Fansubs are up

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm greatly looking forward to yours actually.
This's just something to do in the mean time.

X :neo:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
PBF071-Weeaboo.gif

I had to. :awesomonster:

BOEG

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Maybe by "weaboo" the person means refer to Cloud as "Cloud" in the subs and not "Kuraudo-Chan," or something. That's my best guess. It's big topic of interest on numerous Dragonball forums where people flip shit when Future Trunks is called "Mirai Turankusu"

I don't like it, but it doesn't bug me.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Oh god no. I wouldn't do something stupid like that. My subs are localized. No Japanese Honorifics of any kind. That's just ridiculous when the world is based in a fantasy world and not Japan.

Anyone who puts Kuraudo in the subs is retarded too, because they even have official Latin character spellings.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
I am a real subbing group.

On another note, I've begun timing Denzel's Case OVA. There'll be a 720p and 1080p release for this as well. Most likely there'll be a 1080 PS3 release that will follow after the MKV releases.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I don't mind honorifics really. When I say weeaboo, I mean stuff like this:

weeaboo.jpg

Okay really, I'm supposed to read all that in less than 5 seconds? And who cares? Then write, "Are you okay Strawhat?"

weeaboo2.jpg

Nakama has an English translation. It means friend, comrade, acquaintance, ally, associate, buddy, classmate, cohort, colleague, companion, compatriot, consort, crony, familiar, intimate, mate, pal, partner, crewmate, sidekick, soul mate, spare, well-wisher

PICK ONE!

And my personal new favorite that the OP community has wrapped their retarded paws around:
weeaboo3.jpg

The word haki means ambition or will power... so basically what they just said was, "If a person's ambition is strong, their ambition is strong."

Really? You think?

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
I don't mind honorifics really. When I say weeaboo, I mean stuff like this:

weeaboo.jpg

Okay really, I'm supposed to read all that in less than 5 seconds? And who cares? Then write, "Are you okay Strawhat?"

weeaboo2.jpg

Nakama has an English translation. It means friend, comrade, acquaintance, ally, associate, buddy, classmate, cohort, colleague, companion, compatriot, consort, crony, familiar, intimate, mate, pal, partner, crewmate, sidekick, soul mate, spare, well-wisher

PICK ONE!

And my personal new favorite that the OP community has wrapped their retarded paws around:
weeaboo3.jpg

The word haki means ambition or will power... so basically what they just said was, "If a person's ambition is strong, their ambition is strong."

Really? You think?

lol In the fansub community we've seen a lot worst. Like TL notes that take up the entire screen. Or a script with a million 3 liners. Oh man and those infamous uses of the word "nakama" lol

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The point of a subtitle is not to divulge into the deeper recesses of the over nine thousaaand meanings of some Jap word - there's over nine thousaaand possible meanings for a lot of English words as well depending on context, tone of voice, and whatnot, and those are never bothered to be explained.

In fact, the only stuff I can think of that wouldn't be susceptible for a double meaning would be either 'n00dz or gtfo' or 'CTHULHU FHTAGN'.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
CTHULHU FHTAGN does have a double meaning, it means either "Cthulhu waits" or "Cthulhu dreams" or "Cthulhu waits dreaming" :wackymonster:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
weeaboo3.jpg

Really? You think?

Okay... That. :bigawesomonster:

I LOL'd. Non-stop.

I really don't get all this fangirling/fanboying over the Japanese language. I mean, I love anime and manga and all, but sometimes too much of that is too much :awesome: Seriously.

And, uh, I don't know if this issue's been addressed before or anything, but I can't seem to load my subtitles. I'm no n00b at this, so this puzzles me. :monster:

And why are "weeaboos" called "weeaboos"? I seriously don't get how that word came up.

EDIT: Never mind about the subs. I got it. :awesomonster:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
CTHULHU FHTAGN does have a double meaning, it means either "Cthulhu waits" or "Cthulhu dreams" or "Cthulhu waits dreaming" :wackymonster:

Actually, that's a flaw in the English language, since FHTAGN doesn't translate as directly to your obviously inferior language. And also because you mortals cannot comprehend the language of the Great Old Ones, for it is far beyond comprehension.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Of course, :monster:.

also, weeaboo comes from a Perry Bible Fellowship comic which I poasted somewhere; might even have been in this thread. :wackymonster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Actually it means 'Cthulhu has a terrible hangover and feels both fat and bloated and really regrets doing that 'gone wild' thing with Ryu and company last night.'

Actually, that's a flaw in the English language, since FHTAGN doesn't translate as directly to your obviously inferior language. And also because you mortals cannot comprehend the language of the Great Old Ones, for it is far beyond comprehension.

Actually, cultists just all have lisps. They're really just trying to tell you about Oxi Clean.

lol In the fansub community we've seen a lot worst. Like TL notes that take up the entire screen. Or a script with a million 3 liners. Oh man and those infamous uses of the word "nakama" lol

I am quite amused by those. It's why Advent fanboys was full of 'em.

Of course, :monster:.

also, weeaboo comes from a Perry Bible Fellowship comic which I poasted somewhere; might even have been in this thread. :wackymonster:

You did. And for that, we must paddle you.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So, anyone have any better subs than those on Subscene? I've seen two, and both are poorly spelled Engrish, and I cba to fix them up myself, :monster:.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
'kay, I'll just fix it up myself then, :monster:.

lulz, whoever wrote this is a weeaboo. Failing to translate 'senpai' at the start (which according to Wikipedia can be translated to 'master' or something), and a continuous stream of 'WHAT HAPPEN?'.

I should put in 'ALL YOUR BASE' etc in there for the lulz. Anyone want me to post it when I'm done? I can't guarantee it'll be accurate (since I know about 3 word of Japanese, of which two involve tentacle raep), but the spelling mistakes will be fixxed for the most part.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I think senpai would translate better to "sir" wouldnt it. Master seems a bit I dream of genie. :awesome: And it refers to her superiors, tseng, reno and rude.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Does Ajito mean "their base" or is it a name for the Forgotten City? Because those subs play it both ways.

Top Bottom