• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Favorite FFVII Cosplays (other FF's welcome)

Demona

Dominique Destine
AKA
Sizheng
^

If I use that logic, I cannot cosplay 90% of characters because of my tan skin. >_>

That's how I felt, too, back when I was cosplaying--it was awful having to use light makeup and such. Also, cannot cosplay most characters because I have a rounder face and most characters have heart-shaped ones. I am aware of this and so I don't try.

Also, because I am a girl. All those female!Clouds, watch out!

A good cosplay plays to your strengths, sure, but given how much effort goes into costumes, I'd give my okay to costumes where a tremendous amount of time and effort was obviously given. Also, I don't know what Cosmo's been telling Matthewtheman but Tifa's proportions are actually exceedingly rare.

Ghost X

This reminds me of the ongoing debate at the art society I'm a member at about what art should be. Yeah, good luck with that. I'mma be over here not wasting my time :awesome:.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The population of people who are that skinny and have Tifa sized tits is not that small. I think the best cosplays are the ones that are as perfect as possible, and I'm also a bit of a nitpicker, so I often feel the need to point out when someone gets a detail wrong.
Though I have say, not having big enough breasts seems to be a problem with most Tifa cosplayers. I've even seen one whose breasts were too big.

It's not exactly something that most girls can help. It's not like they got a color wrong or didn't put enough stripes on a shirt or etc etc.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
The population of people who are that skinny and have Tifa sized tits is not that small. I think the best cosplays are the ones that are as perfect as possible, and I'm also a bit of a nitpicker, so I often feel the need to point out when someone gets a detail wrong.
Though I have say, not having big enough breasts seems to be a problem with most Tifa cosplayers. I've even seen one whose breasts were too big.

The population of people who are skinny and have Tifa sized breasts isn't tiny, but it's still rather small. Especially when you filter out;

The women who have that bodytype
The women of said bodytype who play FF7
The women of said bodytype/gamers who are interested in cosplaying Tifa

It equals out to be pretty small. I can understand the preference for cosplayers to strive to fit the character they're going for but I can't help but get a 'weird ass' vibe from what you're saying.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Or they are models getting paid by a fan-costume maker to show off their seamster(ess) skills, and no one involved gives two shits about FF7 but they all want exposure and net buzz.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I can understand being nitpicky to a point (it is, after all something that's just for fun.) But holding something like boob size against a Tifa cosplayer is a little absurd. Yeah, as Ryu said, if you're very overweight and cosplaying Voldo, you kind of had some ridicule coming. (Why would anyone cosplay Voldo?)
But if you resemble Tifa in build, hair, and facial structure, and construct an accurate costume, I hardly think it should be held against you that you're bust is smaller than Tifa's, of all characters.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
The population of people who are skinny and have Tifa sized breasts isn't tiny, but it's still rather small. Especially when you filter out;

The women who have that bodytype
The women of said bodytype who play FF7
The women of said bodytype/gamers who are interested in cosplaying Tifa

It equals out to be pretty small. I can understand the preference for cosplayers to strive to fit the character they're going for but I can't help but get a 'weird ass' vibe from what you're saying.

That's what I as trying to get across. 0.0000000000000001% or whatever the percent was is an exaggeration of how small the number actually is.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Well ones that I would consider my "favorite" cosplays are ones that get pretty much everything right. I agree with Ryu on the body type thing. I have to say, that Vincent is the best cosplay on this thread that I've seen so far.

AvecAloes

Donator
Oh come on, I didn't mean for that to be taken as a literal number. I was merely trying to convey that I found your disdain for the cosplayer's "small" chest to be ridiculous when her outfit/stance/appearance is spot on. Also, I found your request for more pictures of her "cleavage" so that you might scrutinize it further to be squicky at best.

Demona

Dominique Destine
AKA
Sizheng
Oh come on, I didn't mean for that to be taken as a literal number. I was merely trying to convey that I found your disdain for the cosplayer's "small" chest to be ridiculous when her outfit/stance/appearance is spot on. Also, I found your request for more pictures of her "cleavage" so that you might scrutinize it further to be squicky at best.

I agree with Avec. It made me feel a little weird. Sorry if you feel attacked about your opinions, but that's mine, sorry.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC:

5757768492_9ce312fcd0_z.jpg

^ cracks me up.

4335851590_5efbce3414.jpg

The Rude in this one is pretty rad:

4760811559_68d83462d3_z.jpg

Last edited:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer

Forward to 2:00 to get the Tifa cosplay part. I love it that they come from different nationalities, my only nitpick is that Tifa doesn't really show her cleavage (except for the Don Mansion outfit.)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well ones that I would consider my "favorite" cosplays are ones that get pretty much everything right. I agree with Ryu on the body type thing. I have to say, that Vincent is the best cosplay on this thread that I've seen so far.

But that Vincent one is photoshopped to hell, her eyes look fake as shit. We could shoop some tits on the Tifa one if that's all it takes.

Also, if she had cleavage, THAT would be something to nitpick, because contrary to fanarts and cosplays the world over, Tifa doesn't wear anything that shows cleavage.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Trigger warning (sort of)

I would never hold against a cosplayer the fact she doesn't have Tifa's breast size. And definitely, if her cosplay is flawless in every other area, she deserves praise. However, it is also true that breast size is, basically, another trait of the character that "you need to get right" if you want perfection. Just as wearing the proper clothes, or having the proper hair style. It's true that those things you can sort of fix, while breast size, you can't. Same thing with height I guess.

But then, if I saw two Tifa cosplayers who got it 100% right, and one of them had Tifa's breast size, I would like her better. Not because "I have disdain for small breasts" or some shit like that. Just because it's a character's physical trait they got right.

In the same light, a tall bulky Barrett would always look more faithful to the original than a tall muscled Barrett (what I mean here is that muscled =/= bulky).

Fangu

Great Old One
That's the thing about the cowboy outfit though, it's very easy to fake big breasts (socks and three bras, hello) in that outfit if one wanted to. But more importantly, her breasts aren't as notable in that outfit - she's supposed to be 15 after all. The outfit is more about legs and stomach than boobs, while her OG outfit is about all of them.

So the cowboy one posted in this thread is a very good cosplays imo because that outfit is less about boobs. For her OG one, I do expect boobs, in reference to what Alex S posted. The problem with that is, Tifa is obv breaking the 'slut rule' of never wearing a short skirt AND a cleavage - you can have the one, but never both; it'll just make you look cheap. So I guess you have to balance it out with having kind of a pencil figure (except for the breasts) and a very innocent face, with long, young girl-looking hair. It's a very hard thing to balance. Also you have to play on the fighter element - that outfit looks a lot more sluttier if you leave out the fighting gear and the gloves, it's part of what roughens it up and takes at least some of the focus off the breasts.

My 2 cents anyway.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Tifa still never wears cleavage though. The cowgirl out fit is lower-cut than her FF7 one, but still not a diving collar. Even her dress at Corneo's goes up to her neck. She always shows more legs. (While Aerith is more apt to show cleavage, ironic considering she's the one regarded as having the hips and ass while Tifa has the chest.)

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
But that Vincent one is photoshopped to hell, her eyes look fake as shit. We could shoop some tits on the Tifa one if that's all it takes.

Also, if she had cleavage, THAT would be something to nitpick, because contrary to fanarts and cosplays the world over, Tifa doesn't wear anything that shows cleavage.

cowgirl outfit, crisis core, look it up

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
That's the thing about the cowboy outfit though, it's very easy to fake big breasts (socks and three bras, hello) in that outfit if one wanted to. But more importantly, her breasts aren't as notable in that outfit - she's supposed to be 15 after all. The outfit is more about legs and stomach than boobs, while her OG outfit is about all of them.

So the cowboy one posted in this thread is a very good cosplays imo because that outfit is less about boobs. For her OG one, I do expect boobs, in reference to what Alex S posted. The problem with that is, Tifa is obv breaking the 'slut rule' of never wearing a short skirt AND a cleavage - you can have the one, but never both; it'll just make you look cheap. So I guess you have to balance it out with having kind of a pencil figure (except for the breasts) and a very innocent face, with long, young girl-looking hair. It's a very hard thing to balance. Also you have to play on the fighter element - that outfit looks a lot more sluttier if you leave out the fighting gear and the gloves, it's part of what roughens it up and takes at least some of the focus off the breasts.

My 2 cents anyway.

Actually her cowgirl outfit from Crisis Core has a short skirt AND cleavage, which is why I was nitpicking that girls cowgirl Tifa outfit because it was clearly the Crisis Core version and yet it lacked cleavage. If I see a Tifa cosplay with cleavage and it's not the CC outfit or her Wall Market dress, you can expect me to nitpick it.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Tifa still never wears cleavage though. The cowgirl out fit is lower-cut than her FF7 one, but still not a diving collar. Even her dress at Corneo's goes up to her neck. She always shows more legs. (While Aerith is more apt to show cleavage, ironic considering she's the one regarded as having the hips and ass while Tifa has the chest.)

You need to look at her Wall Market dress again, as well as her Crisis Core cowgirl outfit, since both show her cleavage.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
You know I didn't really trust my memory on this one, so I did an image search. I saw many, many examples of Tifa's cowgirl outfit showing cleavage... all of which were fanart or cosplay. The official images and those direct from Crisis Core? Not so much. The outfit is definitely cut lower than the one she wears as an adult, sufficient to see her collar bones. But not cleavage, there's no line suggesting the space between breasts in any of these. Not gonna argue about the Wall Market dress, which was 100% old school lego graphics. But cowgirl Tifa is not exposing cleavage that I can see.

Vendel

Banned
You know I didn't really trust my memory on this one, so I did an image search. I saw many, many examples of Tifa's cowgirl outfit showing cleavage... all of which were fanart or cosplay. The official images and those direct from Crisis Core? Not so much. The outfit is definitely cut lower than the one she wears as an adult, sufficient to see her collar bones. But not cleavage, there's no line suggesting the space between breasts in any of these. Not gonna argue about the Wall Market dress, which was 100% old school lego graphics. But cowgirl Tifa is not exposing cleavage that I can see.

Yeah, even though her CC outfit is like half the size that it was in the OG.

Not that I will ever complain about chicks with big boobs doing the cosplay wrong.....

Fangu

Great Old One
Guys, let me settle this argument for you... or, you might have to draw in the boob lines yourself :monster:

tifas.jpg

I did not make this though. Source.

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
This is probably the most detailed piece of image on her looks during that time, in the original game.

Nibelheim_Photo.gif

Doesn't look like there's a lot of cleavage, to me. At least, not too pronounced. But then again the discussion would become "this is OG cowgirl Tifa" vs "this is Crisis Core cowgirl Tifa"...

Edit: Sort of tree'd by Fangu :monster:

Top Bottom