Favourite Area?

Elysianist

Pro Adventurer
AKA
T, Zulo, Thomas
Have to do favourite areas too!

For me it's either Cosmo Canyon because I remember on my first playthrough I was like I adored the music. Orrr...
The Temple of The Ancients, just because I love the M.C. Escher-style design and the eeriness of discovering Meteor, and the music of course :awesome:

What was/is your favourite area?

Elysianist

Pro Adventurer
AKA
T, Zulo, Thomas
The train graveyard, didn't expect that one :o

@Soak, the Turks can be anywhere you want them to be ;)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I can't buck the trend; Midgar is an awesome place. Wouldn't want to live there, but it was iconic. My other favourite places are Kalm (mainly for that sense of otherness that you get by visiting somewhere outside of Midgar), Cosmo Canyon, Wutai, the Forgotten Capital and Icicle Inn.

Ely, you should have joined in with our FFVII playthrough, we've been answering questions like these and plenty more :)

Elysianist

Pro Adventurer
AKA
T, Zulo, Thomas
Where are you guys up to? I'm just about to head Cosmo Canyon but I'm also doing all the mini-quest-y type stuff like the battle square on disc 1 and all the Fort Condor missions :D

Elysianist

Pro Adventurer
AKA
T, Zulo, Thomas
hehe awesome, I've done everything on your checklist :D You can also go back to the Battle Square to get the Champion's Belt + Sprint Shoes at that point.
I also found out something a bit strange too; if you go back to the sun bed Hojo was on once you get the buggy you can rub lotion on a girl there XD

Splintered

unsavory tart
Oh man do I love Migdar. I've got a long ass write up somewhere in this forum, but it never fails to be amazing. Like, the atmosphere and the people and the music work so well together that I can't helped me immersed in it.

The other place I love is City of Ancients. And every place that leads to City of Ancients. It's all soaked up in mystery and stuff that the player never gets to understand, and the soundtrack there is perfect. I'm only there for like, a minute and it still sticks out in my head.

Arth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Arthquake
Midgar and the Forgotten Capital.I think that both of these cities were supposed to be the opposite of the other.Midgar,lively,high standard of technology with electricity but dark steppe landscape and no chance for nature around the area;Forgotten Capital,dead,no technology,old way of living (my interpretation of the medieval castle under the Capital),white landscape and nature around the area (Sleeping Forest and presumably the Ancient Forest).

Demona

Dominique Destine
AKA
Sizheng
I think it's easier for me to think of places that frustrated me, because I loved most of the places. But I admit to having an inordinate amount of enjoyment in running around beating the hell out of those crazy monsters in the Gelnika.

In short, anywhere that I didn't have to spend about five minutes fighting with the stupid controls and my horrible lack of dexterity. And can beat stuff up.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I love all the areas!! I can think of many reasons why I'd love many of them... Can't answer the question I'm afraid.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Hmm. Anybody remember ledge/cliff kind of thing just north of Kalm? I never understood why there was even a possibility to "climb" there, it was just empty space.

Back in the days, when nobody had never even heard of Internet we used to have this Final Fantasy Group. Just three small boys actually :) We put our heads together and tried to solve the mysteries around Final Fantasy 7. Especially I was obsessed with reviving Aeris. I always thought this one place had something to do with, well, something. I had heard from Tv -chatshow it was possible to revive her and there were many theories about it. I heard it was possible to revive her if you got LV 99 before reaching Kalm. I don't remember how this was supposed to change the actual events in the game (there were some), but I do remember how Cloud was supposed to come between Aeris and Sephiroth when he falled slowly from the sky to stab my Aeris. Everyone can remember this FMV and if this kind of change would be in it, BRUTAL!

So I have done some leveling on this very upper grassfield.

Oh those bitter tears.

Still like the place though.

Ghost X

^I figure you didn't succeed reaching lvl 99? Or if you did, you would have been sorely disappointed due to the rumours being BS :wacky:. It took me hours of grinding in that area just to level up enough so I could defeat the Midgar Zolom because I stupidly sold the chocobo lure in my first play through =p. The level I required to beat it wasn't that high, but it still took me forever. You'd have to have some sort of auto-function, leaving your console on for days on end battling away to reach 99 :P.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
^I figure you didn't succeed reaching lvl 99? Or if you did, you would have been sorely disappointed due to the rumours being BS :wacky:. It took me hours of grinding in that area just to level up enough so I could defeat the Midgar Zolom because I stupidly sold the chocobo lure in my first play through =p. The level I required to beat it wasn't that high, but it still took me forever. You'd have to have some sort of auto-function, leaving your console on for days on end battling away to reach 99 :P.

I never did it as I was occupied with other things at the time (like FFIX :P).
LV 72 was all I managed, after that - fuck it. There had been another similar rumour about just reaching the LV 99 before the end of Disc 1, so I changed the place of grinding after 70+ . In wutai area it was so much more faster, but in the end it was all pointless. Only thing missing was Ashton Kutcher shouting "You got Punk'd", though the show hadn't aired back then. 14 Years later I've pretty much given up on hope of restoring Aeris. Would've still been kinda cool to level up so much there, eventhough there is absolutely no sense in it.

Naruhodo

Rookie Adventurer
I won't count Midgar given what an obvious winner it is. On the other hand, picking out a 2nd favorite is incredibly difficult given they're all good contenders!

... Think I'll roll with Rocket Town just because I like the mountain view. And those are real mountains too, which amuses me.

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
The whole game. Maybe sans Wutai, just didn't tickle me as atmospherically as the rest.

tumblr_static_1371126533225.gif

No game has beat FFVII in terms of it's aural qualities.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Don Corneo's bedroom. :duhard:

I think the most aesthetically pleasing areas for me were the Forgotten Capital and Cosmo Canyon. Both are places that I’d actually want to see with my own eyes if virtual reality FF7 ever becomes an affordable option for me in my lifetime.

The most fun in terms of exploratory pleasure was Nibelheim. I liked peaking around the ShinRa Manor, digging in Tifa’s drawers, playing the piano, etc.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Rocket Town, why you ask? it's simple.

RocketTown.jpg

There is a huge ass rocket in the center of the town, how cool is that? would be a great talking point for any visitors to the town.

"hey what's with that huge rusting rocket"

Me:"Why else would this place be called rocket town?"

"touché"

(Actual conversation in my head)

Midgar_Zolom

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I remember my first play through in 1997...I was blown away by the whole Midgar section, both whilst playing and in retrospect. Even now, 17 years later (unbelievable right?) i get waves and waves of nostalgia from Midgar, more so than any other part. That being said, close contenders are Nibleheim, Cosmo Canyon and North Coral. Junon is pretty damn epic as well.

Top Bottom