• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII "Fan Creations" You Dream of Making But Probably Won't

Some of us will have played around with the idea of maybe...

- writing an FFVII-based fanfic
- making a music video with clips from FFVII
- modding the original game (or maybe even a Compilation title?)
- remixing a familiar music theme
- writing and publishing analytical articles covering anything from large themes to minor details in the Compilation (I have a dozen of these that I'll probably never get around to)

...but we never actually get around to it for a variety of reasons. What is your "dream creation" that you haven't made? Maybe you've completely given up or maybe you want to see if some backing/support from fellow fans in this thread could get you going. (Advice on how to make this into less of a "bummer" thread is appreciated)

Music Video: Tenacious D "Beelzeboss" showdown meets FFVII.

Sephiroth - Beelzeboss
Zack - Jack Black (Jables, JB)
Cloud - Kyle Gass (Kage)

Showdown clip from "Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny"

SO many scenes and editing choices are already finished in my head even without having tried to start this ambitious idea by opening a project in Sony Vegas. I know what scenes to use for Beelzeboss's riff (hint: Sephiroth's Super Nova attack), the mention of "gargling mayonnaise", the part about Jables deactivating lasers with his dick etc. That last one is very obvious: Zack's "OH YEAH" pose after he says that he and Cloud are both backwater experts.

B4GbpTY.png

I admit that the final result would never be as awesome as it is in my head, so... Yeeeeeaaaah I won't be making this one. :P

Pixel

The Pixie King
lol the story of my life. Stuff I've either started or wanted to do, but it wouldnt turn out how I wanted. Or I could never get an audience for it :P

FF7 Retrospective series
OTWTAS animated movie

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Final Fantasy 7 characters acting out "Frozen". I was thinking Sephiroth would be "Elsa" and Aerith would be "Anna".

I was also wondering why no hasn't done a Sephiroth based AMV set to "Let It Go".

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
An AMV with the song "Brothers" featuring Zack (Oliver Hartmann) and Cloud (Tobias Sammet) ^^;

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
TURK WEBCOMIC.

And lots of other FFVII related fan art.

And there's also the FFVII cookbook project.

The reason is mainly lack of confidence and skill. I definitely would love to collaborate for projects, but even with enough people/ funds I just don't think I've reached the point where my art is worth all the investment.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
SO MANY fanarts I've wanted to make ;A; I recently made a Tifa pixel and I planned to make an Aerith one to complete it but I never did.

wait_by_celestia_ludenberg-d6rqha1.png

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
And there's also the FFVII cookbook project.

Seeing this and the cake you posted reminded me that I had a cake project of my own planned. It was going to be a Shinra themed one with the executives sat around the boardroom table (the cake being the table here). I only managed to make President Shinra's hand holding a cigar before I lost my workspace in the kitchen and subsequently lost interest.

This is probably something I'll return to once I have the kitchen to myself. But what I really need to do is practice my icing skills.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Lots of fanfiction and fanart have been started and never finished, mostly because I'm a terrible fiction writer and I'm too lazy to finish any of my fanart resulting in a lot of rough doodles on the computer.

What I've really wanted to do is learn to do some video editing and post some visual essays in the vein of Gametrailer's retrospectives or Satchel's Bag's videogame discussions. I'd love to post one on a defense of Barret (and Lightning for a non FFVII one), or what Crisis Core did right and wrong.

Hell, I'd love it if we managed to convert one of our essays to video format for a wider audience. I think Mog and Force's articles would be interesting and people who are tl;dr would get a lot out of it. A'las. Laziness and lack of skill.

TURK WEBCOMIC.

I so long for this.

Since I believe in dreaming big, I dream of being hired by SE to write the final entry in the Compilation, one which would include as a side quest Tifa's "Mythril Chef" TV cookery show, would have Rufus reinventing Shinra as a pharmaceutical company (after their success with the Nibel bear-tail nostrum for Geostigma) and would have Lucretia as the ultimate Big Bad. It would also unlock areas of the planet hitherto never visted.

This, obviously, will never happen.

I so long for this.

Since I believe in dreaming big, I dream of being hired by SE to write the final entry in the Compilation, one which would include as a side quest Tifa's "Mythril Chef" TV cookery show
I now imagine this as a competitive cooking show. One level/game per opponent.

Opponent #1 - Christopher (see Christopher from the Northern Crater)
Opponent #2 - Tonberry (because of the chef's knife)
Opponent #3 - Former Wall Market Cook
Opponent #4 - Master Tonberry
Opponent #5 - Goblin Chef (from Goblin Island, naturally)

Equip Tifa's "God Hand" weapon to acquire the highest chopping dexterity.

SURPRISE FINAL CONTESTANT (if the game takes place a decent number of years after Dirge of Cerberus)!
Opponent #6 - Marlene

Let the battle between young and younger commence.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
^
There will be multiple portions in the game where Cloud returns with the wrong ingredients after being sent for errands. The player then (as Tifa) must come up quickly with a dish using whatever Cloud brought. The mission fails if Tifa's new creation fails to appease a certain number of customers or is deemed inedible.

There will also be an unlockable mini-game where the player must control Cloud to acquire rare ingredients for Tifa. Items can be obtained by fighting monsters in the wastelands or doing difficult missions for other NPCs (e.g. crossdressing).

Come on TLS why aren't we doing this yet

I think it would be cool if at one point Cloud had to infiltrate a costume party by pretending to be Rufus, who is being held captive back at Shinra HQ by Avalanche. The costume Rufus had planned to wear? Shiva. Elena is also there dressed as Shiva; she's a decoy. It would be a French farce dungeon with the Turks chasing Cloud (and sometimes, by mistake, Elena) in and out of various doors and vice versa.

I love the idea of Cloud coming back with the wrong ingredients.

Lex

Administrator
Guys, we should actually think about mobilising and doing some of these things. Splintered's suggestions in particular.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
For years I wanted to write a massive fiction series based on VII, then I came across Oh No Not Another Final Fantasy VII Webpage ... which was all kinds of awesome, so I never got around to it.

That, and as Splintered said, video articles and discussions. But yeah, never got around to it.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I was thinking about the $50,000 we raised for the web series and what we might do with that kind of support but no legal access to character names, but with rights to the music, which we have, and then I thought of commissioning a new orchestrated FFVII album of songs that don't get enough love, like Great Warrior, Cid's Theme, etc.

I wonder if Arnie Roth would be down for that. I really just want it done, I don't care who does it.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I always wanted to explore what would have happened if DG had been shipped to the North Cave after the barrier was knocked down (and no, saying they'd all disappear because you dislike the game they're in is not a valid response). Would the monsters of the cave fight or try hide? How would Sephy deal with a full scale invasion?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Sephiroth and his monsters would take them head on, Holy would probably be released.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Were they 'his' monsters, though, or just native to the cave? He does send a bunch to flush them towards him at the very end, but I don't know if he has control over them all. Jenova can influence things that contain her cells, but I doubt she's injected into every monster in the crater.

Normal wildlife avoids large groups of humans, so they might just let the armies pass. Or not.

A 'Hojo versus Vincent' music video, using Joker's Song by Miracle of Sound.

The lyrics do not perfectly fit (in most places they are rather unfitting) the Vincent-Hojo dynamic, but you could stretch them well enough in combination with Dirge of Cerberus footage to create something really wonderful. Just the madness of the Joker compared to the madness of Hojo is enough to sell the idea in my head. Heck I even imagine you could use the final fight with Hojo from OG, manipulate the game so that only Vincent is fighting Hojo, and get some great footage there for use in a music video like this.

"Just his cape and his cave and his...meow."

That part is not hard to stretch. :monster:

Pixel

The Pixie King
A 'Hojo versus Vincent' music video, using Joker's Song by Miracle of Sound.

The lyrics do not perfectly fit the Vincent-Hojo dynamic, but you could stretch them well enough in combination with Dirge of Cerberus footage to create something really wonderful. Heck I even imagine you could use the final fight with Hojo from OG, manipulate the game so that only Vincent is fighting Hojo, and get some great footage there for use in a music video like this.

"Just his cape and his cave and his...meow."

That part is not hard to stretch. :monster:

If you write it, I can probably make it happen

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Aerith returns: Final Fantasy VII. A total ripoff of Lightning returns xD Wouldn't get the time to finish it, and it wouldn't make much sense :p

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I actually had a weirder one in mind xD

After the events of DoC, the world was thrown into chaos (the negative lifestream), reviving the souls that couldn't quite digest in it, resulting in Jenova using it to destroy the world. Aeris is revived by a new "God", with the mission of saving the souls (and all that Lightning crap). I actually started working on it a few months ago, and gave up with it:

Top Bottom