Final fantasy VII remake be exclusive?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
It's more likely to be PS4 exclusive. :wackymonster: seriously I expect that if they do a remake it'll be the last item in the Compilation, and I strongly doubt PS3 will be state-of-the-art by then.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
They'll probably make one for the PC too, like the original. Hence not exclusive. IMO

But didn't they say that they'll make a remake when the original can't be played in the new consoles?

I wouldn't know, though. Can you still play FF7 in a PS3? *n00b question*

Personally, I want the remake for PSP, because then I can have FF7 everywhere with me. XDDD

Archer

Unknown Hero
^Remake on the PSP seems more real than on the PS3 I guess....

Like they do with those old Star Ocean games....
But most of this are just minor changes(Voice acting, corrected translation, better spell graphics).
Besides, the graphics in FFVII(as in the original) are pretty irreplaceable to me - I think those deformed characters and the CG backgrounds are really what the spirit of FFVII is :monster:

Seriously , when I played Crisis Core at some times it didn't feel like FFVII at all >_>
At least not the one I knew....

The point is , that on the PSP they would be able to keep those deformed characters along with everything else , and not unintentionally screw anything up...

ThePineKone

Rookie Adventurer
I expect them to remake it after final fantasy XIII and final fantasy versus XIII and make it a worldwide playstation 3 exclusive. If they announce it as a multiplatform game, then it would sheer disappointment.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
If they remake it, there's almost little chance of it being exclusive. That would be a giant idiot mistake.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Why is exclusivity for FF games such a big deal? All the little phanbois who whined like little two year olds over XIII not being exclusive in the US really annoyed the crap out of me.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The FF exclusive games are a big selling point for the consoles in Japan and probably the States, too. I also believe that some of the larger titles should remain one-console exclusive for at least a while, in order to promote that console - or the diversity of consoles. Why would anyone buy console X if the same games were available for console Y?

Some competition between the consoles is win, ergo, exclusive titles should remain.

As for a full remake, it'd take them 3 - 5 years to make it for the current generation of consoles, and I can't even begin to imagine what it would take for the next generation. Assuming they'd be a step more advanced than the current generation, like the PS3 was compared to the PS2. I have my doubts about that btw - Nintendo made a console with relatively simple hardware and is the Great Epic One in terms of console sales (not so with games btw), and I have a pretty good hunch that Sony and Microsoft will follow in Nintendo's footsteps, at least a bit.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well, a remake of FF7 would be a huge investment, and making it multiplatform would be the best way to cover those loses, and increase the chance of generating satisfactory revenue.

I'd rather they make it for both the xbawks and playstation. Reach more folks in both audiences, and create a lot more fans.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I don't think they'd remake a massively popular title such as FFVII for a handheld console.
They would limit themselves incredibly with the UMD format, first of all. And secondly...pretty much everyone is expecting it to come out on a current-gen console, possibly next-gen (PS4 etc). Anything else would just be disappointing.

Even Crisis Core should not have been a mobile title imo.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Crisis Core shoulda been ps2 imo.

Would have washed the sour taste of DoC out of everyone's mouth.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I happen to like sour flavors!

Anyways, I hope a remake of FFVII would be for the Wii, tbh.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
^ That would just be awful. :monster:

I don't really care tbh if it's exclusive. And I don't get why a lot of people make a huge deal if a FF title spans to another platform. Square and Nintendo were supposed to be bitchfighting for years and yet Square's still shipping titles to the DS and Wii. Xbox isn't much difference.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No it wouldn't. The Wii is the better console anyways. It'd be much more fitting for an FFVII remake than the PS3, which is pretty much dead and inferior.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
No it wouldn't. The Wii is the better console anyways. It'd be much more fitting for an FFVII remake than the PS3, which is pretty much dead and inferior.

What is this bullshit.

The ps3 outsold the Wii last month. The ps3 has better hardware, online support and games. The wii has the bigger install base, and the advantage of having the the nintendo franchises, which are always good. Third party support for it is atrocious though.

Stop talking nonsense. Saying X console is better than another is always an exercise in stupidity.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's the truth. The graphics of the Wii are better than the PS3 today, and it would make a much more accurate translation of FFVII's amazing graphics than the PS3 now. That, coupled with the unique control system would make an FFVII remake on the Wii ideal. Fact.

The Wii is truly superior in every way. With all the data that could be used, plus d/l content, FFVII would be epic with Nintendo.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Oh, you're doing that again.

You're a nigger.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Just stating the truth, dude. I have no idea what you're talking about. FFVII would be epic and perfect on the Wii. Don't lie!

PS3 is ghey. No one likes it, lol.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It's not an argument. Mako is just imitating the same asinine attitude a lot of people have on this issue.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
oic. If they were to redo VII's graphics but still maintain the cartoony charm, then the Wii would be better.

If you want ACC type graphics PS3 would be the way to go.

But now that I think about it, I would prefer one or the other.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well I think it obvious that a remake would be in AC's style, seeing as how everything else is. Maintaining the cartoony charm would only make sense if the rest of the Comp. had done so as well.

Top Bottom