Final Fantasy Radio

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Maybe you guys have heard of this, maybe not.

http://www.rgonotsayz.com/video/index.php

I stumbled upon this while using our Twitter, and I liked what I found; a live stream Final Fantasy/Squaresoft radio site. These guys have over 9,000 tracks from what I assume is damn near every Square game ever made, including remixes.

It's easy to use, it jacks right into whatever program you use to listen to music, and you can make requests, and he's really good about seeing them through. Apparently they do live TV streams, and I talked to the owner guy, and they mentioned us a few times!?

Personal recommendation from Mog. If you're in the mood for some Squaresoft RPG easy listening, check out this site. Real friendly place, too.

tebian

FFRadio DJ
Thank you very much for the recommendation. Was great to talk with you in our shout out box today. We play all Square music, not just the Final Fantasy series and hope you all will stop in sometime. You get us with the Shoutcast app on your Iphone / Itouch or on Player #1 on the PSP, too.

We have used your great site a few times on our live shows to quote information about FF7. I think one of our other DJ's is member here too. Keep up the great work.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This, by the way, is awesome at work. Great for some background music to make work far more epic than it really is. Sorry for the late post, I had kinda forgotten about this and it just occurred to me the other day when I grew tired of wrestling with Pandora.

I know I could ask them this, but how could they always have someone on? I guess they don't, so how does the music work when they're not around?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I know I could ask them this, but how could they always have someone on? I guess they don't, so how does the music work when they're not around?

Automating this sort of thing isn't terribly complicated and is done by a lot of radio stations (both internet and the old-fashioned kind).

There's actually a station in Texas (IIRC) that can run entirely without any human interaction indefinitely - it's solar powered and entirely automated.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I suppose so. I just know the "random" function on my car radios and mp3 players is fairly lousy and repeats often. :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
This is so neat! I love it. I can't wait to see if I can listen to it at work. If so, that would just make my life to have this background music play.

tebian

FFRadio DJ
Automating this sort of thing isn't terribly complicated and is done by a lot of radio stations (both internet and the old-fashioned kind).

There's actually a station in Texas (IIRC) that can run entirely without any human interaction indefinitely - it's solar powered and entirely automated.

Sorry had not seen these notes. I do make play list of about 12 to 14 hours and then as the DJ's work the day they add to that with request or just music they want. We have about 9000 tracks in the library and the last time some one left the radio to long and it went auto it was... interesting to say the least.

But you can easily have stations run the music for you. Our SAM broadcaster software does it. Some isp almost force you to do it automated with the DMA laws. One of the rules in playing is no same album in same hour plus no 3 tracks from same record on one day... or some weird stuff. I do run 365Live stream too that is automated to handle our royalties paid for the music and it has to be on those special rules. We for sure use the automated picks based on weighted songs. The listeners there like the music too, but I really prefer the main station with our customized play list of music all the time.

If you have any questions or suggestions please do post. I am always in the shut box too on the radio page.

tebian

FFRadio DJ
One would assume this is far more advanced than your car stereo or MP3 player. :monster:

I had to post once more, you are so right...

Do not try to figure this out but it is just one why to make the play list rotate called "clockwheel". DJ's discuss for hours the endless ways to make these crazy things.

Picture if you will a big pie chart representing an hour. This is the origin of the term "clockwheel." Each slice of pie tells you what's going on during a particular part of the hour. In order to set up a format, the pie slices represent certain selections - Hot Hit, Oldie, Not So Hot Hit, News etc. Arranging these slices is what gives you the general idea of your format.

The SAM clockwheel logic uses available categories and places a song in the rotation until the whole pie is complete. Have a slice of Hot Hits, followed by a sliver of jingle, followed by a slice of Oldies. The SAM clockwheel does not have to be a complete hour. It's just a rotation of songs, etc. that cycles over and over, filling the queue as per the rules and "keep x number of songs in queue" specification.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Excellent site! I shall pop by to hear the Parasite Eve soundtracks sometime. 8D

tebian

FFRadio DJ
Just short a note about our new site that has more features to listen to radio. You can now make dedications now and you can see tracks that are in the queue coming up. The search function works a lot better now for the artist, CD and song.

Hope you stop by and enjoy the music. I added the the link to this site in the affiliation list there too so you our listeners can have a look at lifestream.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
First of all:
These guys have over 9,000 tracks
:kermit:

Second... this is really neat, I'm glad this topic was bumped :D And you guys take requests too?

uhm...

wouldn't happen to know how Linux users do this do you? =/
NM, i got it.

Top Bottom