FF6 Ultimania Scans

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
It's just FF6 I'm interested in for a moment.

Also, a couple questions on finer details, if someone can compare to the Japanese version? I just want to confirm a couple things are translated properly:

- Setzer and Darill are explicitly referred to as boyfriend and girlfriend.
- It says that Relm and Gungho came up with the Hidon scheme together, it wasn't just Gungho
- It says Gestahl sent Kefka to Thamasa to aid in the peace talks and it was Kefka who decided to massacre the espers
- The Crusader Magicite is an incarnation of the Warring Triad?

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
People who can actually read Japanese, feel free to correct me.
(1) the Japanese version says 親友の女性ダリル - which is like "close female friend Darill".
(2) ガンホーがヒドゥンに襲われてケガをしたというのは、じつはリルムの入れ知恵による演技。 "Gungho being attacked and injured by Hidon is actually an idea implanted through Relm's acting." // ふたりでひと芝居打った "the two performed a play"
(3) 「和解と見せかけて幻獣の力を手に入れよ」という皇帝の極秘命令を受け、サマサの村へ。"After receiving the Emperor's top secret order to feign reconciliation to get the power of the Espers, Kefka went to Thamasa."
(4) 三闘神の一柱 "One of the Warring Triad" -- the labels of two listed Triad are 女神 Megami "Goddess" (not to be confused with 神々 Kamigami "Gods"), and 魔神 Majin "Fiend".

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
If you're interested, here's the rest of the 25th Memorial Ultimania's (Japanese) FFVI pages.

And the FFVI World pages in the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania File 2: Scenario. Some relevant information: Page 170 (file 00172) has stuff about Crusader: 魔石ジハードには三闘神の力の一端が秘められており、召喚を発動させると、三闘神の姿が現れる。Something like "The Crusader Magicite holds a fragment of the power of the Warring Triad, and when its summoning is activated, the forms of the Warring Triad appear".

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ah yes that was stated in the Ultimania Archive too.

Crusader is(are) essentially are the Warring Triad in summon form. Pretty cool to know. Sorta explains why they hurt you as well.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Sorry to bump a topic and bug folks again, just one thing I could use if someone has it - a scan of the English Ultimania page where they mention Crusader is a fragment of the Warring Triad, presuming there IS an English Ultimania where they say so.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sorry to bump a topic and bug folks again, just one thing I could use if someone has it - a scan of the English Ultimania page where they mention Crusader is a fragment of the Warring Triad, presuming there IS an English Ultimania where they say so.
As far as officially affiliated English localizations go, there's only what @Odysseus posted.

Top Bottom