• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII CHARACTER SMACKDOWN, ^$#& YEAH!!!

Which campaign should we play first?

• The Goodies

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • The Neutrals

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • The Baddies

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
I've thought on it, and I don't personally think that players should be able to vote in rounds that they've participated in. :monster:

While there are a select few that may vote fairly and not just for their own team, you are correct in assuming that most would do so and that may tip the balance unfairly in instances where the teams don't have the same number of players.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Heads up!

As luck would have it, the most active participants of last round have all been put on the same team this time. If the opposite side is too quiet/doesn’t have enough folks posting (lets say only 2 of the 5 team members are posting regularly) in the first 36 hours of the match, I’ll be joining that team and just refuse to spectate afterwards. Y’all will just have to trust me to play fair, yeah??

Thank you!

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Fuck me, I have to argue against B, Sab, Minato AND Lic?

giphy.gif

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
What do we think of the 72 hour long match?

In all honesty, I thought it started to drag a bit towards the end. So, preferably, I’d like to either revert back to 48 hours or meet in the middle with 60. There was something about the 72 hour mark that was just a smidge too long. Mayhaps it had to do with the champions as well. Arguing for a rock has surprisingly been one of the most exhausting experiences of my life (despite how little I posted lol).

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^Right this is where my concern mostly lies. I'd hate for this to drag out to the point where folks get bored and don't want to bother anymore. I think it might be easier to stay engaged/competitive when the window to win is smaller? Cuz it's boom, boom boom and the same points aren't being so recycled. Might run a trial of the 60 hour window because I do want folks to get to chance to be involved (which is the whole issue). But if that seems to drag, too, I think we're just gonna have to go back to the 48 hour models and folks will have to do the best that they can to contribute despite the smaller window.

Also, I don't think these matches can afford the absence of players again. I don't want to feel obligated to step in and 'play' in round 3 (even though it was fun stepping in 2). So if a player is silent during a round, I'll personally try to reach out to them during the 'spectator voting period'. If they say they're still in, I'll reroll them for another game. If they don't get back to before a round 'officially' starts (with a team player making an argument), I'll take them out of the pool. If they say they're still in but cannot make it to another round (that is, they make two offences in total), I'll remove them from the pool anyway.

Again, no hard feelings, but the players truly make the game. It only works when people are posting.

Thanks!

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Possibly putting more pressure on you here than there needs to be but how about a pm is sent to folk who have opted in but not posted after 24 hours?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^I've considered it, but worry it might be too naggy? :P Cuz if they've opted in and the match has started, it's already too late to reroll teams anyway, ya know? And I dunno if a pm would make much of a difference.

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
I concur with sticking to 48 hours. Part of the fun of the game is that it works better when accelerated by a sense of urgency.

I don't think that you should bother trialling the 60 hours because even 12 hours before the deadline it was already dragging plenty.

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Alright let’s give 48 hrs a try again. It just snuck up on me there and I only got one post in :okay:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Aww, regardless I would say that post shook up the game cuz it sort of tipped off the whole, “The Chocobodriver is a misogynist!” angle that swayed me cuz I felt morally conflicted LOL

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
This is about who would win in a fight, how good a person they are ain't got nothing to do with it, judge!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
And in that round Luxiere was the clear winner.

Although tbh for two rounds I thought we were fighting who was the best overall character not who wound win in a fight xD

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Haha, I love this question!

In my mind, I've been imagining this whole game as a forum adaptation of a typical video game beat'em up. These two characters are selected by some omnipotent being (traditionally 'you, the player' but in this case, me and a randomizer app) and put into some random place against another. They didn't choose to live under these circumstances. All they know is, to get out of them, if only for a time, they have to knock the other opponent out. It's all they know. It's all a bit tragic really!!!!

But it's funny that the idea of fighting has been brought up because, though I have clearly stated these characters are involved in 'fights', I wonder if all of them need to be won by strength, ya know? I've wondered if anyone was gonna try to argue that one character would taunt the other in submission after giving some convincing backstory as to why the losing champion has such little confidence or why a specific taunt would work. Or mayhaps one champ would seduce the other! Could Cloud's mum have won had she lulled the Time Guardian into a false sense of security by showing it the kind of affections that is had never known? Like, 'Wow, Mrs Strife! You know, in all these centuries, you're the first one to ask me how my day has gone and whether or not I'm hungry. Oh, and you're the first to care enough to scold me for stinking up the place having gone a near millenia without showering. Is...is that a pot roast you're preparing for me? I'm not even sure if I have the organs to digest this but.... *does the magic time rock equivalent of crying*... thank you. "

WHO KNOWS!

It's gonna be interesting to see how the rest of the rounds turn out though, hahaha.

Last edited:

InterfaceLeader

Pro Adventurer
I would love to be involved in this, but I can't commit except at the weekend ;_; is there anyway I can volunteer for weekend only matches!?

I'm going away with the school on Thursday and I'll be gone until the end of the following Monday, so I'll only be able to drop into the debate from time to time.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I would love to be involved in this, but I can't commit except at the weekend ;_; is there anyway I can volunteer for weekend only matches!?

Absolutely! If there's a match set to happen around Friday or Saturday (since it usually takes around half a day for the ball to get rolling after the initial Battle Post is made), I'll go ahead and roll you into a team if that's fine? I'm excited to have you on board!! Oi! To be clear, this is as a team player, yes?

I'm going away with the school on Thursday and I'll be gone until the end of the following Monday, so I'll only be able to drop into the debate from time to time.

Thanks for letting me know! To be clear, you want to remain a team player and rolled into teams? Alternatively, I could take you out on a Thursday and roll you in to play any match that starts after that following Monday, and you wouldn't have to worry about ''signing up' again.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I think the tournament must have been set up so the time lords could eliminate each other. There's been one in every match so far.

Top Bottom