've been all but ignored. I would just like that to be acknowledged.

Jairus

I'm not saying that it had to be this specific one, just to have one that's mainly about them, is all. They've never had an interview like this do that for them.

Last edited:

Jairus

I get that, MB. I could see it was about Wall Market. Just look at what I said above. I'd just like to see them also feature in some non-video marketing media as well, like a Famitsu article mainly about them for once. That's all. Also, the current article didn't have to be about Wall Market at all. They could have chosen to focus on the trio instead. And FFShinra, that thread was specifically about Jessie, not the trio as a whole.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
ok boomer

When you get like this, I know that whatever thread we're in is nuked for several pages until this is all moved into your special tantrum thread, so forgive me if I'm not the picture of decorum.

Jairus

Except that that thread's about her, not the trio. And I was done and nobody else was bothering about it until you came along and prodded it again.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Pandemic, mass panic, and stock market crashes
BWJ aren't prominently featured in every single bit of SE correspondence tho, such madness

Come on, man.

Jairus

That's not the same thing and you know it. The game is what we're talking about here in this thread. Besides, I never said they had to be in everything. Does anyone actually read what I write? I said I'd just like to see them featured in some of the non-video media marketing. Why is that so wrong?

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Its not wrong, and there isnt a clear answer. Who knows? Maybe they will get it close to launch, maybe SE doesnt consider them important enough for that. Just come on man. We already went through this. Like multiple times. Trust me, we got an idea about your dissatisfaction with SE's promotional strategy regarding the Avalanche trio, specially it's female member.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
That's not the same thing and you know it. The game is what we're talking about here in this thread. Besides, I never said they had to be in everything. Does anyone actually read what I write? I said I'd just like to see them featured in some of the non-video media marketing. Why is that so wrong?
What you want isn't wrong, it's how (and how often) you bring it up. It kills any discussion of the new details, and it doesn't get us anywhere. I don't even remember what part of the media blast started all of this, so I don't even know what of all the exciting details released today I should talk about in this thread.

What it comes down to--and I'm just speaking personally here--is that you're not going to change your approach, so I'm changing mine. Instead of writing up a post like this every time you bring up the trio, I'm going to add you to my ignore list. This isn't a knock on you, it's just that the only responses I find myself typing up are rebuttals or statements of exasperation, and I don't think either of us need that negativity in our lives--especially nowadays. My goal here is for us to be like ships, pleasantly passing in the night. I just wanted to tell you upfront so we're on the same page.

Finally, I really do hope you enjoy the rest of the lead up to the remake, and the game itself. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom