• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Don't have a ps5 controller to compare, but based on what cold_spirit and Mako said last page, the controller buttons in the settings page match the ps4 more than the ps5.

Also, because the settings don't mention this: to go into aiming mode, hit L2, and to shoot, hit R2. It took me a long time to get it, because what the hell are these controls, SE

After getting killed fairly early in my first 2 live matches (I did it for the ranger daily I hate that job class) I managed to stay alive long enough in my 3rd match to kill 3 people (I snuck on a guy when he was taking supplies, hehehehehe), and do a failed lover's suicide with a wind drake. The wind drake survived.

Asshole.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Wait, I'm using a PS5 controller, so what is it in backwards land? :monster:

EDIT: GODDAMN THESE PS5 CONTROLS!!! Why is the map inputted on the damn L3 Button?!?! If I'm running for my life and press the analog stick too hard, I just stand there, gawking at my fucking map. As I get brutally slashed and shot at.

Please fucking fix these control issues LMAO wtf.

Does the ps4 controller work better than the ps5 controller? I feel like something is off when using the ps5 controller

I wasn't able to figure out how to cast magic or even look down the sights with my PS5 controller. It's just not compatible. Some mappings are swapped, others are missing entirely. Rest assured opening the map is Share/Select on PS4 controllers.

I did get that phone mount and it's pretty comfortable. $12 USD well spent. Hopefully Ever Crisis has controller support too.

WIN_20211120_17_12_55_Pro.jpg

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I wasn't able to figure out how to cast magic or even look down the sights with my PS5 controller. It's just not compatible. Some mappings are swapped, others are missing entirely. Rest assured opening the map is Share/Select on PS4 controllers.

I did get that phone mount and it's pretty comfortable. $12 USD well spent. Hopefully Ever Crisis has controller support too.

View attachment 11531
Nintendo Switch (Colorized, 2017)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I forgot, someone add me too! 85063751340
I hope team matches means we can team up with friends. I'll do my best to fuck around on the battlefield and get all of us killed :wacky:

Off to practice the controls in tutorial mode, because I'm sure I'll get myself killed doing this in a live match. :wacky:

Added ya!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So my last match I managed to survive until 18 players remained sorta took the cowardly route. I Manged to dive off towards the edge of the area then snuck around the edges of the area until the shrinkages started which then prompted me to move forwards more, I really wanted to explore which is kinda hard to do when people are taking pot shots at you, not the point I know of a BR game but still I wanted to look around, picked up a load of items, killed a few hedgehog pies which was fun, I hate the controls though, it just doesn't feel fluid and I felt like at times I could be vulnerable while trying to reposition my camera angle. Still on the fence about it and don't like how in your face the shop os when you load up the game, but I'm gonna stick to one or two matches a day and take it slow until I can figure out a way to enjoy it more.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I'm finding an ipad on a stand on a table in front of me with a ps4 controller means the controls feel fairly OK. Every now and then something wont work or goes funny but I can usually just hit the button on the screen instead when that happens (need this for potions quite a lot, and occasionally for opening chests for some reason)

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
After a few days in i've decided to drop this and I uninstalled it.

I just absolutely hate the controls I don't even care about where I come in the matches, but when a camera angle impedes your user experience so you can't adjust fast enough and accurate enough it complete ruins the experience and I just really dislike the controls this is after practising with the different jobs roles and styles and I just can't work with it.

The screen is too cluttered for my liking and for me the whole thing just doesn't work on a phone, I am really not enjoying the matches either i've tried to get on board with the BR style but its just not me, so I gave it a try but sorry SE I'm out on this one.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I tried it a bit. I did one match and got 2 kills (which is a lot better than I've done on COD, Apex, or Pubg) but also didn't place very high.

The use of FF elements like magic and job specializations make this stand out on its own from other Battle Royales. I like how you can fight monsters on the map, that's really neat. That said, I agree with Sprites when I say that the controls don't feel all that great. The map feels really bare compared to the big 3 that I've mentioned.

I think this has the potential to be good maybe. I'd have to give it a year or two for it to be developed and patched more before I give it another try.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Playing in fucking backwards land with a PS5 controller, I can sympathize with being frustrated with screwy controls. At least I'm using a controller, I don't think I'd be as satisfied with the experience if I were entirely reliant on the touch screen. It's far too cluttered with the interface and your own damn fingers getting in the way of trying to see, and trying to manage so many things with the gameplay that require precise movements.

Like, it's cursed, trying to attack with your fingers while also being attacked. Controller support is vital for this. Furthermore, they need to hurry up and fix this PS5 controller issue :monster:

What really makes this work is that the game seems generous. It's obviously monetized, but not annoyingly so. Grinding to level up isn't too hard either. Just play, and win or lose, your job class gets leveled up. And the season quests aren't too hard to do either. I suck bad at this game but at least I can do something and not just rely on trying to win the BR aspect.

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
I really can't understand how am I supposed to fight AND adjust the camera angle at the same time. I keep slashing randomly the air without understanding where exactly is my opponent - obviously dying in a matter of seconds.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I've seen a couple of tonberries... and immediately been killed by them lmao.

I actually love exploring the map though?There's some really cool stuff, like these ruins out on the edge with loads of water and flowers growing around, and it's satisfying exploring an (admittedly simplified) version of midgar without having to go through loading screens. Plus finding places that are important in the Remake usually rewards you with a chest or good items, and it's interesting seeing what's there and what isn't e.g. Madame M's place, Corneo's mansion and 7th Heaven are all there, as is the orphanage complete with moogle flower design on the wall, but I haven't found aerith's house and am not sure it's there. I assumed it would be "house with greenery" on the map but that doesn't seem to be the same place.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I found her house but it's legit nowhere near you'd expect it to be. It's located next to a slum with varying levels if memory serves but I don't remember the area name.

Got to the top floor and got a purple sniper which allowed me to pop one of the people lurking around on the ground.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Screenshot_20211122-170931.png

Highest I've ever placed in a match, and managed to kill 3 opponents, all melee style. Got me a new title to boot.

This is probably obvious, but my dumbass just now realized it today...

Warriors excel in closed off, indoor areas. The tighter you can box in an enemy and go sword-chucks on em, the more likely you are to kill them and survive. :monster:

It took me running around in the open wastelands and trying to frantically chase someone shooting at me to make the connection. :wacky:

Also met a Tonberry for the first time. It brought me down to 1 HP and I promptly ran the fuck away. Also found Comet materia in a chest.

This game is hilariously fun, despite it being just BR with FFVII stuff. It's like a rush, I don't know how else to describe it. Definitely feel I'm getting better with more playing. However I'm still ultimately playing with a handicap thanks to controls being fucked up and no way to use materia unless I look away, turn to my phone, and then touch my screen. Which of course doesn't work in the heat of battle. Still, my warrior is now Level 10, and Threaten is a pretty cool skill.

Actually tempted to get the Season Pass.

Top Bottom