Final Fantasy XIII-2

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I read story summary. The worst thing this story could have done is introduce the stupid time travel mechanic.

Ugh, and Serah seems to be no more tolerable than she was last time around(going from the demo and her ridiculous voice acting. Seems way too "breathy" or something, just annoys me). Noel is alright, but he's just a cookie cutter version of past FF characters in this vein.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Hope was a little sniveling kid when Lightning met him & story took place.
The idea that she would now see him in a new light cause he grew up is so fucking creepy. She knew him as a child of what? 13 or 14?!. She takes him under her wing and comes to see him as a brother/son.

That's some Tifa/Denzel shit. :sickmonster:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Hope was a little sniveling kid when Lightning met him & story took place.
The idea that she would now see him in a new light cause he grew up is so fucking creepy. She knew him as a child of what? 13 or 14?!. She takes him under her wing and comes to see him as a brother/son.

That's some Tifa/Denzel shit. :sickmonster:

I think some people haven't seen an interview of Johnny Depp when he had to kiss Keira Knightly for the PoTC movie. He said that it was weird and uncomfortable kissing her, because he met her when she was 17 years old.

TBH I liked the pairing...until I saw some fan arts and found it completely disgusting. I mean...Its HORRIBLE to even think about it. I just...no. Not even now. Perhaps with Serah a little bit but that's it. Because with Lightning is wayy creepy. And I don't think Lightning would see him that way. Even if he was 40 years old..she still see him as 14 year old baby kiddo.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I read story summary. The worst thing this story could have done is introduce the stupid time travel mechanic.

Ugh, and Serah seems to be no more tolerable than she was last time around(going from the demo and her ridiculous voice acting. Seems way too "breathy" or something, just annoys me). Noel is alright, but he's just a cookie cutter version of past FF characters in this vein.

As expected. I had the not-so-pleasurable chance to play this one and was reminded of exactly how I thought it would turn out to be. Why would you take one of the dumbest, weakest, most boring characters (Serah), add another one (Noel) and make a game with them in the forefront? Jesus Christ, it hurts my brain just thinking about it. And then the time travel stuff, don't even get me started.

I know many people are going to enjoy this game, but I think this is merely a testament to the silly decisions that SE has been making in regards to the last few game releases. I mean, I wasn't all that impressed with FFXIII anyway. *sigh* I guess I'll cut my rant short and just say this is another failure in the midst of many more to come. While I still hold some hope for Versus, I can't really speak to the game because there's been absolutely nothing to go off of.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Time travel ruins everything. Ruined God of War for me too.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
how does Noel even run in those pants. it's hilarious

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
my game shipped yey

so should be here by mid-next week

until then will be avoiding all xiii-2 things like the plague

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Time travel ruins everything. Ruined God of War for me too.

YES, THANK YOU. I stopped giving a shit about that series the moment Kratos hopped to the past to slug it out with Zeus.

Give me a time loop, okay, we can make it work. Do divergent timeline bullshit in a game based on Greek mythology, never fucking mind.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Can I just say....

I love Noel?

I think Noel is an improvement for SE in leading male protagonists. Like, they're going back to their roots of Cecil and Cloud, etc. Sure, it's not quite as good as that yet but hey, it's a step forward, imo.

Anywho, I won't get into it much here because spoilers. But so far, I really like Noel's character. :)

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Can I just say....

I love Noel?

I think Noel is an improvement for SE in leading male protagonists. Like, they're going back to their roots of Cecil and Cloud, etc. Sure, it's not quite as good as that yet but hey, it's a step forward, imo.

Anywho, I won't get into it much here because spoilers. But so far, I really like Noel's character. :)

TBH he's my favorite leading male so far. I love how he pulls a joke every now and then, and he hides almost at perfection what he's been through. IDK I really love him as favorite Male leading protagonists. I liked Cecil, can't say the same thing about Cloud (Sorry I found him kind of boring), but not in the same way I've come to like Noel. Which is weird since I didn't liked him at first. But yah.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
He's the reason I even bought FF13-2, tbh. Initially, I thought he was gonna be like a more annoying version of Sora or something. Just based off of looks. But, after gleaming hints of the storyline and the purpose of his character, I had a little hope that he would be a character who would actually be pretty decent.

Which is an improvement because SE has failed in making good male protagonists in FF13 (Sazh was okay, but nothing special imo). not including noctis because i know diddly squat about him

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I didn't play a lot of the game, but I do really like Noel's VA.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Really? :huh: but... but... his voice is like buttah

Aqua

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Shiala, Bulma, Choco-Lightning
I gotta say, at first Mog's voice was a bit off-putting, but it's really grown on me and now I think it really suits him.

Aqua

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Shiala, Bulma, Choco-Lightning
I would've agreed at first but now...I dunno, I just think the VA for Mog did a great job. Granted, Mog spends more time dejected around me than happy since I'm always throwing him so maybe his sad kupos sound better.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I've only played for a little while, but it seems fun so far. I like Noel, and Serah is better than I expected. I actually like her voice better in her narrating voiceovers. XD I really like the live trigger conversations, and the cinematic action sequences - the opening scene with lightning was really fun. Battles are cool, although I'm still getting into that. uuuhhh, what else? I really couldn't recommend or not recommend a game until I've finished though.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I don't really like his English voice because his kupos sound wrong

... and ...

...I dunno, I just think the VA for Mog did a great job.

I have a feeling, though I could be wrong: they used the Japanese voice actor/tress for the 'kupos' and got a new English voice actor/tress (I think a woman, but I could be wrong) for the spoken parts. The 'kupos' sound very similar to the Japanese...

And I have to say I changed my mind: Mog is NOT annoying. ^_^

Top Bottom