English Voices

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Good to see Steve Burton is back, and Garland and Firion sound awesome. But Zidane and Kuja, ARG! To quote Kuja himself: "Shut up! You're hurting my ears...!"

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Kuja and Zidane do sound mighty weird. I was expecting a slightly flirtier voice for Zidane, like Baltheir. :awesome: But I want to hear Terra something bad.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Same here, I hope they got Terra right. Zidane and Kuja's Jap VAs sound exactly as I imagined them, but their English VAs are way are.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
A link to the English voice samples would be appreciated for convenience' sake.

Also, Cecil keeping his same VA, Y/N?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Not really thrilled about the voices myself.

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
I have to agree, Firion is perfect. I'm gonna have to hear more from Zidane and Kuja in order to give my opinion of their voices though.

I can't wait to hear the rest! :joy:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
The voices do nothing for me. If Tidus and Jecht have their original voices I'll behappy with that, at least. I'm getting this game regardless so it doesn't really matter.

Gale

Read My Mind
Good to see Johnny Young Bosch getting work in absolutely everything.

No opinion as it stands besides the fact that Zidane chided my ears. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised, as always.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
None of them bother me, but I have heard many of the actors used too many times to think anything much of it.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
What the hell is with zidane's bullshit voice????? I don't mind the others. But Zidane and Kuja's.... God help us all. And Mark Hamill for Kefka ftw.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Gah.... I too am disappointed in Zidane and Kuja's voices.

It's not a really big deal, but man. What did you do to my monkey-tail? :(

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Warrior of Light sounded a tad odd to me, but I need to hear more of him and Firion, wowza, Bosch was a good pick for him fits him really well ^^. I don't quite get what was so wierd about Zidane and Kuja, though they sounded a little "hollow-ish" to me. I'm so glad Steve Burton is back YAY! His name was not tacked on Cloud yet for the Dissidia english voice cast on Wikipedia so I nearly had a massive heart attack over it o.o but I found it confirmed on Steve's Wiki-page so I felt LOTS better, then the confirmation from the trailer, so I'm good! Can't wait to hear the others! :joy:

+ Seeker Of Salvation +

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Warrior of Light sounded a tad odd to me, but I need to hear more of him and Firion, wowza, Bosch was a good pick for him fits him really well ^^. I don't quite get what was so wierd about Zidane and Kuja, though they sounded a little "hollow-ish" to me. I'm so glad Steve Burton is back YAY! His name was not tacked on Cloud yet for the Dissidia english voice cast on Wikipedia so I nearly had a massive heart attack over it o.o but I found it confirmed on Steve's Wiki-page so I felt LOTS better, then the confirmation from the trailer, so I'm good! Can't wait to hear the others! :joy:

Wikipedia is not something you should be looking to for confirmation, really. ;)

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
@ Masa, I know XD which is why I went scrambling for the trailer. I didn't just take it straight from Wiki, trust me I'm well aware XD. I didnt squee like mad til I heard his voice in teh trailer LOLz.

+ Seeker Of Salvation +

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
He stole Zidane's. Yeah, Kuj and Zid are meh, but the rest are most awesome.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

"Don't fuck with the Jedi Master Son."

That should be one of Kefka's victory quotes! What about his intro, maybe to Tidus:

"Any last words before I bust your balls?"

But yeah, if Kevin Smith can get Hamill to call himself "Cocknocker", SE can get him to voice Kefka.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I hope they keep his "Can I play with your balls?" line from the Japanese game.
I think that'd translate a little TOO child-molester-clown for most translators tastes. :awesome:

Top Bottom