• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Game of Thrones

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Some hot takes that make me angry all over again.

I honestly liked Jon so much more after leaving the Knights Watch, grew out of his sad emo boy phase, and had a lot more agency in the narrative. But then he gets into a super forced romance with the other lead of the story, and she gets a really abrupt character assassination so he can go through the exact same boring manpain all over again.

Dany deserved better, and so did Jon. I'm still upser because of how attached to these characters and their journey :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190522-001731.png
    Screenshot_20190522-001731.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 21

tidus79

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dragoon Knight
generally ,I didn't feel season 8 was up to the usual high standards of the entire show.

compared with how breaking bad ended where everything knitted together and just felt right Got just felt like it fell a bit flat for me somewhere.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Did anyone else abandon all self-respect and start watching House of the Dragon? I'm actually enjoying this shit. It's not on S1-S4 GoT's level but it's definitely watchable. Dr. Who is magnificent in this show.

Maybe watch some Alt Shift X after each episode though because the lore gets a little confusing. Too many Targaryens with the same/similar names running around.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I am watching it and I don't really find any of the characters super likeable.

It's also like, a bit melodramatic in a way that's sometimes comical :lol:

Ser Criston just like... beat another knight to death in the middle of a party and everyone just sorta shrugged and moved on.... smh

I guess I like Alicent but that seems to be a fairly unpopular opinion :monster:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I think the most comical part is how preventable this whole mess was. Everything in GoT felt like it was a long time coming but this story is just endless incompetence/negligence/pettiness.

I guess I find Laena and her daughters likeable, though they have the luxury of being minor characters. Osmund seems like an OK dude compared to the average Hand.

Yeah Alicent seems to be getting the Skylar White treatment. She has a wildly disproportionate amount of hate compared to [insert four or five male characters that are far more horrible]. She's just like Rhaenyra and Viserys, caught up in The Game they suck at and never wanted to play in the first place.

The absolute worst part of the story is that

Viserys is, like, my age. At least around episodes 6 and 7.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
oh my god episode 8 was like. the most baffling one by FAR. like final season GoT weird.

I really confused why a lot of important events and correlating character development is happening between time skips? Does all this need to be crammed into one season? Why are characters constantly doing unfathomable shit (eg. Rhynaera wandering around the castle right after birth, Viserys painfulling hobbling to the throne then being rightfully carried around a few scenes later)? Why are characters behaving in ways that are contrary to how they were pre-timeskip? Are they allergic to marinating in a bit of character development before it has plot related consequences?

I mean, these problems existed prior to episode 8. I was willing to roll with them for the time being but this was the most egregious episode. Viserys' death felt like it could have happened well into season 2.

Top Bottom