• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Favorite Television Shows

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
The Office

Pushing Daises was great, but..gone.. :(

Battlestar Galactica

The Closer

Conan O'Brien

Iron Chef(either version)

Jeff Corwin

Naruto(even though every time I watch an episode I end up thinking "Gawd, this is so stupid! Argh!" Then I watch it again. The manga's better, but big surprise).

Cops(because midgets kicking people, a guy with a house full of snakes, and delinquents swearing they will be good on the "Holey Jee-sus" statue in their yard never gets old.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Leanan Sidhe link=topic=78.msg4514#msg4514 date=1230355437]
Cops(because midgets kicking people, a guy with a house full of snakes, and delinquents swearing they will be good on the "Holey Jee-sus" statue in their yard but get tazed nevertheless in the name of lulz and good TV never gets old.
[/quote]

fixxed, and agr'd. I watched it all the time while I was there. Amurcan cops are much more hardcore than they are over here, where they need to fill in several pages of paperwork just to motivate why they pulled their gun, let alone fire it. It's almost national news whenever a cop does that, :monster:.

While over there it's 'get out of the car or get tazed', and people are stupid enough to choose for option two.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
It's pretty messed up, but this one guy got tazed because he wouldn't get down on the ground or something when the police repeatedly told him to. They thought he was drunk and just trying to start something, but he was really in diabetic shock! The symptoms are very similar, apparently.

Mmmmm...bwahaha haha... I know I'm wrong..but the idea is so freaking funny...

Well, the guy's okay now, but dude... *shakes her head*

Old time Tom and Jerry will always be my favorite. But any cartoon from that time is pretty good. Other than that I don't watch TV much these days except for the occasional hockey game.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Cops, gotta love watching dumb asses get owned.

House , over the top and cynical. Yum

Lost, seriously who doesnt like lost?
Futurama, come oooon
family guy
Metalocalypse
Comedy Central presents.
CSI, house without the hospital :D
Boy meets world (its a classic)
Gilligans island
Drake and josh (the last decent show on children programming that isnt a ploy to make a teenage bitch with a bad voice a pop star)

Rob and big , its on MTV so its obviously scripted but fuck it the writers are hillarious.

Nega Adri

Lv. 25 Adventurer
My favorites are (in no particular order):

Heroes
Attack of the Show
X-Play
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Robot Chicken
Family Guy
Big Bang Theory
L Word
Colbert Report
Futurama
Doctor Who
Top Gear

Some of these I forget to catch a lot, but love them when I do see them on. Heroes is, though, my favorite TV show even if its gotten a bit shit in the second and third seasons. There are some other shows that I loved earlier seasons of, but I think there are too many and not worh mentioning. Aside from maybe Charmed.

kunoichi

dead
Futurama
TV Burp
Top Gear
Have I got news for you

That's about it for now since I don't really watch much.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I mostly watch the History and Discovery channels. But I really liked JAG. Top Gear is awesome, Family guy is good but dwindling of late. Always love me some Star Trek, TNG is the best but I like the others.

I'm also a big fan of the old Knight Rider and have been trying desperately trying to give the new one a chance. In most cases they've dropped the ball but there had been an infrequent enough gem to keep me at least having it on in the background. But I'll do my little plug here, if you like the old show, I really recommend that you watch the latest (episode 10), with this one, at least, they finally made an episode that felt like KR, it was really really good, I thought.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
I love Bryan Fuller series. I hate how they always get canceled... They were Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, and Wonderfalls. (Dead Like Me is getting a straight-to-DVD sequel next month, but... Meh.)

Firefly and Blackadder are also amazing.

But I don't really watch any currently airing shows... Used to like Heroes, but that went to hell. Maybe it will get better with Bryan Fuller's return?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The second series was quite meh, but I'm also blaming that on the strike and whatnot. I hope they'll bring it back properly in the third season though.

... wait, don't tell me, season 3's already going? Oh well.

Also, Lost should start again posthaste, :@. Downloaded all four seasons and spent many a month watching them (2 - 4 / week), but they ran out eventually :/.

Six Feet Under, the Colbert Report, the Daily Show, and Lost (probably the only show whose new season I'll be keeping up with) are my favorites. Can't go wrong with Law & Order re-runs, either, but I don't really go out of my way to watch it.

Nega Adri

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Did anyone ever catch Journeyman? It aired on NBC right after Heroes during the Autumn '07 line-up. I quite enjoyed that show. Really sucks that they cancelled it. I think the death blow to that show was from the Writers' Strike that JUST HAD TO HAPPEN. Still upset about that. But yeah, thought Journeyman was a good idea and series to keep running.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Lost (probably the only show whose new season I'll be keeping up with)
True dat. Lost is really the only television show I'ma an enormous fan of. I like Heroes too, but it doesn;t compare to Lost on any level rly.

Other than that I like Top Gear and I'm a abig fan of comedy panel shows, Mock the Week, QI, et al. Which is seriously good stuff.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
I don't watch much television anymore. But, I always make sure to catch every episode of Real Time with Bill Maher. His program is somewhat godlike.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Sir Integra link=topic=78.msg8034#msg8034 date=1231917142]
Did anyone ever catch Journeyman? It aired on NBC right after Heroes during the Autumn '07 line-up. I quite enjoyed that show. Really sucks that they cancelled it. I think the death blow to that show was from the Writers' Strike that JUST HAD TO HAPPEN. Still upset about that. But yeah, thought Journeyman was a good idea and series to keep running.
[/quote]

I've heard of it before, but I never watched it. Do you know if it's going to get a DVD release?

Stupid Writers' Strike...

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Oh boy! I get to resurrect an 11-year-old thread! That's gotta be some kind of achievement, right?

Anyway, if you've never seen it, there's this wonderful show on Netflix. It goes by 2 titles: "Money Heist" (English) or "La Casa de Papel" (Spanish).

It is probably my favorite show in existence. And the 4th season just dropped on Netflix today! :excited: Which is why I'm here.

But seriously, it's INCREDIBLE. It's also incredible to me that more people (in the US, anyway) haven't watched it. It was Netflix's 3rd most watched series in 2019.

Rather than stumble my way through an awkward explanation as to why the show is so good, I'll just link to the trailer. Even that really can't do enough to show you the depth the series gets into, but I hope some of you go on to watch it!

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Ok, keeping with the revival of the thread. Would take a long time to fill this list because it's been a while since I commited to a live action series or anything not anime (which I've been neglecting too), but I'll try. I will also include mini-series, mind you. So, in no particular order, and only listing live action series:
  • Stargate SG-1
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation
  • Farscape
  • Frasier
  • Sherlock (even if the last season was wacky af)
  • Good Omens
  • Alló, alló!
  • The Black Adder
  • The Mentalist
  • Pushing Daisies
  • Gotham (yep, I think it was good. Then again, I'm no comic book expert :monster: )
  • Father Brown (because I'm very partial to spotting British actors from other series/movies)
  • Poirot
  • Castle
  • Firefly
  • More than Human (gods that one had potential! Too bad it didn't get past season one)
  • The Mandalorian
  • The X-Files
  • Millennium (lattest addition, and I'm only through the first four chapters)
I... I think I'm seeing a pattern... :awesome: Seems like I like old school science fiction and murder mysteries with little to no drama and no histrionics. Oh, and British humor :awesome:

I was thinking about including Critical Role, but I'm not sure if it qualifies as a tv show. After all it's a web series.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
New York Undercover, Prison Break, Chicago PD, and the Originals.

I watch more movies than tv shows

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Loved this but I actually don't know many people who watched it. Did you see the 5th "revival" season? I enjoyed it.
When they were in Yemen? Yeah, I loved that series. The ending of season 4 was super sad

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I like a lot of sitcoms and cartoons. Here are a few, and their mostly 70s-00s shows. Television today has too many 'reality' shows, which I hate, along with soap operas.

Reba
Dilbert
M*A*S*H
Alf
Golden Girls
Everyone Hates Chris
Everyone Loves Raymond
Monty Python
Vicar of Dibley
Are You Being Served
The Red Green Show
Transformers (G1, Animated, Prime)
Keeping Up Appearances
Red Dwarf
Wildfire (cartoon)
She-Ra: Princess of Power
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (80s and 00s versions)
Home Improvement
...so many others...

Top Bottom