Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Honestly, I loved the cinematics more than the prospect of playing the actual game.

It'll be hilarious to find out that all those tiny bits and pieces of the lore that we've been promiced are all contained in the opening trailer.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
But the Jenova Project wasn't about creating a super soldier at all. It had an entirely different purpose, which was to create a Cetra to aid in the discovery of mako and ease it's refinement. The fact Sephiroth became a super soldier was a happy coincidence after the fact, because he originally was thought to be a Cetra until Gast and Hojo discovered what Jenova truly was in the middle of the project.

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
I don't think the two are necessarily mutually exclusive.
Another possibility is that they were just two concurrently running projects that also overlapped research.
Both starting in 1977, with the Jenova project finishing up in 79 or 80, with the results being carried over into the later efforts of Project 0.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well I don't think there was any indication that Shinra (or anyone) thought Cetra were super soldiers and worth investing in that regard. These projects just happened to run around the same time, and the results of one project, ended up serving the ends of the other.

waw

Pro Adventurer
Well I don't think there was any indication that Shinra (or anyone) thought Cetra were super soldiers and worth investing in that regard. These projects just happened to run around the same time, and the results of one project, ended up serving the ends of the other.
It's going to be real interesting as we get a bit more explorations around Project 0, Jenova Project, and Sephiroth over the new few games. I mean, if J Project folks were supposed to be Cetra helping out Mako Reactors, why did they just give up on that thing? They get Ifalna, right? But they don't (as far as we know) ever have an Ifalna Project trying to make more Cetra (or crossbreed Cetra-Jenova folk). They get pretty satisifed with just making supersoldiers, and then investing in increasing robo armies.

I've always felt the President abandons the idea of Neo-Midgar and better Reactors up until the events of OG FFVII. Something jumpstarts his desire to see that happen after giving up. I'm not saying I have a firm canon read here, but this is how I've interpreted everything.

So if it really does all begin with wanting Cetra to wizard up better Lifestream flows and wasn't ever really focused on creating supersoldiers, why does that get abandoned? It's so curious to me.

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
First Soldier should now be available to Downloaded on your device. AppStore notified me today, I downloaded it and then downloaded additional data. Can’t play obviously. So I’m expecting that it will be playable when it is November 17th Japan time which will be different in others time. Hoping it’s a late night release for me which it typically is.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I can't install this game on my phone.

It's literally too big. :monster:

How much space exactly does this fucking game need??

I have 15 gigs free. How is that enough?

Edit: Now it's installing. I guess I just needed to clean up enough room for the base install and then have extra for system files??

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Am I supposed to see anything upon starting the app? Because I'm just getting a black screen (am on Bluestacks emulator so might be compatibility issues idfk)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's technically not ready yet. This is just pre-install. The game won't properly start until Wednesday.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I can't install this game on my phone.

It's literally too big. :monster:

How much space exactly does this fucking game need??

I have 15 gigs free. How is that enough?

Edit: Now it's installing. I guess I just needed to clean up enough room for the base install and then have extra for system files??

I can't get it to fit on my phone at all :'(

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
Am I supposed to see anything upon starting the app? Because I'm just getting a black screen (am on Bluestacks emulator so might be compatibility issues idfk)
A friend mentioned he was able to play it on nox emulator during the beta, but idk if you'd still be able to do that for the real game release. (Nox also has some unfortunate history of installing malware on users PCs, so be careful if you try this one.)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Just did the tutorials.

Based on the tutorials, this game is hella fun. It was pretty hectic; I died once to someone shiving me in the back as I picked up some other player's stuff after killing them. :monster:

Then, I totally walked into the "mako gas" not paying attention to the shrinking arena and died there too.

But after that, I won. :wacky:

Already it's clear I need to play this on a controller. The tablet/phone touch controls aren't bad, and they're feasible but... For the frantic nature of this game and quick reaction skills needed, I can't rely on this. It's not enough. I need to figure out how to use a controller for this.

Ideally, I need to cast this to a screen as well.

But this game looks fun. Don't know how much money I'd drop on this... Maybe the season pass for lulz. But that's only if I actually am good enough to get each of the rewards :monster:

Top Bottom