Final Fantasy Type-0 Thread

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Thank you Glenn
:kittyhug:

It's weird, I haven't really seen much hype for this so far, I would have though there would have been more :huh:

I am pretty excite for this, if it looks like they are doing a good/great job with the port I might even buy a PS4, Final Fantasy XIV RR, Type 0, and hopefully FFXV someday :faint:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Yeah, there are only a few next gen games I really want but with e3 announcingType-0 and Uncharted 4 announced, suddenly I am seriously thinking about a PS4.

I pretty much never thought it was going to be released (like I said before, poor Vita market and being released too late in the psp era), so I was just considering watching a lp.

I remember there being a fan translation patch that was recently announced, and maybe almost finished. I wondered if that had anything to do with this decision, and if the fan patch is released, if it'll affect sales.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
The patch was released before the HD announcement (two or three days before). Though there was word of a Type-0-related announcement happening around E3 time so I suspect that is why the patch was released earlier than expected and still not necessarily complete (I've seen an untranslated menu).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Wish the dude had asked what Tabata's feelings are on the English fan translation of the game, and how he feels in general about fans taking matters into their own hands when Square Enix ignores them for not being Japanese.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-director-hajime-tabata-on-type-0-fin/1100-6422102/

no more multiplayer mode for the hd one

Moving Type-0 to consoles also means removing the game's local co-op elements, as I learned when I asked about the possibility of online co-op via PlayStation Network or Xbox Live. Tabata explains: “Originally, for the handheld device, when we introduced the multiplayer aspect, it was so that people could get together in the same environment and play together. But for the console, we thought it would impede on completing the game, so it’s not included in the game.”

that means that a number of missions will have to be either removed or changed around (since they required you to collect points from the multiplayer missions)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Holy shit Square Enix actually putting in the hard yards into a port

wdhfwk.gif

Link to a demo vid

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Agito TGS trailer

Yeah! ... Honestly no idea what's going on here but alright

Lex

Administrator
Just going to embed the new Type-0 trailer here for those who haven't seen it:

Looks pretty fab if I'm honest.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
ugh I almost forgot how mediocre Takeharu Ishimoto was

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the opening lyrics of 'zero' get used within the game in the context of a song the characters know, so i'm wondering if they're going to take some poetic licence with the subtitles to make it still feel like a song.
it's actually sung a little by ace, so i'm curious as to what that will be like

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
the opening lyrics of 'zero' get used within the game in the context of a song the characters know, so i'm wondering if they're going to take some poetic licence with the subtitles to make it still feel like a song.

I love when a real song is referenced in-game. It gives me VIII & IX vibes.

Lex

Administrator

That article that Kuja linkes states the following:

“It’s a really good song and we thought it’d be best to keep the original appeal and impact of it for the fans,” said Tabata. “We discussed it with Bump of Chicken and the final verdict is that we’re going to keep the original Japanese version as it is, included in the European version too.”

“That’s what all the members of Bump of Chicken agreed on so that’s what we decided to do. Obviously there will be subtitles for the lyrics of the song so you can understand its meaning.”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/0...tor-like-continue-series/#KBDTs0uzqC1V6HYd.99

Which I'm super happy with, but I'm wondering that if the song is this important how awkward the transition from English voice acting to Japanese singing is going to be?

Like is a character going to hit out with "I know this really great song, *starts singing in Japanese*"

I am of course missing context because I've never played this. I might have a bash at the fan-translated PSP version over the christmas period before this releases.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i will be interested to see if they go for a 'localised' version (rhyme and stuff like that) rather than just translating it, and if for the whole song or just the part used within the game

i tried to sing it to myself to think how it might go but i keep singing the song 'voices' from macross plus instead :sadpanda: i haven't seen that in ages yet i remember it better than 'zero' the song i have on my phone

Lex

Administrator
I'm kind of scared to play the game with original Japanese audio, because when I do that with things I tend to end up hating the English.

Advent Children is a prime example of this. I watched it in Japanese like a hundred times (my friend in high school burned a disc for me pre-me having broadband) before I ever even touched the English version, and the English version made me a bit ill because I felt like I was watching a childrens cartoon version of it and then Cait Sith said something in Scottish and I almost vomited.

Got used to the Cait Sith thing. The rest of it still holds true to this day.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have simple tastes and liked how the japanese cast had lots of former ff actors back (ace is hope, trey is ffxiii cid, seven is yuna which shocked me because she sounds so different, nine is snow, jack is zack, kurasame is cloud, the senatey people include kefka, garland and cloud of darkness, dr alecia is ultimecia, diva is aerith/lightning, mogg is ffxiii-2 mog/acc marlene, kun'mi is paine, i think nimbus is tseng/seymour, kator is aaron/squall/cait sith, kazusa is kuja, there's rikku and nero in there, probably others i am forgetting)

also wow i don't know how to spell half these names in english

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
Zero is probably my favourite song from any FF game, makes me wish they had the creative license or idea to use it's melody for various things in the game. I don't think it's a recurrent melody in the soundtrack? They seem to just spam Fires of Suzaku and everything else is a sort of droning noise.

I love Zero's lyrical meaning. I've sung it to a loved one when they were recovering from an abusive parent's onslaught, it's arguably more sad than Kiss Me Goodbye and Aerith's theme, but it's really heart warming too. I'd honestly just prefer they keep it in original Jp since those lyrics are hard to trump, people who're especially curious can just look the meaning up.

Top Bottom