Final Fantasy IX: The Animated Series?

kathy202

Pro Adventurer
I feel a little skeptical about this. Not that it won't be done well, but more like I'll probably never enjoy it as much as the game itself, which to me is the perfect game for its time. The late PS1 era with just the right technology to give it that picture book fantasy feel without being too ambitiously realistic in it's graphics nor too... Blocky? Idk man, I can't imagine how I'll enjoy any other way of telling this story.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
When I first heard about this a couple days ago I about almost shat my pants from sudden excitement. Although I do feel a bit iffy about this, but my general feeling is pure elation, like I'm a kid again. Basically, I have high hopes but low expectations, if that even makes sense. I just want to feel the 'magic' of FFIX again.

What language is this going to be? Will this be in Japanese? If so, I hope Romi Park voices Zidane again. I've been fixating on her lately for some reason that I even rewatched FMA:B and all seasons of AOT (been kinda hoarding Hange arts in my PC because of her) just recently. The other voice in my head tells me it's just a phase. Anyway, I'm really excited for this FFIX anime.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Interesting. perhaps this studio could do a better FF9 :monster:
AliveCourteousGrasshopper-max-1mb.gif

But I don't necessarily disagree...
I can't wait to see Beatrix again.
Down boy, down!

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I don't know how to feel honestly. On one hand I'm like yay and on another I read that it going to be aimed at kids to early teens. It makes me feel like they'll tone down some of the darker elements.

Reactions: Ite

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I might be in the minority, but I can see FF9 working well as a kid-friendly story in the way something like The Velveteen Rabbit is meant for children.

It really depends on what approach they take when assessing what is "appropriate for kids." I'm fine with a simplification of the lore and themes, and maybe getting rid of plot points that aren't necessary to convey the message. I'm less thrilled about things like sanitization of the game's identity. In terms of characterization for example - Zidane can easily be portrayed as a really obnoxious lead in the wrong hands.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
I mean, if they just follow the story of the game itself, then

Final Fantasy 9 is already kind of a type of animated series... of gameplay chapters, right? This seems better-suited to becoming an animated series than Castlevania 3 ever was. And with the shadow of CV looming over it, it's gonna have to be good, or it won't last 2 seasons. The bar has been set pretty high.

If SE invests properly in it and makes sure they do it right, then yeah, I would totally watch this. Looking forward to hearing more info about this.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'm honesty not sure if I'm excited or anxious over how this is gonna be handled.

Reactions: Ite

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Doubt anything will be made public at this point tbh

Was probably just shown to potential licensees.

Top Bottom