Dissidia 2

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Improvement? dump the manikins from the first game and give us actual monsters from the franchise, hell some large scale monsters to tangle with won't hurt. Manikins makes it so repetitive, if you wanna distinguish yourself from other fighting games, expand on your mythos by adding anything that can be challenging and fun from each instalment. But to be fair, they placed it in a handheld which reduced its potential greatly.

A good boss fight for example should be someone large scale and dangerous at the same time, something like Sin or Orthoros from 6.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Speaking of lazy, didn't you guys think the movements the characters made while in dialogue cutscenes were a bit...limited? They all have a signature movement, whic they do over and over again, making the characters seem a bit artificial.

I was a little bit disappointed by that, but it also could be because of the lack of space in the UMD, forcing them to programe a limited number of movements for the characters.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I thought the general idea of the manakins was interesting. Fighting mirror images of yourself or you your friends?

But yeah it could be seen as lazy. Or maybe it was a space saver?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I thought the general idea of the manakins was interesting. Fighting mirror images of yourself or you your friends?
Interesting? Yes, without a doubt. But imo the impact was severely lessened once those manakin battles started taking up about 80% of the games battles.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Emmă;251793 said:

I beg to differ. D: It's uninteresting concept, should've just thrown some mooks of varying levels, ranging from monsters from the series to other large mooks and special bosses other than Chaos. (Sin, Cid + Venat and Orthoros come to mind for me) :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
As cool as it would have been, would they have fit the story? What reason would such beings have for being sucked into this conflict? The whole point is that each side is only supposed to have ten warriors.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
They would. The point of the story is that Chaos wants to control all reality and it wouldn't hurt to double the chances by bringing in mooks from the series or special bosses to aid in his ultimate plan.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
No, it doesn't really fit, though. Each side is supposed to be equal in numbers.

Now, if there were monsters just randomly floating about in the twisting nether that were neutral to the conflict and just happened to be there, then that is one thing. But as actual minions of Chaos, I think the manakins make more sense.

The idea of monsters that are neutral to the conflict just being free-roaming in the area would have been neat, though.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Now that would make a better concept, especially optional boss encounters. But I feel manikins are just plain repetitive and boring in the long run.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Would the monsters really be any better, though? I can imagine having to fight the same couple of monsters over and over and over again. :/

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Wasn't the official explanation for the manikins "Cid had some uncompleted warriors lying around in the shed"? I'll take monsters over that.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Emmă;251819 said:
No, it doesn't really fit, though. Each side is supposed to be equal in numbers.

Now, if there were monsters just randomly floating about in the twisting nether that were neutral to the conflict and just happened to be there, then that is one thing. But as actual minions of Chaos, I think the manakins make more sense.

The idea of monsters that are neutral to the conflict just being free-roaming in the area would have been neat, though.

The world of Dissidia is a composite of all the worlds of FF. It'd make perfect sense if monsters were still floating around and being controlled by the pawns of Chaos.

Why the hell would evil creatures not be able to be manipulated and controlled by Chaos?

If they can control some artificially created failed experiments discarded by Cid, that were just found just floating around in the Dimensional Rift, then they could do the same for some monsters.

I'd rather smash the face of a Malboro, Bomb, Tonberry King, etc than the same goddamn crystallized Cloud or Warrior of Light I keep running into repeatedly.

GodRoy

Pro Adventurer
If having monsters instead would make the villain and hero ratio seem unbalanced, then couldn't you just throw in a couple more heroes? But the point of not having any monsters probably was because of the limited space on the psp, so doing that they would probably have to find a new format.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
the monsters wouldn't be counted towards the warriors of Chaos. They're just mooks.

No one counts the manikins so why would you count the monsters?

The real reason we have no fucking monsters is cause SE thought the PSP was a QUALITY console for this game, and then realized they had no more fucking space thanks to the UMD.

Cue palette swaps of all the characters serving as grunts. At least we got an awesome Chaos boss fight out of it.

But there is no reason that monsters could not be incorporated into the game. The storyline could easily have allowed it.

GodRoy

Pro Adventurer
the monsters wouldn't be counted towards the warriors of Chaos. They're just mooks. No one counts the manikins so why would you count the monsters?

So then the villains would have to fight them too? I suppose that could work.

The real reason we have no fucking monsters is cause SE thought the PSP was a QUALITY console for this game, and then realized they had no more fucking space thanks to the UMD.

But there is no reason that monsters could not be incorporated into the game. The storyline could easily have allowed it.

True, and games like Agito are supposed to amazing so the PSP could definitely live without it. So then which console or format do you think it should have been? A full HD edition to the series on PS3 or Xbox 360?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
UMD was a stupid fucking choice in the first place. Whatever new handheld Sony creates, they need to realize they need a better storage medium than this.

But these were the same assholes who thought people would actually buy movies on this stupid piece of plastic and thought the PSP GO was a great idea so, Im not hopeful.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Emmă;251819 said:

The hundreds upon hundreds of manikins do not already destroy this balance how?

Top Bottom