He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
PLEASE-BE-EXCITED-MEME-031720151.jpg

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I mean maybe there's something wrong with me but... this isn't getting me hyped... like.... at all. There's no plot shown and we just see them... doing things that have no explanation. I mean Kristoff has a bunch of reindeer and Elsa can jump through a wave so... yay?

Idk, I guess it's just me but this isn't doing anything for me rn :monster:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
To be honest, I enjoyed the lack of plot or context, it will lead to an overall better movie that way. I'm sick of trailers showing way too much these days to the point of spoiling the whole movie.

Marvel movies are the biggest culprit in doing it these days.

The trailer done exactly what it was meant to do, here's a new movie this is what it looks like.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Reddit community dissected this trailer to an inch of its life and came up with a few good thoughts on wtf is going on.

In the trailer you see varying elements appearing and behaving unnatural e.g wind, fire and some subtle earth movements also. One theory is that Elsa is up against other people like her who have an affinity to an element type and her doing her wave dance is actually her trying to get better at controlling water in general.

Yada yada yada the theory goes the big bad is heading to arendale and Elsa is trying to get prepared. At one point she meets the girl in the trailer and may or may not have a lesbian relationship with said girl due to public outcry for Elsa to be gay.

Elsa and her new partner then turn the tables on the big bad and save arendale.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Why does she need to be gay? I kinda like her just being single. Not every Disney Princess needs to end up with someone...

also... I have to admit, that plot sounds really damn awesome if it turns out to be true.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Why does she need to be gay? I kinda like her just being single. Not every Disney Princess needs to end up with someone...

also... I have to admit, that plot sounds really damn awesome if it turns out to be true.

And again I think this should be a straight up adventure story that just happens to have a Disney Queen and Princess in it.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Aren't they like siblings though? :closedmonster: (I've never seen the movie)
Yuuuuuuup
Fanservice has a lot to answer for........

That said I think the whole lesbian relationship is at this point just a guess. Disney made some comments apparently about receiving numerous requests for Elsa to be gay and someone has taken this as canon.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yuuuuuuup
Fanservice has a lot to answer for........
'Twas Disney's own merchandising that put the idea in my head. :monster:

Saw this shirt at Walmart a couple of years ago:

EsC3c3H.jpg

Having not seen the movie and knowing very little about it, my reaction was "Wait, aren't they both female? And sisters? Damn, Disney's come a long way. I gots to see this today."

Needless to say, I was disappointed. :closedmonster:

Gosh darn royalty and their incestual ways. I bet Elsa got her powers because of inbreeding.

Hey if you can get a Gold Chocobo in FFVII from inbreeding surely it makes sense that Elsa could get the X-gene in a similar fashion. :monster:

God damn, they've gotten so good at animating water/the ocean. I guess that's to be expected after Moana (and the shipwreck bit in Frozen was already impressive).

Trailer looks good. I wasn't expecting the tone to be so action/adventure-y, and I like that the trailer doesn't give anything specific away about the plot.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
God damn, they've gotten so good at animating water/the ocean. I guess that's to be expected after Moana (and the shipwreck bit in Frozen was already impressive).

Trailer looks good. I wasn't expecting the tone to be so action/adventure-y, and I like that the trailer doesn't give anything specific away about the plot.

Which is good. You need a good amount of hype to keep you interested, but not enough you can easily predict it.

Top Bottom