FFVII Speed Run in 2:26:09

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I think running through an art gallery might be a better analogy, or in the case of glitch runs, taking the lift.
To me the speed videos themselves are just referential material like an essay citation. I just watch the last minute to see what lvl they were at, and presume someone else has vetted the content of the full thing to make sure there is nothing missing. I don't believe anyone here has seriously sat through even two hours of a speedrun.

With that said, I wonder what is the fastest real world time of a playthrough?

Ive sat through quite a few of Cosmo's Windwaker speed runs, which average around the 4 hour mark :monster:

*To be fair it was a learning process for me as I also speed run Windwaker.*

Lex

Administrator
^Puts hand up multiple times

I've sat through far more than 2 hours of a speedrun numerous times. In the past week alone I've watched two Mass Effect 3 speedruns (3 and a half hours each) and a Mass Effect 2 speedrun (roughly the same length of time).

I mentioned above the guy doing the FFVII single segment run? That was live streamed and in real time on twitch. Something like 8 hours and 20 minutes. I've watched him live quite a few times, its less boring than watching a recorded video because when people stream they actually interact with the audience in the chat.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I don't believe anyone here has seriously sat through even two hours of a speedrun.
I believe you are seriously underestimating us :P

I watch speed runs pretty often, often of two hours or more. I don't usually watch them in one sitting, though; I'll put one on when I'm going to bed, then resume the next day from the point I fell at which I fell asleep.

I actually think my housemate watches other people playing video games more than he plays video games himself. And he plays a lot.

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Wouldn't it just be like watching your favorite film on high speed over and over again?
I watch streams a lot, but generally to absorb the atmosphere.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I watch tool-assisted speedruns all the time because I'm fascinated by some of the glitches they uncover. I may not be typical, though :monster:

Lex

Administrator
It's 7:48 by a guy called KartSeven (single segment run). For a little while it was a guy on Twitch called CarNage64 that I followed for a while.

Here's the run.

I've watched the whole thing, it's really quite good. Up until now the World Record changed every now and then but no one's beaten this yet :D. I've watched some of this guy's runs, he's pretty cool.

Top Bottom