• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2021 -Official Thread of "is this just gonna be a Zoom meeting then?"-

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
E3Logo21.png

It's almost that time of the year again. Of course this year it'll be an "all-virtual" event so no live conference hype.

June 12 - 15

• Activision Publishing, Inc.
  • Amazon Game Studios
  • Bad Button Studio
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
  • Bethesda Softworks
  • Capcom USA, Inc.
  • Click Entertainment
  • DvG
  • Deep Silver, Inc.
  • Epic Games Inc.
  • Funcom
  • GAMELOFT
  • GFUEL
  • GTR Simulator
  • GungHo Online Entertainment America
  • HORI USA
  • Hyperkin, Inc.
  • Kalypso Media Group
  • KontrolFreek
  • Limited Run Games
  • LGA Enterprises
  • NCSOFT
  • nDreams
  • NEXT LEVEL RACING
  • Nintendo of America Inc.
  • NVIDIA
  • PureArts
  • Oculus from Facebook
  • RDS Industries Inc.
  • Rebellion
  • SEGA
  • Square Enix, Inc.
  • Take-Two Interactive Software
  • Tastemakers
  • TECHNISPORT
  • THQ Nordic
  • Ubisoft Entertainment SA
  • UnnamedVR by Paracosma
  • Warner Bros. Games
  • Xbox
  • XSEED Games
  • Xsolla

No schedule for streams exists yet as far as I can tell but will update when that is the case :monster:

Sony once again not there as has been the case since after 2018, no EA either.

I'm mostly excited at the prospect of more FFXVI news from Square Enix tbh.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Updates: https://e3expo.com/news/e3-news/e3-2021-online-portal-and-app

"The E3 2021 online portal and app will be a key hub for the duration of the show, with virtual “booths,” hosted events, video conferencing, profile and avatar creation, online forums and more. The online portal, created by Game Cloud Network, HCL Technologies Ltd and Revyrie Inc., will be the destination for all things E3, beginning with a media access week starting on Monday, June 7, followed by public access on Saturday, June 12, the first day of the E3 broadcast."

Registration for access to the online E3 portal will be free and begin later this month.

Beginning on June 12, the public version of the online portal will give access to:
  • Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor
  • Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
  • Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
  • Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
  • Profile Creation – All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
If the leaks are anything to go by, FF and Forspoken will be there. They also say in their blog post their lineup is mostly under wraps.

Rest assured we have plenty that will definitely make you go ‘ooh' and possibly even ‘ahh’, but we’re going to keep the line-up mostly under wraps for now. After all, we don’t want to ruin the fun.
With that in mind, here’s a tantalizingly vague list at what you can expect to see:

• The world premiere of a new game from Eidos-Montréal
  • An exciting update on BABYLON’S FALL
  • New details about Marvel’s Avengers Expansion: Black Panther- War for Wakanda and updates on upcoming in-game events
  • A deep dive on Life is Strange: True Colors and a first look at Life is Strange: Remastered Collection

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
If the leaks are anything to go by, FF and Forspoken will be there. They also say in their blog post their lineup is mostly under wraps.

Rest assured we have plenty that will definitely make you go ‘ooh' and possibly even ‘ahh’, but we’re going to keep the line-up mostly under wraps for now. After all, we don’t want to ruin the fun.
With that in mind, here’s a tantalizingly vague list at what you can expect to see:

• The world premiere of a new game from Eidos-Montréal
  • An exciting update on BABYLON’S FALL
  • New details about Marvel’s Avengers Expansion: Black Panther- War for Wakanda and updates on upcoming in-game events
  • A deep dive on Life is Strange: True Colors and a first look at Life is Strange: Remastered Collection
Guess that’s indicative that they are aware that their Japan based titles in development generate more hype than their SE Europe and NA titles?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Also, schedule of stuff can be found here: https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/e3-2021-schedule/

Includes a bunch of not-E3 like Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest. I think pretty much everything is announced now. Maybe I'll get off my lazy arse and do a timezone graphic for everything.

Thanks! So one week and two hours from now is S-E’s showcase. I’ll make sure to tune in :)

Lex

Administrator
There's a thread on ResetEra that's an absolute rollercoaster, where someone seemingly confirmed "don't expect any big FF stuff at Square Enix's showcase on Sunday" which is completely at odds with the leaks.

Thursday is the summer games fest thingie stream, both Sony and Square Enix are at that. Then SE have their thing on Sunday. We know big FF stuff is coming this month but it seems like SE might have slapped themselves again by giving their trailer reveals to other publishers. Aiyaaaaaaa

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah one of the insider people on Reset said something along the lines of FF news coming this month, even if it's not at Square Enix' event.
I'll still tune in for Life is Strange I guess but...come on, have FFXVI at your own event at least lol

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Don't know why people keep expecting news of JP games in a stream dedicated to the western branch of SE...

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Sonic game 2022(aka: Sonic Rangers if the accidental reveal is true or it's just a code name-I think it's true 'cause it makes sense) might have a slight change of getting a bit of a more reveal at this year's E3, but Prince of Persia Sands of Remake misses out, since Ubisoft just announced today it's been delayed now for an entire year, so that game's coming out next year too.

Top Bottom