FFVII Models in .OBJ Format?

kuro

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kuroshu / Kuroato
Hello all,
I was just curious if anyone knows where i can find some FFVII Stage / Level Models in .OBJ Format?

here is a good example of what i mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enXx-5c2cVA

Google Sketch up allows export to .obj but only after you pay $495

if anyone has any other free alternatives let me know... if not i guess i could look into building it myself

this is for a new up'n coming fan-game project im working on

Xpelair

Pro Adventurer
Hmm... Have you tried Blender yet? As long as you have Python installed correctly you shouldn't have any problem importing/exporting obj file format. Just make sure you have the latest Version of Python and Blender.

E: Oh yeah. I forgot to mention its free as well. :neom:

Last edited:

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
Milkshape 3d is a great programe(thats what I use for animateing models and stuff) it lets you export to .obj and more but its not free its cheaper than google sketch. if you really want google sketch up you could always pirate it but you know thats illegal :/ .

kuro

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kuroshu / Kuroato
Hmm... Have you tried Blender yet? As long as you have Python installed correctly you shouldn't have any problem importing/exporting obj file format. Just make sure you have the latest Version of Python and Blender.

E: Oh yeah. I forgot to mention its free as well. :neom:

cool! i use to use Softimage XSI when i use to do modeling, and animation back in college, i may just use that as i have full working license for it.

Softimage XSI was used to build games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, and others... hopefully i haven't lost my touch lol!

Thx guys for the suggestions, will def consider it if Softimage XSI does not work for me for any reason.

I was hoping to get some leads on where to find free available ff7 models, but o well, seems i'll have to build it.

Top Bottom