FFVII FAN MADE ANIMATION

LeeKD93

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Lee

Hey guys! For all you FFVII fans I got something really cool to share with you. A good pal of mine worked real hard on a fan made animation using assets from Remake as well as recreating his own build of Kalm. The project took a lot of hard work, blood, sweat, and tears but the final product was nothing short of amazing. I myself got to contribute by lending my voice to Red XIII… as well as my cat Nanaki (yes I have a cat named Nanaki haha) lending his meows for a background cat in the town haha.

If you awesome fans of FFVII could please check this out it would mean the world to all those involved. Many talented individuals lent their voices to this project, and one man did some amazing covers of the classic soundtrack… but the man behind Chase Summers Animation really was the one to make this happen. He directed, animated, edited, produced, and managed this entire project by himself so… if you guys want to support a SUPER dedicated fan please go watch it!

Watching, liking, commenting, subscribing, and of course sharing would really help this talented guy out and of course open the door to more projects!

Thank you each and every one of you awesome people for checking this out :)

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I think you generally needed to post this only in one subforum, it’s currently in like five of them :O

That said, I can always appreciate fan works coming from passion, and making even ten minutes of animation like this is a huge amount of work. Hell, I think even one minute is pretty difficult for anyone that’s not a studio. I liked the incorporation of the party members not usually in Kalm, they were added in a fun way that didn’t obstruct the party’s normal structure during that time. Every character was also given a decent amount of attention, it was enjoyable to watch. The voice actors clearly also enjoyed themselves when working on this, I can tell a lot of heart went into it!

The Kalm model’s a mixed bag; the amount that was modeled is also impressive - all the pipe work and details in the town structure were well done. The issue with the models is that they still look like basic primitives of the shapes they’re supposed to represent - the wood doesn’t have any facets or variation to give it proper texture, the stone can arbitrarily cut off at times and doesn’t feel incorporated into the buildings properly, etc.

The models themselves could also utilize PBR materials a little more thoroughly, since that’s what Remake itself uses. The Kalm in the original game also seems to be more colorful. I make 3D models a lot, so I guess my eye’s a bit more critical when it comes to 3D. At the same time, the scope of what was modeled was still pretty expansive. The techniques used just seem a bit dated, is all!

Still, it’s a very nice fan work! I gave it a like, and I’ll look forward to any future things they do.

LeeKD93

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Lee
Hiya - I deleted the other threads. Please only post things like this in one place. Thanks for sharing though!
My bad haha I’m just tryna get the word out there! Thank you for leaving this one up!

LeeKD93

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Lee
I think you generally needed to post this only in one subforum, it’s currently in like five of them :O

That said, I can always appreciate fan works coming from passion, and making even ten minutes of animation like this is a huge amount of work. Hell, I think even one minute is pretty difficult for anyone that’s not a studio. I liked the incorporation of the party members not usually in Kalm, they were added in a fun way that didn’t obstruct the party’s normal structure during that time. Every character was also given a decent amount of attention, it was enjoyable to watch. The voice actors clearly also enjoyed themselves when working on this, I can tell a lot of heart went into it!

The Kalm model’s a mixed bag; the amount that was modeled is also impressive - all the pipe work and details in the town structure were well done. The issue with the models is that they still look like basic primitives of the shapes they’re supposed to represent - the wood doesn’t have any facets or variation to give it proper texture, the stone can arbitrarily cut off at times and doesn’t feel incorporated into the buildings properly, etc.

The models themselves could also utilize PBR materials a little more thoroughly, since that’s what Remake itself uses. The Kalm in the original game also seems to be more colorful. I make 3D models a lot, so I guess my eye’s a bit more critical when it comes to 3D. At the same time, the scope of what was modeled was still pretty expansive. The techniques used just seem a bit dated, is all!

Still, it’s a very nice fan work! I gave it a like, and I’ll look forward to any future things they do.
Yea in hindsight I went a bit overboard on the posting haha I just wanted to get the word out. Thank you for your constructive criticism and words of appreciation! I’ll be sure to let the the main man himself know haha

chasesummers

chasesummers
First of all thank you and everyone else here who took their time to check out my video, and thanks again to Lee for uploading it here, really appreciate it.

I also appreciate the feedback and criticism. I've been doing 3D art (and everything else in between) for a little less than a year I believe, so I know I've got quite a lot of catching up to do ^_^ Plus, upgrading my PC.

Hope to continue improving and I thank you and everyone else again for checking it out! Means a lot :)

Top Bottom