Dissidia 012[duodecim] Prologus - Ripped Content & Videos [SPOILERS]

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
whoa! is it possible to have them on a green-screen background instead of the gray? O_O

Yeah, I can change the color to whatever I like. I chose a not too light, or not too dark gray, as I felt it was the best color to see the characters clearly and was easy on the eyes. Same goes for the grid color, or I can turn it off completely.

Thank you, I will be waiting eagerly. :joy:

Sending in a moment. :) Oh, wait you haven't made enough posts to be able to send/receive PM's. Leave me a visitor message on my profile with an email address and I'll send the info that way.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Heh. You have inadvertently helped me out a great deal Dave.

FinalFantasyStill

Lv. 1 Adventurer
seriously?! omg! I have a request! could you do the Tifa (advent children costume) model animation with a green background? O_O puh-lease?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I don't know if they are from Prologus' code. Square are running a contest where people make their own battle videos showing either Warrior of Light or Lightning, for which they're providing videos for people to download. All three of those are from this, rather than Prologus.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
First two (if someone else hasn't done so I might try to finish the last one later on)

Light:
You call this 'safe'?
The only ones who have managed to escape and make it this far are him and me.
If we follow your commands, we'll fall before we even gain the crystals.
I'm not going to let it all end in this world.

WoL:
It is as you say.
We will fall.

Cosmos:
What--

Light:
So you're just like Cain.
What are you planning, traitor!?

WoL:
That is not for you to know right now.

-----------

Light:
Then you're just going to watch your allies die?
You're no different from an Imitation.

Kefka:
That's why I helped you out.
You ought to be showing me some gratitude!

Light:
You've got to be kidding me.

Kefka:
It's not like he'll die, anyway. It'll take more than that.
He'll be fine on his lonesome.

Light:
He won't die?

Kefka:
This is super interesting and all but what's the point?
Even if I told you, it's not like you'd remember.
Well, I've got some very important business to take care of so with that...
BYE BYE!!

Light:
What... did he mean?

--------

Edit; and Garland's:

Garland:
The Imitations will soon take this place as well.
There is no need to deal with you personally.
The Imitations have proved far more useful than I could have hoped.
Incomplete puppets they may be, but they are enough to take down you all.

Light:
What?

Garland:
Most of your comrades have already set off on their way.
You, too, should enjoy what little time you have left.

Light:
On their way?
Hey, what does that mean?

Garland:
The Imitations know no mercy.
They will show you only utter annihilation, without any hope of resurrection.
I think this should be the last time we shall meet.
How pitiful, warrior of Cosmos!

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
First two (if someone else hasn't done so I might try to finish the last one later on)

Light:
You call this 'safe'?
The only ones who have managed to escape and make it this far are him and me.
If we follow your commands, we'll fall before we even gain the crystals.
I'm not going to let it all end in this world.

WoL:
It is as you say.
We will fall.

Cosmos:
What--

Light:
So you're just like Cain.
What are you planning, traitor!?

WoL: B-But I was agreeing with what YOU were saying, how am i a traitor?!

Kefka:
It's not like he'll die, anyway. It'll take more than that.
He'll be fine on his lonesome.

Light:
He won't die?

Oh, great; Lightning is gonna fight Sephiroth and win and get the same "only Cloud can kill me" line. Full points for originality.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh, great; Lightning is gonna fight Sephiroth and win and get the same "only Cloud can kill me" line. Full points for originality.

What is that even supposed to mean anyway. It'd be one thing if they meant that Cloud was the only one skilled enough to kill him, but they're saying Sephiroth is freaking immortal unless Cloud does it.

And if that's the case, then Chaos has the battle in the freaking bag. "All villains, target the spiky-haired blonde guy. Sephiroth avoid that guy like the plague and kill everyone else."

Sorans

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I'll do a proper presentation later. I just wanted to thank otacon for his translations x) ! As for from where I took these videos. As otacon said, they were among the video material for the video contest. Didn't I say it the thread :P ?

What is that even supposed to mean anyway. It'd be one thing if they meant that Cloud was the only one skilled enough to kill him, but they're saying Sephiroth is freaking immortal unless Cloud does it.

And if that's the case, then Chaos has the battle in the freaking bag. "All villains, target the spiky-haired blonde guy. Sephiroth avoid that guy like the plague and kill everyone else."

The writers have taken the concept from Kingdom Hearts and placed it where it doesn't belong. In KH, Sephiroth is Cloud's darkness. The only one who can defeat your darkness is yourself etc. Ok fine, in KH this works.

But not in Dissidia and not in the Compilation. Again, the writers must be mixing these two different universes which would not be surprising considering the poor story and dialogue we've already seen. *grumble grumble*

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I decided to, "take down you lot" sounded a bit awkward, and with such an easy way to squeeze in that line...yeah. :p.

EDIT - Subtitles ahoy!

Last edited:

kyrt

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I actually think I have a solution to the reason why only Cloud can kill Sephiroth. Sephiroth is Cloud's memory and thus he is the only one that can kill him as it is "Cloud's memory". Not that good plot wise but a hell of a lot better than the crappy lines from Kingdom Hearts. It's close to the darkness thing but I think the memory theory fits better with the overall plot.

The lines are for the most part rehashes and although I appreciate the story I doubt they can do a better job than Final Fantasy Still (which is superior in nearly every way and it is a fan created dub and plot of dissidia).

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
If Final Fantasy Still were the real deal, we'd be complaining about Cloud's characterisation of being outright afraid of facing Sephiroth, him playing the pawn of all three enemy factions, blatant favoritism towards FF8 characters, stuff like that. I like it but it has the benefit of being an alternate to a game that shows all characters equal attention. If it wasn't we'd be like Warrior of Light? What?

But all the same, I do enjoy the story's direction more.

Anyways

So, in Duodecim the good guys are gonna utterly get their asses handed to them by Manikins?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I prefer to think that there's no metaphysical significance to what he said whatsoever, and that Sephiroth musing that only Cloud can beat him is Seph being a narcissistic, melodramatic bitch, who assigns grand, destiny-scale significance to his despised nemesis.

And that's still not much better than the memory explanation, because it makes Seph an even bigger doucher than he was before.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Agreed. Playing the first Dissida, I kinda took it (after fighting him with Warrior of Light, for instance) that the battle had basically been a draw causing Sephiroth to say that - that battles with others are boring/not worth it/whatever. But they just push it so damn hard.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I'm going to ask here because I can't be arsed making a new topic for it :monster:

What programs did you use to rip stuff from the game? And can you find stuff like the ingame text?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
OKay why does Yuna say to Tifa "I made a promise too." What promise did Tifa make? Or is it "I made a Promise like Cloud did to you."?

EDIT
wait she says "Tifa: I'm going to keep my promise, just like you!"

... what promise did Tifa make?

Last edited:
Top Bottom