FF7 - The Web Series - Now on Kickstarter

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Well hey-ho, you learn something new every day :monster:

I wonder where that $30,000 figure came from? Was it the side of the project? I'm really curious now.

The figure was just made up for reasons best known to the person who did it.

Other than the initial money to create the trailer, money plugged into Facebook advertising campaigns, personally-paid expenses such as the website domain, me travelling to Luton, setting up the LLC, individuals buying equipment, (I assume) obtaining the 3rd party music rights, and a few other bits and bobs, nothing has been spent. It's all just promises.

The total cost to date is somewhere in the region of of $2,000-$2,500.

Pixel

The Pixie King
It seems strange, because I would actually have more confidence in their ability to spend the money wisely without the exaggerated claim. £30,000 is just plain excessive for something, which in retrospect is quite flawed.

A good crew of people who understand filming techniques will help this though.

I think i've spent about 1000 on OTWTAS over the years... probably more tbh. Should have done a kickstarter for that :P

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
It seems strange, because I would actually have more confidence in their ability to spend the money wisely without the exaggerated claim. £30,000 is just plain excessive for something, which in retrospect is quite flawed.

The problem has never been the talent.

A good crew of people who understand filming techniques will help this though.

I have been saying this since day one, even more so after certain things came to light, but Team 2X were the first people brought on who actually had any experience on something like this.

I think i've spent about 1000 on OTWTAS over the years... probably more tbh. Should have done a kickstarter for that :P

Wow, I didn't realise that. Crikey

Lex

Administrator
Got issued with a C&D. SE is being bargained with as we speak.

EDIT: To clarify, it's just the Kickstarter that's being asked to be taken down, but I don't really see the difference to be honest. They've been clear that the project itself infringes on copyright.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Hell, maybe this was the plan all along. The only way they're getting financed like they want to be is if they convince SE itself to chip in or get their permission to do this so they can rely on advertisers.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Right now I'm just curious if they're planning to do a smaller project in case this doesn't push through. Problems with SE aside, it doesn't look like they're going to generate the amount they're asking for.

Lex

Administrator
Well due to my previous public display of (dis)affection, I think I've been cast out of the inner circle that is Google's pyramid-mail. I'm afraid I don't actually have any inside knowledge on this one, other than what they post on the staff groups.

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Hell, maybe this was the plan all along. The only way they're getting financed like they want to be is if they convince SE itself to chip in or get their permission to do this so they can rely on advertisers.

It was. I wrote a detailed letter back in March that was sent recorded delivery to SE Europe and SE North America. There was a positive response from the European end but only from a PR manager who notified us that it was being passed up the chain. Despite what misinformation has been given out, that (until now) was the ONLY interaction the production had with SE. It was always a potential outcome that the first real correspondence would come after SE had ordered the fundraiser to be shut down. Those familiar with the Balance and Ruin OCRemix album situation may understand why we considered doing things that way, but only as a last resort. I'm still unsure if the inclusion of original game footage and completely-unrelated footage of Sakaguchi (used only as an almost-wholly-dishonest marketing ploy), a major red flag I hope you'll all agree, was due to a serious lack of judgement by the producer or a very clever way of getting SE's attention. I would bet heavily on it being the former.

Right now I'm just curious if they're planning to do a smaller project in case this doesn't push through. Problems with SE aside, it doesn't look like they're going to generate the amount they're asking for.

It was an all-or-bust project. Many individuals used it to promote themselves, and rightfully so, but there isn't an alternative.

Well due to my previous public display of (dis)affection, I think I've been cast out of the inner circle that is Google's pyramid-mail. I'm afraid I don't actually have any inside knowledge on this one, other than what they post on the staff groups.

Wow, who saw that coming? Power-hungry individuals shutting out those who justifiably question their ridiculous methods? It really is a pity that most positions of influence went to those who had been there longest rather than those who deserved it.

Send Hito and I the 20,000 and we'll make something awesome :P

If only....

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
With SE's laxing of their copyright enforcement in the past half decade or so, I'm inclined to believe SE's fine with fan projects, until they start to make money (or try to) off of it. Organizing a fund raiser seems like an attempt to make money, I'd say.

Top Bottom