Final Fantasy XII

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Yep Cid was definitely one of the darkest characters in the series, second only to Vayne. His corrupted persona due to his obsession with the nethicite was disheartening and yet very interesting to watch. I think it was one of the only aspects of the storyline that I found to be very engaging (. . . also because Balthier seemed to be so much more developed in regards to how he viewed his father's downfall of sorts).

All in all, I thought that Dr. Cid and his relationship with the Occuria as well as with his own son, was implemented very well into the storyline.

The Joker

Why So Serious?
I have to say, I thought Dr. Cid was really one of the better villians in the game. His manner of speaking made me believe he was the source of evil.
Course then Vayne goes and murders his own father, and blames the Senate.

Fighting him the first time around was quite fun too. Till he starts dealing heavy damage...>.< (course I didn't go in properly prepared at first. I still managed to beat him...but that was because of me spamming the Quicking Chains. :monster:)

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
How does that make him a child molester...especially if its in regards to an Occuria that is thousands of years his senior?

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
How does that make him a child molester...especially if its in regards to an Occuria that is thousands of years his senior?

*rolls eyes*

I NEVER stated that he was a child molester, merely that he had a parental fixation with a thousand-year-old Occuria; only in that he was bound to it completely and actually worried about its (his/her???) wellbeing (but only because he relied on it completely).

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Was I talking to you..?

I was referring to MOG's statement that referred to Cid as a child molester. Not you.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Yep Cid was definitely one of the darkest characters in the series, second only to Vayne. His corrupted persona due to his obsession with the nethicite was disheartening and yet very interesting to watch. I think it was one of the only aspects of the storyline that I found to be very engaging (. . . also because Balthier seemed to be so much more developed in regards to how he viewed his father's downfall of sorts).

All in all, I thought that Dr. Cid and his relationship with the Occuria as well as with his own son, was implemented very well into the storyline.

^This...

I have to say, I thought Dr. Cid was really one of the better villians in the game. His manner of speaking made me believe he was the source of evil.

...and ^this!

I really liked Dr. Cid! His personality, his role in the game etc., were all very well developed, wich made him my favourite Cid in the series by far and one of the best antagonists in the series, second only to my usual three, imo. :monster:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Was I talking to you..?

I was referring to MOG's statement that referred to Cid as a child molester. Not you.

Well I'm sorry but I was under the impression that you were. -_-

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Unless your name is "The Notorious M.O.G." my quote wasn't towards you :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
LMAO, wtf are you talking about?!

I'm not saying he was a literal child molester or that he wanted to molest children. He just has this creepy 'vibe' and manner of speaking/being that if, he was a real person, I would immediately associate with a child molester or some other type of weirdo or something.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm not saying he was a literal child molester or that he wanted to molest children. He just has this creepy 'vibe' and manner of speaking/being that if, he was a real person, I would immediately associate with a child molester or some other type of weirdo or something.

I'd just see him as an old guy with dementia, but that's just me :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yeah, that too. Actually, my perception more or less is focused from the interaction he had with the party in the Imperial Capital before you fight him for the first time.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I have to say, I thought Dr. Cid was really the villian in the game.

Fixed. Vayne was some wimpy poser, he never struck me as even remotely threatening. He reminds me of Sesshiroth, in that way - you almost never see him, but you hear about all these bad things he does, and are expected to be afraid.

Cid was a lot more evil, a lot more scheming, and a lot more relevant to the plot than Vayne. Vayne wasn't the ultimate villain, the Empire as a whole was the villain, and Vayne just happened to be the leader. It's like Gestahl and Kefka, Gestahl ruled the Empire but even before he was overthrown, he *knew* he wasn't the real villain.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
You have to respect and acknowledge that Vayne ran shit, though.

What shit? He killed his father in order to gain access to political power that he shouldn't have had at that stage. Oh and yeah he killed one of the judges too, let's not forget that. But other than that I just think he was more of a destruction to himself as opposed to the people around him.

. . . And truthfully
Venat ran shit more than Vayne and Dr. Cid ever did. He basically led both of them to their downfalls and ultimately their deaths.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No one said Vayne ran shit legitimately :monster:

And of course Venat was on top of it all. He was the Occurian god who was for all intents and purposes their sponsors in crime.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA

And of course Venat was on top of it all. He was the Occurian god who was for all intents and purposes their sponsors in crime.

Okie-doke I see.

The Joker

Why So Serious?

"The following crime is sponsered by Vayne Solidor of the Arcadian Empire. The Arcadian Empire: Ruling your ass with an iron fist since the fall of the Dalmascan Kingdom." :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
What shit? He killed his father in order to gain access to political power that he shouldn't have had at that stage. Oh and yeah he killed one of the judges too, let's not forget that. But other than that I just think he was more of a destruction to himself as opposed to the people around him.

. . . And truthfully
Venat ran shit more than Vayne and Dr. Cid ever did. He basically led both of them to their downfalls and ultimately their deaths.

Well, I meant more in the terms of the actual running of the Empire and its military. I don't mean just in the grand scheme itself.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
. . . And truthfully

You've kinda missed the point there:

Balthier: You were only a tool of this Venat.

Cid: How quaint. We are allies! The Occuria give men power as a master feeds his dog: it is meant to tame us. How well have you resisted their wile. By turning your back on their stones, you give us free hand to write out own history.

You make it sound like Venat was the Pied Piper, making Vayne & Cid dance to his merry tune. They were all in it together, to restore Ivalice from determinism. And ultimately, they achieved what they had set out to do.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
You've kinda missed the point there:

You make it sound like Venat was the Pied Piper, making Vayne & Cid dance to his merry tune. They were all in it together, to restore Ivalice from determinism. And ultimately, they achieved what they had set out to do.

I don't think I did. I merely stated that Venat's influence on both of these men led to their downfalls--and that he/she/it had a bigger play on things in terms of the destruction of Ivalice. They were merely there to work alongside him and ensure that their goals were fulfilled as well. Vayne and Balthier acquired power from Venat and in turn Venat was able to create chaos in Ivalice as he saw fit.

Also this. Venat represents chaos to their order and it works through Humes and other races to achieve its goals.

Venat represents chaos to their order and it works through Humes and other races to achieve its goals.

Also:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Venat said:
Venat represents chaos to their order and it works through Humes and other races to achieve its goals.

. . . this was what I was ultimately trying to express.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't know why you're quoting the FF wikia as if its some legitimate source of insight or something. :monster:

Venat was nothing more than the Promethius of FFXII. He wasn't running anything, per se. All he did was help those he allied himself with and thus promote their ambition of taking control of history for themselves. He wasn't in it for the politics like Vayne and Dr. Cid were. It was merely an avenue to wrench the reigns of fate out of the control of the Occuria and back into the hands of humes.

Top Bottom