Game of Thrones

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I quite like Ros. And not just for her tits (although holy cow what tits they are).

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Well, the main purpose of introducing her into the show was to provide an outsider to use as foil for exposition so characters would have a plausible reason to reveal details that are generally included in their internal monologues, or scenes that there wasn't enough time/budget to include. One can debate how well it worked, but most of the information included in her scenes is generally pretty important.

And not just an excuse for sexposition? :monster:

Take her scenes out of the show and you'd lose very little.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Well, the main purpose of introducing her into the show was to provide an outsider to use as foil for exposition so characters would have a plausible reason to reveal details that are generally included in their internal monologues, or scenes that there wasn't enough time/budget to include. One can debate how well it worked, but most of the information included in her scenes is generally pretty important.

LOLOL

My favorite part is when Littlefinger is going on a long and nigh-unbroken rant while Ros and some other whore are masturbating really loudly

Are we really supposed to pay attention to whatever the fuck Petyr is saying? And how do you expect us to when there's two naked women pretending to do a man-woman act right in front of him? :monster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Hey, I didn't say it always worked well or that it wasn't in some cases an excuse for fanservice. And yeah the scene with Littlefinger was a bit over-the-top :monster: However in other cases I seem to remember there being quite a lot of information dumped in addition to the fanservice.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Are we really supposed to pay attention to whatever the fuck Petyr is saying? And how do you expect us to when there's two naked women pretending to do a man-woman act right in front of him? :monster:
it's actually a test for ladies to see how gay they are. if they remember his speech, they're probably not that gay

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yase I knuuu

There is quite a bit of infodumping, but I think my favorite parts are where she acts as a judge of character (see: Theon rutting scene :monster: where she explicitly calls him out as a headstrong fame-and-glory wannabe which is going to ruin him later on), rather than a backing for someone to give a whole load of exposition.

I mean, Viserys' scene pretty much proves on that point. Who's going to focus on telling important information in the middle of sex? :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

...For those of you who haven't read the books, this means a character named Ygritte has been cast; the actress playing her is Rose Leslie. You can already see an interview with her here.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
that's uh
quite the cutie

also, that hair
nom

btw I'd have to say my favorite added parts in GoT (ie. the ones which weren't originally from the book) would have to be the ones where Robert Baratheon talks about his war experiences. They're all scenes which really bring out his character, emphasises his love for the fight, and really show how he's not so much an idiot or blockheaded as he is just misguided and blinded by old emotions.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
All of Robert Baratheon's extra stuff was excellent. His scene with Cersei in Ep. 5 is one of the saddest moments in the series.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Reading the book after the watching the show, I was surprised to find out what scenes were written for HBO. I especially like Robert's 'one vs. five' speech to Cersei, underlining how the schism of Westeros would be powerless against the Dothraki war machine. Thought that was really well-written.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Robert was in general one of the best-written characters on the show, and Mark Addy completely sold the performance. Peter Dinklage, Maisie Williams, and Sean Bean have deservedly gotten lots of attention for their performances, but Addy's was at least almost as good and it's a shame he's been basically ignored. This is in a show with an incredibly strong cast though, so I guess it's almost inevitable.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I like how she's either a natural red (very,very red too, none of that half-arsed shit :monster: ), and/or already has her hair colored.

I expected Ygritte to be less pretty / bigger / manlier though. But I guess I know nothing too :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
She looks pretty much exactly how I imagined Ygritte.

GRRM has confirmed that John Stahl has been cast as Lord Rickard Karstark, and Simon Armstrong has been cast as Qhorin Halfhand. HBO has confirmed that Steven Cole has been cast as Kovarro, Nicholas Blane as Spice King, Tony Way as Dontos Hollard, and Sam Callis as Gold Cloak. I am honestly not sure who most of those characters (edit: the ones announced by HBO that is) are, except for Dontos. WIC.net is speculating that "Gold Cloak" is actually Jacelyn Bywater, whom I do remember.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
"[T]hose characters" meant the ones HBO announced, but I just realised that wasn't clear. I remember Halfhand and Karstark.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
okay fine :monster:. Dunno the others either, which probably means they're either irrelevant or given newly created roles to suit the TV series.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Aw man, Rickard Karstark is going to be a gold mine for the show imo :monster:

She looks pretty much exactly how I imagined Ygritte.

tbh I would have thought the character would be a little... mousier and older (since iirc she's supposed to be older than Jon) but while she is an attractive redhead she's not, like, classical-grecian-beauty-goddess or anything.
I'm sure they'll muss her up and give her that wildling look in the show, :awesome:

I'm also interested in who'll be playing Brienne.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I saw an announcement, never saw her face :monster:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Almost done with the second book. Got to be one of the quickest novels I've read.

I was surprised to see how soon
Renly died.
I thought he would survive to at least Book 3.

Still think he would have been the best king for Westeros! :monster:

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
My love for this show knows no bounds.
I'm DYING for the second season, oh my gosh. I should probably start reading the books soon...

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I think they touched on it in the show, but I think Renly would've certainly been popular as king given the chance - but probably wouldn't have been all that good at, y'know, not being played by the rest of the court like what happened to Robert. :monster:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I think Renly would have been an awful king tbh.
He was far too up himself and mattered more about the appearance of being a king than actually leading his people.
I mean the whole interaction between Caetlyn and him kinda proves just how much up his own arse the guy really was.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I think Renly would have been an awful king tbh.
He was far too up himself and mattered more about the appearance of being a king than actually leading his people.
I mean the whole interaction between Caetlyn and him kinda proves just how much up his own arse the guy really was.

Since when was arrogance necessarily a bad trait in a monarch?

Top Bottom