East Pax Boston 2014

Lifebond

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
The Green Hat
Square-Enix will be releasing some new games this year at the East Pax in Boston, MA April 11-13 2014.

Unconfirmed sources claim there is a scheduled event for FF7 Fans at the Pax-East. It is said that Square will actually be asking it's fans for stories they have made. It seems a possible Final Fantasy 7 remake will be coming out sometime near its 20th year anniversary in 2017 :aah:

Lifebond

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
The Green Hat
insider source. a personal connect attending. he claimed it was on the Pax-East website. I was just checking it, the schedule web page portal is down.

Alice

The Persistent Flourish
I remember years back there was some talk about FFVII's remake coming around on its 20th Anniversary. Don't remember if that had a source or if it was just fans being hopeful. It might have been a bit of both, what with Square being all over the place about making it.

Lifebond

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
The Green Hat
Modernizing Fantasy RPGs

Luke Crane (Burning Wheel, Mouse Guard, Torchbearer), Thor Olavsrud (Torchbearer) and Adam Koebel (Dungeon World) talk trash about boring (and offensive) ideas in fantasy RPGs while waxing poetic about OSR and indie RPGs. Drawing on over a decade of experience publishing fantasy RPGs, they promise to offend sensibilities and enlighten the curious to worlds undreamed.
Panelists:

Luke Crane [Dungeon Master, Burning Wheel], Thor Olavsrud [Torchbearer, Barrow Wight], Adam Koebel [Kobold, Sage Kobold]

Lex

Administrator
I remember years back there was some talk about FFVII's remake coming around on its 20th Anniversary. Don't remember if that had a source or if it was just fans being hopeful. It might have been a bit of both, what with Square being all over the place about making it.

I have a link to an old news article somewhere, but it was someone (important) from Square who said they "saw the compilation of FFVII lasting for 20 years" or something. As in, from the day VII was released.

I'm of the belief that they were working on something to finally wrap up the compilation and it was one of those many projects that were dropped (SE actually said "many projects have been dropped") after the colossal failure and subsequent huge hit in revenue they took when the original XIV was launched.

Lifebond

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
The Green Hat
I don't think SE would be so quick to disregard FF7. It is a golden egg they have milked for years now. Although characters from FF7 only were seen in other SE games. I just think that might be a reason they would not want to finish it. With future gaming platforms ahead possibilities are endless.

Lifebond

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
The Green Hat
you could be 100% right though. We'll see, i just hope they get another addition to the story already.

Lifebond

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
The Green Hat
For anyone that cares. MY FAN FICTION MADE IT TO SQUARE ON THEIR BIG SCREEN AT THE PAX EAST. CONFIRMED

Top Bottom