FFVII download on PS3

Has anyone played FFVII by downloading it on the PS3 from the Sony catalogue? Does it work? Is it the same as the original game?
Many thanks.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yes, it is :monster:

You can even use your old saves from your PSone version on it.

Does anyone know how big the file is if you get it on your PSP? I have a friend who wanted to get it but he doesn't have a lot of memory card space left.

Sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Diamond Weapon
If you download Final Fantasy VII on the PS3, those the sound effect will be a better quality or it will be the same?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It means that not all the sound effects or instruments are replicated the exact same way they were on the PS1, since the PS3 obviously has different hardware and it's only emulating a PS1. So some sounds or pieces of music will sound slightly different than before, and sometimes it makes things sound a little bit worse imo.

Overall though, it does sound almost the exact same with minor differences.

Sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Diamond Weapon
It means that not all the sound effects or instruments are replicated the exact same way they were on the PS1, since the PS3 obviously has different hardware and it's only emulating a PS1. So some sounds or pieces of music will sound slightly different than before, and sometimes it makes things sound a little bit worse imo.

Overall though, it does sound almost the exact same with minor differences.
Oh okay, what about the graphics? Does it looks worse than in PS1 or just look simply the same? I mean if you play Final Fantasy VII on PS3 with a LCD or plasma tv, does the graphics looks affected by the size of the TV? You know like lots of squares?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Graphics are the same. The PS3 has a smoothing option for PS1 games which I suggest should always be turned on on HDTVs because they'll look incredibly grainy otherwise...

Nanaki2

Travelin' Wonder
AKA
Indy
I recently downloaded it on my PS3 and uploaded on my PSP as well for my nephew's. I still own the PS1 version, though. It give sme something to do while I am on break at work or coming home.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Did they fix the limit break sound? I have my PSX disc's and the sound for the limit break sounds all...nasty >.<

TragicPumpkin

Pumpkin King
AKA
Vistillian Visty
i haven't played far in the PS3 dl version. but from what i can tell its basically the same. i was hoping for analog capabilities. but i wasn't going to hold my breath.

If you want a new FF7 experience then you should get the PC version. ive seen some pretty sick mods that change sound effects, music, even the character models.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
I've downloaded this a while back and forgot about this post. Yes the sounds have been fixed (especially the one I complained about with the limit break, as amazing as it is)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
All I really care about are the grammatical errors. That guy are better still be sick! :wacky:

Smaddy

Green Mage
If you want a new FF7 experience then you should get the PC version. ive seen some pretty sick mods that change sound effects, music, even the character models.
The updated patches to the PC version are interesting. I've seen a few YouTube videos of that kind of thing.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I've seen those videos too and honestly I like the original character models better. Something about the animation of the custom mods just seems wrong to me. Do look better than straight up lego people though.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I like the look of replacing the battle models with the in game ones. Sure they aren't really in proportion with NPC's/the environment, but it still look pretty good. :)

Last edited:

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Actaully people have made custom replacements for the NPC's too, so that they all match, I played it awhile ago with one of these patches and it looks much better IMO.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Actaully people have made custom replacements for the NPC's too, so that they all match, I played it awhile ago with one of these patches and it looks much better IMO.

That sounds better! Must of taken a while to do though, right? Seems like one hell of a job.

You mean those where the characters look more like drawings than lego people?

Are you talking about a youtube video of a game mod? All the ones I've seen seem to just swap the field models with the battle ones. Is that what you meant?

Top Bottom