FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Tips depend a lot on your background in games, but I'll just say this:

- Try not to keep skipping random fights, as you don't want to be at a low level against bosses.
- Don't miss out on the 'secret' characters. If you want to know how to get them without being spoiled, I'm sure one of us can tell you how.
- Be mindful of what you say to people in the game. It might seem inconsequential, but it actually can change certain things.
- A piece of advice I've heard before for other games is also true here....talk to everyone you see!

Have fun. To me, this is still the best game I've ever played.

D

Deleted member 13557

Tips depend a lot on your background in games, but I'll just say this:

- Try not to keep skipping random fights, as you don't want to be at a low level against bosses.
- Don't miss out on the 'secret' characters. If you want to know how to get them without being spoiled, I'm sure one of us can tell you how.
- Be mindful of what you say to people in the game. It might seem inconsequential, but it actually can change certain things.
- A piece of advice I've heard before for other games is also true here....talk to everyone you see!

Have fun. To me, this is still the best game I've ever played.
Thank you!

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
Idk i feel not using guides is what made the game one of my favorites. Yes you will miss a lot. Yes it will make the story more confusing. But i feel it made the game more challenging, more immersive, and makes the world feel bigger.

D

Deleted member 13557

Yessir. You can cast the All'd spell a number of times in one battle equal to the level of the All materia itself (the number of filled-in stars when you look at it in the materia screen). So with one star, you can cast one lightning spell to all targets in a given battle.
Oh, I see what you mean. Thanks!

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
Play the game with no guide. Then play it a second time again without a guide. Then play it a third time with a guide. Thats the way its meant to be played.
oh hey, thats what I did. a long-long time ago

got to the end of the 1st disc with no guide or any idea who Materia worked. I didn't actually finish the game until the "guide in my lap" 3rd play thru. but I did finish atleast....eventually

Top Bottom