Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
@Red, Yea I've gotta agree, doing all the extra content very well takes longer than a run through of the game.

I've been playing IX, but with X I stopped at the level grinding, and playing blitzball. I know I killed Dark Valefor pretty easily, but I have a lot more level grinding and blitzball playing to do.

Honestly I wish there wasn't a cap of 99 regarding spheres because you can go through a stack of mana spheres so quickly and then you need to refarm them.

Sphere Grid grinding seems to be the one thing that will take the most time. And I also wish I chose the expert sphere grid because I now also need to find a way to fill in all the empty nodes.

@Kuja - Even getting 1/8 of the stats needed to max makes the final 3 boss fights ridiculous easy.

I one shotted BFA's first form and three hit killed his second form. I've been doing the AP trick for my current team.

RedFFWolf

Donator
@Red, Yea I've gotta agree, doing all the extra content very well takes longer than a run through of the game.

I've been playing IX, but with X I stopped at the level grinding, and playing blitzball. I know I killed Dark Valefor pretty easily, but I have a lot more level grinding and blitzball playing to do.

Honestly I wish there wasn't a cap of 99 regarding spheres because you can go through a stack of mana spheres so quickly and then you need to refarm them.

Sphere Grid grinding seems to be the one thing that will take the most time. And I also wish I chose the expert sphere grid because I now also need to find a way to fill in all the empty nodes.

@Kuja - Even getting 1/8 of the stats needed to max makes the final 3 boss fights ridiculous easy.

I used to bring 'em all together and they'd work around the entire system all at once. Deleting values of 1, 2 and 3 and replacing with 4, (and, if stats still at 255, then a HP node), HP points of 200 converted to 300, likewise with MP - just for the sake of large numbers :P

Aah, that was nearly a decade ago - focusing on doing homework while my thumb was smashing X over and over as I farmed specific stat spheres. My most recent playthrough (HD version) was all about enjoying the story; I don't think I even got a single Ultimate Weapon at the time.

How far did you get at Blitzball? I used to love that game, too. Got the team to level 99, but didn't sign on any other players, so I kept the original team (Keepa makes for a pretty lousy goalie by the end, but at level 99 his shot stat is 99)

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
@RedWolf- I've won a few games so far, haven't gotten too far into it.
I don't even have attack reels yet.

(I literally had this post open for a few hours before I posted it.... got caught up in IX a little too much.)

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
So I started to kick absolute ass in Blitzball. I have Nadia and Shami.

I use Nadia's speed to get everyone away from the goal, then with her gigantic pass I give it to Shami for a score, works every time.

I'd just like to know how to level characters up more quickly. Also i got Attack Reels finally.

Did a bit more girding, and I really am trying to figure out a way to get break damage limit on my capture weapons. It's a bitch to only hit 9999 inside sin and omega dungeon.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Stat maxing is very fun :haunter: juicing up luck and I'm dropping all of them on Yuna's grid next to auto life.

Tidus has 255 in strength with Wakka and Auron close behind.

Update - I've maxed almost everything for tidus, auron, and wakka except for luck. Luck needs to be 114 or more to never miss anything except for dark mindy who needs 200.

Wakka has 67 luck so far.

Last edited:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I want to give up on stat maxing, I go and get on X, start and I'm like "Nope, not doing this." and proceed to get off.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You get off on maxing stats in FFX?

Well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. If sadists designed that bullshit, naturally there would be masochists who subject themselves to it.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Killed Nemesis, Dark Valefor, and Dark Ixion.

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
You get off on maxing stats in FFX?

Well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. If sadists designed that bullshit, naturally there would be masochists who subject themselves to it.

Have you met Lex or Shademp or Fangu? :monster:

Y yo tambien.

AP-> Overdrive
+
Triple AP
+
Any of the numerous ways to exploit these against the super enemies.

Makes Sphere Grid completion pretty simple. As far as adding new power spheres and stuff, I have dabbled a bit into that. It's just insane seeing dainty little Yuna deal maxed damage with her little staff and one of Auron's abilities.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Killed Dark Bahamut through sentinel+counterattack+99,999 damage and let aeons eat Mega Flare.

Update - Killed Dark Anima, Magus Sisters(Mindy took forever), Shiva, and Ifrit.

Playlist

Last edited:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Jut calculated that in order to get enough fortune spheres to have my final 3 characters fill out the luck spheres I setup, I have to fight the Earth Eater 21 times for 42 fortune spheres since he drops 2 per overkill. It has 1,300,000 hp and dealing 99,999 a hit I'll have to hit him 273 times. :wreckit:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I have conquered everything in the game & got that platinum.

Penance took an hour due to me screwing up attack reels a lot.

Clock Time is 119:04 upon completion.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
IIRC I spent like 200 hours on the game the first time through / back when and didn't even get to do all of the special bosses (although I did do most of the sidequests, I had a guide of sorts). GJ :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Started a playthrough of X-2 yesterday. Tried to resume my playthrough of X from almost a year ago, but I honestly just couldn't continue it. Even on the PS2 version I always had a hard time playing X after getting control of the airship. As such, I think I've only played it straight to completion maybe, 3 times.

For all of its flaws, X-2 is a lot more fun to play than X. I was slightly miffed that this version was coming with a couple of extra dresspheres, but I've been doing pretty good leveling characters main spheres and the extra ones I've assigned to them so far. I really like the Festivalist sphere--it's a cute role that happens to do quite a bit of damage with its basic attacks, with have come in handy when I've run out of MP.

I'm about 6 hours in, and I've just gotten to Youth League headquarters. Not sure if I'll be going for 100% completion yet (because I STILL suck at Sphere Break abfter 6+ years), but I'm enjoying the gameplay so far.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I just want to do the bare minimum to get the completion points and then I'm done. :monster:

Of course I know Shinra is supposed to be hard as hell to beat...

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Sphere Break is probly the only FF mini game that I'm actually good at. Fucking Blitzball. :closedmonster:

I have bad memories of Sphere Break. I did play it quite a bit and after some suffering I finally beat Shinra, but I mostly remember two things about this minigame.
1) How luck-dependant it is
2) How it's a poor excuse of a competitive minigame, at the very least in its presentation

If my memory serves me correctly, all the pieces you see on the screen belong to you, the player. You are essentially playing solitaire and then deciding that upon completing this perfectly SOLITARY game you have somehow beaten an opponent.

The card games of FFVIII and FFIX provide a far better gameplay feel because at least it is your cards VERSUS somebody else's cards. Sphere Break is like if you were playing Triple Triad or Tetra Master with ONLY your own cards, never at all seeing or involving the opponent's cards.

*holds back and tries not to rage about every other aspect of FFX-2* :P

Top Bottom