Final Fantasy II - Mysidian Library Information (Spoilers?)

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I guess it's fair to title this with a 'spoilers' warning, just in case. *shrugs* :P

Anyhow - in Final Fantasy II there is information in the Mysidian Library about Palamecia. What I want to know is - if it's specific.

It says, in the one source I could find, that an Emperor of Palamecia made a boast regarding his castle and challenged men of the world to reach his daughter, kept in a high tower.

One man bested his challenge, leaving the emperor's ego sorely bruised. This is said to be where future emperors gained their love of conquest.

So - does anyone know if it's indeed Mateus, or if it's one of his predecessors that did this? I've not been able to come across anything concrete.

My one source (should that be shame, due to the nature of such?) is the Final Fantasy Wikia(pedia).

Thanks ahead of time, guys. :)

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
No, it's definitely not Mateus. I remember that line, because it specifies that one specific incident was responsible for the subsequent Emperors over time thirst for conquest, not Mateus, and not even necessarily his father or whatever. Just some Emperor way back when.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
No, it's definitely not Mateus. I remember that line, because it specifies that one specific incident was responsible for the subsequent Emperors over time thirst for conquest, not Mateus, and not even necessarily his father or whatever. Just some Emperor way back when.

It also sounds like Palamecia is a lot like Rome - but I'm digressing my own thread on this.

Thank you. There are some people who are adamant that Mateus is the one that story is talking about.

Mateus seems to just be an egomaniac, not someone with a bruised ego. From the little I've read up on him thus far.

Oh I could go on with my pseudo-psychology... :P

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL, I like it when the articles are well written and stuff. :monster:

When they're good, they're good, and very helpful. ^^

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Am I the only one here -- other than Drake, obviously -- who likes the FF Wiki? :awesome:

I like it! I just am not sure if the FF Wiki is a good one, knowing how the regular Wikipedia can be very erroneous place at times. If it's true and to the point, I will not consider it a shame to use it! The thing is: I just don't know.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, Wikipedia itself is actually pretty damn good, to tell you the truth. Sure, for the first couple of years it was on the scene, it was as reliable on most topics as the drunk guy at the bar is on politics, but then the verification policy was put in place. As well, there are dedicated editors constantly checking the most recent updates for douchebaggery.

Hell, they even banned the U.S. Congress for being dumbfucks.

Long story short: Any article is only as good as its references, and any good article will provide them.

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer

I'm trying to remember exactly what that line said but I'm..too lazy to find it. I remembered it was vague. Did it really mention in any place about it being a long time ago or anything?

If I have time I'll try to dig up an old save from my GBA.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Well, Wikipedia itself is actually pretty damn good, to tell you the truth. Sure, for the first couple of years it was on the scene, it was as reliable on most topics as the drunk guy at the bar is on politics, but then the verification policy was put in place. As well, there are dedicated editors constantly checking the most recent updates for douchebaggery.

Hell, they even banned the U.S. Congress for being dumbfucks.

Long story short: Any article is only as good as its references, and any good article will provide them.

Thank you. :)

And anything that bans our congress is a-okay by me! :awesome:

Seriously, though, thank you.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
This is something being brought up at the Wiki lately, overly obscure or vague information in articles, like say, stuff exclusive to the ultimania or interviews. We *do* have sources in articles, but very sparingly, and IMO, not as much as we should.

Top Bottom