For the Children

Ghost X

I was on a train recently and there was a lady with 6 children, all of whom were under the age of 10 years old. Of course, they may not have all been her children, and I have no clue of her living situation, etc, so I'm not making aaany judgements in regard to that (okay, I lie).

At one point 4 of the children were in full tantrum mode. One remained in a tantrum for almost their entire train trip (40-ish minutes). I didn't think that was humanly possible.

Anyway, the problem I see with your proposal, beyond exploitation, would be that physical punishment doesn't stop children going apeshit. It can often be provocation to it :P. The woman on the train, although practicing restraint to begin with, ended beating them all up at one point (ie: smacking them). Didn't solve a thing.

TL;DR: I am an instant expert at parenting, and disagree :awesome:.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
The other day I witnessed a mother smacking her son. HARD. And the son laughed. He damn laughed.

I didn't think that was possible. Honestly.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
The other day I witnessed a mother smacking her son. HARD. And the son laughed. He damn laughed.

Defiant little bastard. Good for him.

Clicky Person

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nanny Ogg

It is possible, trust me, I was damn near impossible to discipline as a child. My parents had to figure out how to make me feel guilty about doing bad things on my own.

Cabaret

Donator
How is it over there in your world of people being decent, nice and honest people who would never dream of hurting a child unless they made a noise?

Also, I don't have children, but if I did, I sure as shit wouldn't want a simpering shell of one who was suffering PTSD from my disciplining them through physical violence. I'd want to be a parent, not a master.

FYI this also applies to animals, I'd love to see you try to get my horse, cat or dog to do anything with negative reinforcement. I'd see you down the hospital to find out how well it went for you ;)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Didn't you already do this one? Contemporise maaaan!

Also, fyi parenting isn't about pandering to adults who need to grow up themselves - tldr everyone has been annoyed by shitty kids, and everyone has been a shitty kid. Circle of life and all that shit. But of course this is all satire isn't it? :monster:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
I did touch on this idea bit a while a go. It was with several other farcical ideas to improve childhood/schools. One guy actually took that whole article as being completely serious, I assume he also thinks "Gilligan's Island" is a documentary.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
There is a small grain of reality in this one. I do get annoyed with children, but only when they are making noise in a either a restaurant or a theater. And I mean a real restaurant, not a fast food place, and I mean a movie that is not a children's movie.

Top Bottom