Disenchantment by Matt Groening

Wiki article

I say, I quite enjoyed this first season! Gives you that "Futurama" fix without it actually being Futurama. Good stuff.

Yes, making this thread is just an excuse for me to post this "spoiler" from the season finale...

252525! The backwards time machine still won't have arrived!

IVn9zuI.png

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Not gonna lie, I've seen the trailer thingy on Netflix and thought it looked wank. Goofy Daenerys and cashing in on a theme that's still reasonably popular. Futurama is definitely still where it's at.

AvecAloes

Donator
Overall, I found it bland. There were times that it did make me laugh out loud, but I just didn’t find it nearly as interesting or consistently good as the first four seasons of Futuama (the only seasons that should exist, IMO).

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I am in the middle of it, and I can agree that it's alright. It's certainly the best looking of any of Greoning's shows, but the content isn't anything amazing.

InterfaceLeader

Pro Adventurer
I quite liked it. Sure, it's no Futurama but if it didn't have the spectre of Futurama hanging over it we'd all probably rate it more highly :lol:

Reactions: Joe

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I quite liked it. Sure, it's no Futurama but if it didn't have the spectre of Futurama hanging over it we'd all probably rate it more highly :lol:
This pretty much sums it up to a tee for me. Had it playing in the background last week and there were some genuine laugh out loud moments in amongst a sea of easy watching.
Less enjoyable than Futurama but better than The Simpsons.
The voice work is excellent though.

Top Bottom