Dissidia 2

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
That void probably had something to do with ExDeath but
HAWWWWWWW

Well I agree that it definitely suffered due to it being so condensed and all. It felt like there should've been much more for what it was supposed to be. So I get what you're saying. I'm just more forgiving in that regard I guess.
I'm much more forgiving when I'm not so incredibly let down by a game :(
I like a whole load of games and movies that couldn't objectively be called 'good'. But I like them all the same and will happily debate their merits. I just can't bring myself to do the same that just felt like so much empty fanservice.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
What the hell are you talking about? When did I say that?

Mako not too long ago said:
And well considering it's an FF game, that's of course going to be its major selling point.
So 3-D fighting and core collection = Power Stone? Okay.

Now who's being shallow? It's not it's 3d fighting, Hell, Dead or alive features fighting on a 3d plane unlike SSF4. It's that it's a wide open arena where you collect power ups. Power Stone invented that shit.
LOL what the fuck are you talking? I was having a normal discussion with Ashes, to understand his opinion until Sleeping Giant Dac woke up and decided to get in on it too.

You get defensive dood, it's ok it happens. I'm sorry I didn't realise this was a private conversation, perhaps you two should get a room so alex can spank you in private.
In terms of its fighting mechanics and how each character plays, yeah, there's a complexity. It isn't SSBB, derp.

The game isn't complex, especially for a fighting game. Maybe for the PSP it's complex, but if I can wrap my head around how every character plays in a couple of hours then it's not complex. The fighting mechanics are pretty simple too.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I like a whole load of games and movies that couldn't objectively be called 'good'. But I like them all the same and will happily debate their merits. I just can't bring myself to do the same that just felt like so much empty fanservice.

I will never understand people's inability to acknowledge a game's faults and weaknesses because they like it.

For example, I loved the Darkness, it had great presentation and the story was solid full of good nods to the comics. BUT IT WAS A MEDIOCRE AND BLAND AS HELL SHOOTER AND THE MP WAS GAAAAAAAAAAAAARBAGE. The fact that I can enjoy it might have something to do with the comics, but I ain't gonna excuse it's failings.

I liked Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm a bit, but it was a mediocre fighter, and though there was a complexity to it, it wasn't complex, it wasn't deep, it's a throwaway game. It definitely doesn't stack up to other fighters. You can say Dissida is a good game as a whole package, I won't fight you on that, because that's totally up to how you feel about it, but the fighting aspect, that's nothing special. I blame that on being on the psp anyway.

Just because you like something doesn't make it good at all of the things it tries, and I won't say that people can't enjoy a game that has a good number of failings.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Now who's being shallow? It's not it's 3d fighting, Hell, Dead or alive features fighting on a 3d plane unlike SSF4. It's that it's a wide open arena where you collect power ups. Power Stone invented that shit.

Aside from those two things, what else does Dissidia and Power Stone have in common? Seriously.

You get defensive dood, it's ok it happens. I'm sorry I didn't realise this was a private conversation, perhaps you two should get a room so alex can spank you in private.

You fucker. What the hell are you talking about?

The game isn't complex, especially for a fighting game. Maybe for the PSP it's complex, but if I can wrap my head around how every character plays in a couple of hours then it's not complex. The fighting mechanics are pretty simple too.

Well obviously for the PSP. It's good for what its medium allows it to be. It can only do so much. Which sucks but I guess I've just come to terms with. It should've been a full scale HD PS3 game considering what its supposed to represent. But at the very least it ain't a damn button masher.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Aside from those two things, what else does Dissidia and Power Stone have in common? Seriously.

Those are the only things that matter. Because that's a direct influence on gameplay, and Dissidia is obviously inspired by it, which means it's not that unique.

You fucker. What the hell are you talking about?

Awww, he's feigning ignorance, how cute.
But at the very least it ain't a damn button masher

Thank god for small favors.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I will never understand people's inability to acknowledge a game's faults and weaknesses because they like it.

Dude, are you like trolling me? I already acknowledged and admit Dissidia's weaknesses. I was only wondering why Ashes thought it was an awful game. What the deuce?

I liked Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm a bit, but it was a mediocre fighter, and though there was a complexity to it, it wasn't complex, it wasn't deep, it's a throwaway game. It definitely doesn't stack up to other fighters. You can say Dissida is a good game as a whole package, I won't fight you on that, because that's totally up to how you feel about it, but the fighting aspect, that's nothing special. I blame that on being on the psp anyway.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's not gonna be an epic tier fighter. I understand that, nor do I kid myself into thinking that of Dissidia. It's good for what it is, which sadly isn't too much in terms of a fighting game, due to the fact its a PSP game, and UMDs have shit storage capacity.

Just because you like something doesn't make it good at all of the things it tries, and I won't say that people can't enjoy a game that has a good number of failings.

Dude I never said that, or thought that.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Those are the only things that matter. Because that's a direct influence on gameplay, and Dissidia is obviously inspired by it, which means it's not that unique.

I'd say the whole RPG elements, and combat system matter too. As well as the full on customization and accessory management. You can do some rather unique and innovative things with characters all depending on how you equip them.

Awww, he's feigning ignorance, how cute.

LOL wtf?

Thank god for small favors.

Well that's what I think of, when I hear a fighter game called shallow. A game that you can just button mash or spam with and win consistently.

GodRoy

Pro Adventurer
@GodRoy: Yeah I would expect to see Zack there too! I wouldn't mind some gimmick characters as unlockable, as random as that sounds, like moogles or etc. Could be fun xD

Lol, moogles taking down Sephiroth. Hmmm....

GodRoy

Pro Adventurer

Whoa, that sounded like I was really hard on it. I feel quite the opposite actually, I just meant that it is fun, but in a really silly way. You don't take the game seriously, but by all means there are some good points in it. And the psp format does limit the game from being anything that I could consider must have.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Dude I never said that, or thought that.

Uh huh.
Well that's what I think of, when I hear a fighter game called shallow. A game that you can just button mash or spam with and win consistently.
There are different degrees to everything, but naturally you assure the extreme.

EDIT: assume

derp

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Whoa, that sounded like I was really hard on it. I feel quite the opposite actually, I just meant that it is fun, but in a really silly way. You don't take the game seriously, but by all means there are some good points in it. And the psp format does limit the game from being anything that I could consider must have.

I was just reacting to you calling it non-canon, which is a hot button for me cause it is. :wackymonster:

I'm Batman said:
There are different degrees to everything, but naturally you assure the extreme.

Sorry I'm just used to the term "shallow" being used on the most egregious offenders in terms of fighting games.

GodRoy

Pro Adventurer
I was just reacting to you calling it non-canon, which is a hot button for me cause it is. :wackymonster:
Wait, is the story real in Dissidia like it actually happened in the storyline of the FF series or is it real like Cloud and Leon's stories in Kingdom Hearts? I'm confused a bit now.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
....It's real, as in. It's a true installment in the FF franchise. Why would you think otherwise?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Not trying to butt in, but I think it's agreeable that Dissidia is probably oe of the better games on the PSP. I found it rather addictive and enjoyable. The time I spent between playing it and LocoRoco pretty much justified me owning a PSP.

GodRoy

Pro Adventurer
....It's real, as in. It's a true installment in the FF franchise. Why would you think otherwise?

Lol, I dunno, maybe the narrator going something like, "Destiny's burden weighs heavily on Cloud's giant sword" made me think otherwise. And maybe the fact that it didn't get a number. But I was just wondering because I never know with Square Enix. Like before, according to some of them FF10 is the first installment in the FF7 compilation.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Lol, I dunno, maybe the narrator going something like, "Destiny's burden weighs heavily on Cloud's giant sword" made me think otherwise. And maybe the fact that it didn't get a number. But I was just wondering because I never know with Square Enix. Like before, according to some of them FF10 is the first installment in the FF7 compilation.

That was quote in regards to Cloud's adventure in the Dissidia world. Which is FF1's world.

Here, to keep from putting too many teal deers in this thread, I'll just have you refer to Tres and I's FAQ on the matter, which is here on this site. Edumacate yourself and enjoy :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Whether or not it's canon or a "true installment in the FF franchise" is pretty irrelevant tbh. It has no real bearing on anything.

GodRoy

Pro Adventurer
On another note, beside the fact that half the people here enjoyed it and the other half loathed it, not many people really put any ideas out on how to improve it. Is there no salvaging for the people against and is there no improving for the people for it?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
One thing I will say, is that if they put Dissidia 2 on the PSP GO 2 FAILMODEL 9 or whatever again, I swear to God I'll kick Kitase and everyone else in the nuts right after he opens his letter filled with DOOKIE AND ANTHRAX.

Put the fucking game on a console so that it can be taken seriously.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
One thing I will say, is that if they put Dissidia 2 on the PSP GO 2 FAILMODEL 9 or whatever again, I swear to God I'll kick Kitase and everyone else in the nuts right after he opens his letter filled with DOOKIE AND ANTHRAX.

Put the fucking game on a console so that it can be taken seriously.
Hello. This please.
(also get rid of brave points)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
On another note, beside the fact that half the people here enjoyed it and the other half loathed it, not many people really put any ideas out on how to improve it. Is there no salvaging for the people against and is there no improving for the people for it?

I don't loathe Dissidia.

But it's a severe waste of potential, especially being on a fucking handheld.

GodRoy

Pro Adventurer
After all those conflicting posts, I agree with the last three 100 percent. Some strange shit is going on...

Top Bottom