• HELL YES! Cait Sith can burn in hell!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No, I just dislike him

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Actually, I'm indifferent

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Nope, I actually like him

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • As if! He's one of my favorite characters!

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Later, he ends up running the world (but taking money from Rufus under the table), while Tifa runs a bar and Cloud runs a delivery business. How the hell did that happen?
Well, he is the last Shin-Ra executive in good shape at the end of the game, and Rufus isn't stupid enough to be the public face of whatever he's doing. The population probably recognized who Reeve was so they didn't have that much of a problem letting him run stuff.

And yes, he hung around to help evacuate Midgar and rescue people. So did the Turks. I dunno, I always feel that Reeve is motivated less by simple humanity and compassion than by the need to constantly prove to everyone, including himself, how morally upright he is.
This so much. I feel like the major difference between Reeve and the Turks is that Reeve has had only himself to answer to before he met AVALANCHE, while the Turks have each other to answer to. Also, Reeve cares about what other people think of him, the Turks don't.

In my mind, there has to be some type of AI on Cait Sith as Reeve can't control him all the time. What I'm more interested in is where the programing for the AI came from. It could be just normal computer programing. Or it could be whatever ability Reeve is supposed to have in DoC.

Demona

Dominique Destine
AKA
Sizheng
Honestly I thought that's why the writers created the SND, to justify the how of Cait Sith. But then they said that Reeve is magic and he can bring machines to life. Totally forgot about that lololol

THEY DIDN'T. PLEASE SAY YOU ARE TROLLING WITH THIS GARGABAGGE.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^^Reeve's ability is called Inspire (SND is Shelke and is completely different). Apparently it causes (inspires) inanimate objects to come to life. I think the idea is that this is what "programed" the AI for Cait Sith.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^^Reeve's ability is called Inspire (SND is Shelke and is completely different). Apparently it causes (inspires) inanimate objects to come to life. I think the idea is that this is what "programed" the AI for Cait Sith.

That's correct. But stupid. Cait Sith is a robot with an "autopilot" feature as Sizheng suggested. This is what I'll continue to believe.

And as I've pointed out before, just before anyone wants to curse the Compilation again, this "Inspire" crap is from FF7's Ultimania. You can't blame the Compilation for this one :monster:

If Reeve can cause inanimate objects to come to life, why didn't he cause the Sector 7 plate to float through the air like a magic carpet and then land gently somewhere uninhabited? Inspire is so uninspired.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
My headcannon is that he can only Inspire things to do stuff they already have the physical capacity to do. IE, he can Inspire a robot to come to life and move because it can physically move, speak etc. He can't Inspire things to do stuff they wouldn't ordinarily be able to do in the first place. In my head, it's more like computer programing, but the magical equivalent of it (probably some left-over Ancient ability rearing it's head).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If Reeve can cause inanimate objects to come to life, why didn't he cause the Sector 7 plate to float through the air like a magic carpet and then land gently somewhere uninhabited? Inspire is so uninspired.

I think that's getting a bit too lofty there.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite

This explains Hell Houses. Magicked to life by Reeve to hunt AVALANCHE. Somehow the creation of sad chimeras seems almost as bad as blowing up a city to crush them. No wonder their attack is called Suicide Drop.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I see Inspire as an Ancient Ability akin to Astral projection, one that Reeve just got lucky enough to have appear in him. I also speculate he can let Cait Sith run while he does other things because of a latent case of MPD. Cait Sith itself is just a Robot body that Reeve possesses and operates.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This explains Hell Houses. Magicked to life by Reeve to hunt AVALANCHE. Somehow the creation of sad chimeras seems almost as bad as blowing up a city to crush them. No wonder their attack is called Suicide Drop.

...dammit, Ite, don't make me like Inspire.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I see Inspire as an Ancient Ability akin to Astral projection, one that Reeve just got lucky enough to have appear in him. I also speculate he can let Cait Sith run while he does other things because of a latent case of MPD. Cait Sith itself is just a Robot body that Reeve possesses and operates.

Ah, a sensible explanation for the Inspire ability. I like it.

Back on the topic of liking Cait Sith, I have to say, I like Quina as well. This poll is proof that Cait Sith isn't as hated as his haters think he is.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I love Quina too. S/he gives me all the lolz.

The guy/girl just spend the entire game not giving a shit, like Amarant tries to do but ends up acting like a brat trying too hard. Quina legit just wants to eat stuff and doesn't care about anybody's angst. It could be because s/he's too stupid to understand what's going on but I have a feeling that even if Quina did, s/he still wouldn't care.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
http://theyetee.com/

Entirely Relevant to this discussion because

1_DETAIL.jpg

Is tempting to get.

Top Bottom