• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2021 -Official Thread of "is this just gonna be a Zoom meeting then?"-

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Halo Infinite looks a lot better than it did before, but I think I set myself up for disappointment by wanting Elder Scrolls VI.

What are we expecting from Square? Primarily their subsidiaries' work, or stuff from the mainline studio?

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
No FFXVI was really disappointing, gotta admit Guardians was a nice surprise though, it looks genuinely fun.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Thought the same thing. Nomura was not the guy for this project.

Yeah, fuckin' hell. I also am really starting to dislike how Nomura's designs are shifting towards looking more and more like normal-ass looking dudes. At least in from FFVII-FFXIII, they still looked really unique and fun.

2d11998ca8a348193269e863bddb4e471447420578_large.jpg
c113248f93c3bac6bc816012577073c81504102633_large.jpg

OIP.H6M8exHmayHeKWjBIr083gHaEK

What's so hard about getting dudes like this and putting them in Dark Souls? That's all I would've wanted.

Instead we get this:
1623614976060.png

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The youtube chat went full toxic the moment Platinum's Babylon Fall was revealed as a GaaS.

Reactions: Wol

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I thought it looked pretty fucking awesome.

It's clear SE meant for this game to be an entirely different take from the original, something darker and more violent than their traditional fantasy direction. LOL, and these are certainly not the same Warriors of Light of FF1. They've... changed them quite a bit. One of them is homicidal. But the sheer violence and savagery is especially befitting someone like Garland and the Four Fiends... Those would be interesting to see in action combat. It looks fun, even if the aesthetic is completely opposite of what one would think from FF1.

Reactions: waw

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I thought it looked pretty fucking awesome.

It's clear SE meant for this game to be an entirely different take from the original, something darker and more violent than their traditional fantasy direction. LOL, and these are certainly not the same Warriors of Light of FF1. They've... changed them quite a bit. One of them is homicidal. But the sheer violence and savagery is especially befitting someone like Garland and the Four Fiends... Those would be interesting to see in action combat. It looks fun, even if the aesthetic is completely opposite of what one would think from FF1.

They already have vibe for XVI for that, though - early FF was supposed to be the thing that kept that look. I'm tired of apologetics that always try to justify new Final Fantasy not being fantastical enough. This new direction is boring as hell, simple as that. I've grown to be OK with it for XVI, but this is just disappointing.

Also, there's nothing stopping something with the Amano look from being violent and darker. If anything, I'd say it lends itself to it more - it's dramatic and surreal.

The gameplay does look great.

waw

Pro Adventurer
If Stranger of Paradise is really Souls-like, I'll be pretty jacked. I'm a little worried as it hints as only being the Temple of Chaos alone and I'm not so sure how I'll connect with these three protagonists. Their designs didn't wow me. The action has me curious, though. The whole thing has me curious, but I don't know yet.

Reactions: Wol
Top Bottom