• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2021 -Official Thread of "is this just gonna be a Zoom meeting then?"-

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This is technically true but it sorta misses the forest for the trees.

Ideally, in a world where covid hasn't ravaged public events, E3 exists as a marketing event that brings publishers, game developers, reporters and fans together to experience and see upcoming games and hardware in a festival setting.

Like, no shit, it's better and easier for publishers to just put up a video online, promote their shit in the most optimally curated manner and call it a day. But, is that really the only metric to judge this on? I frankly don't care about that. I'd rather have a hands on experience that allows people/reviewers/etc to actually see the goods first hand. It's more meaningful than just having some corporate person post a video that's just a sales piece to get you hyped and then be done.

People really seem to forget or miss the point of what E3 was about. When they closed themselves to the public, fans were outraged and that ironically begun their slide towards irrelevance. The fact this year there were so few publishers, and those that showed up had so little to show, had more to do with E3's lackluster showing than anything else and that's the reality of it. It's going to be a sad day when there are basically no public events that bring gaming to the masses. Japan sees value in such event promotion, it's a shame a lot of other places do not.

Yeah, E3 sucks but once it's dead, there's not going to be anything else to take it's place and gaming won't have an event that publishers will have any desire whatsoever to participate in for the sake of the public. Then we can all just silo ourselves to our direct corporation, become excited for product, and then consume product. Efficiently :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This is technically true but it sorta misses the forest for the trees.

Ideally, in a world where covid hasn't ravaged public events, E3 exists as a marketing event that brings publishers, game developers, reporters and fans together to experience and see upcoming games and hardware in a festival setting.

Like, no shit, it's better and easier for publishers to just put up a video online, promote their shit in the most optimally curated manner and call it a day. But, is that really the only metric to judge this on? I frankly don't care about that. I'd rather have a hands on experience that allows people/reviewers/etc to actually see the goods first hand. It's more meaningful than just having some corporate person post a video that's just a sales piece to get you hyped and then be done.

I feel like this is a thing that could entirely be bypassed if showfloor demos would just be public demos. Imagine if during E3 season outside of conferences and shit you also get a flood of cool new shit to try out and download from PSN etc.
As it is, only few get to have a hands on experience and then I have to take their word for it :monster:

People really seem to forget or miss the point of what E3 was about. When they closed themselves to the public, fans were outraged and that ironically begun their slide towards irrelevance.

Wait though, E3 was always closed to the public. It was only in 2017 that any joe schmoe could purchase tickets. They briefly had a thing called E for everyone or whatever but that was not-really-E3.

Yeah, E3 sucks but once it's dead, there's not going to be anything else to take it's place and gaming won't have an event that publishers will have any desire whatsoever to participate in for the sake of the public. Then we can all just silo ourselves to our direct corporation, become excited for product, and then consume product. Efficiently :monster:

I think Keighley is already trying to fill the E3 void with his Summer Game Fest umbrella. Doritos Pope is our saviour, embrace him and taste the dew

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
Nobody excited about the return of the Advance Wars series with AW1&2 remake? :excited: That and Metroid 5 just made my day.
Also the other day's Microsoft's show was great (Starfield, Fisherman's Horizon 5, etc.), though they still held off some.

Top Bottom