FF7 Remake Review Megathread

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Amazon used to let you reply to reviews. You can't anymore it seems? I think you used to also be able to rate us unhelpful (I could be wrong and thinking of another site).

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Amazon used to let you reply to reviews. You can't anymore it seems? I think you used to also be able to rate us unhelpful (I could be wrong and thinking of another site).

You can still comment but it looks like they removed the option to flag a review as "unhelpful". Only option you get beyond marking the review as "helpful" is to report it (which I did btw....and I encourage others to do the same).

As you can see, people are telling this person he's wrong but he continues to refuse to acknowledge it was mentioned multiple times and even says so on the back of the box.

B5RBLqE.png

Last edited:

Kalm

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Gigi
Does anyone feel there is A LOT of sexual tension between Cloud and Sephiroth? Their interactions look so fanserviced...
so many close whisperings on ear, the moment Seph grabbed Cloud's wrist, so gentle...

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I’m surprised, normally I like that guy’s videos, but this one was just unpleasant to watch. Besides just disagreeing with him on nearly every point he makes (assuming he’s sincere and not joking on them), I was also really put off by him describing Tifa’s character (OG and Remake) as being just “brain dead and pair of huge boobs”.

EDIT: Apparently it’s a relatively well known fact the guy just doesn’t like JRPGs in general. Surprised he’s trending on Twitter.

Last edited:

snatchr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Snatchr
Honestly his reviews are never all that good. It's either dialogue taken out of context, playing the game badly on purpose or misrepresenting entire scenes, unless its mario :^) (Did he really show the staircase scene as an example of monotonous gameplay? Bruh)

Better when he just sticks to bein a funnyman.

billy22

Pro Adventurer
He makes jokes but takes liberty with how accurate he is with the content. That's his schtick. From the plate falling part to the end of the video was hilarious. And a chunk of that bit mimicked how I felt at least.

I'm sure some of that is how he really felt. However he was positive about the original FFVII throughout the video and critical of the Remake, only for his conclusion to be 'but the two are about equal, because the Remake doesn't have random encounters.'

Which contradicts almost the entire video, making it another aspect I found funny.

Reactions: Wol

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
He purposely makes his reviews like that. Very close to a satire, exaggeration and specially playing with what people are gonna be mad about. But he always made extremely clear the type of player he is, and that his reviews are always 100% his opinion.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Found it to be really funny overall, and man... that line Cloud says during Jessie's death is so stupid and cringy.

"You still owe me a pizza"

Lol

Top Bottom