• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Gym Leader Devil's Gym Shenanigans

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Hey look, I finished Kris' Gym :awesome:

59t4li.png

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Its been too long since I posted anything in here. My laptop dying on me kinda took all my sprites with it, but just lately I got most of it back when inspiration hit me. So, let's kick off my return with a laugh :monster:

29og1ag.png

Thank you Animaniacs for the inspiration :awesome: This just might become a series, albeit probably a short one, if I get enough funny ideas.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Got a couple newish things here I'm pretty proud of I wanted to show off. First off, a sprite edit to create Aradia I did as a birthday present for Tiff:

dqqb6s.jpg

She started out as a Team Rocket Executive, but she's had some pretty extensive recoloring, reshaping, and adding to done. Took a good long time going back and forth on different shades of red to get it just so. Very fond of the wings Clicky found for me to recolor/shape and add on.

Next, my comedy stip above (got more of those coming later btw) led to another request. After seeing some of what I've done here, my buddy Lex asked me to throw something together for him, which eventually led to this:

crtea.png

Yes, he chose all Shinies with three Legendaries, and yes I called him a greedy bastard :awesome: A little story regarding this one, he picked the waiter sprite and the Pokemon, and then while discussing how he wanted everything posed he gave me carte blanche to do whatever theme I thought of. Thus, he ended up being Prince Lex, the incredibly expensive chef/waiter of a high end restaurant so exclusive even Shiny Legendaries eat there. Might cost any human who can get a reservation an arm and a leg (its best to feed hungry Legendaries gratis, for safety's sake) but when your food is gathered (Swellow is the meat procurement guy, Leafeon is the produce guy, Rapidash stands in for actual kitchen equipment) cooked on, and served by Shiny Pokemon it would wouldn't it? :awesomonster:

Edit: Realized I missed a few pixels from cutting the Swellow out of its sheet and fixed them. Also realized I forgot to talk about Lex's trainer sprite. Its the standard waiter from Heart Gold/Soul Silver, obviously with his work shirt and bow-tie recolored in shades of blue. At Lex's request, his hair got a bit more alteration, getting the overall dark recolor with the bangs also dyed blue and extended to cover one eye. Finally, I edited the face so his one visible eye is open, so that the fact that the other is covered stands out more.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Next, my comedy stip above (got more of those coming later btw) led to another request. After seeing some of what I've done here, my buddy Lex asked me to throw something together for him, which eventually led to this:

crtea.png

Yes, he chose all Shinies with three Legendaries, and yes I called him a greedy bastard :awesome: A little story regarding this one, he picked the waiter sprite and the Pokemon, and then while discussing how he wanted everything posed he gave me carte blanche to do whatever theme I thought of. Thus, he ended up being Prince Lex, the incredibly expensive chef/waiter of a high end restaurant so exclusive even Shiny Legendaries eat there. Might cost any human who can get a reservation an arm and a leg (its best to feed hungry Legendaries gratis, for safety's sake) but when your food is gathered (Swellow is the meat procurement guy, Leafeon is the produce guy, Rapidash stands in for actual kitchen equipment) cooked on, and served by Shiny Pokemon it would wouldn't it? :awesomonster:

Edit: Realized I missed a few pixels from cutting the Swellow out of its sheet and fixed them. Also realized I forgot to talk about Lex's trainer sprite. Its the standard waiter from Heart Gold/Soul Silver, obviously with his work shirt and bow-tie recolored in shades of blue. At Lex's request, his hair got a bit more alteration, getting the overall dark recolor with the bangs also dyed blue and extended to cover one eye. Finally, I edited the face so his one visible eye is open, so that the fact that the other is covered stands out more.

I love the restaurant story so much, I have to copy and paste it into my folder of awesome.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I aim to please dude :awesomonster: I'd request that you place your fictional restaurant in the fictional city my Gym is in... but my backstory includes a bit where I let my Hydreigon tear it/burn it down one day because "meh, why not?"

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I aim to please dude :awesomonster: I'd request that you place your fictional restaurant in the fictional city my Gym is in... but my backstory includes a bit where I let my Hydreigon tear it/burn it down one day because "meh, why not?"
Sounds like you're running an extortion racket to me... :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I didn't demand any cash off the citizens so it can't be extortion, right? It's just that when you have an extremely powerful, three-headed dragon named Ghidorah you have to let it blow off some steam now and then. It keeps the peace. I mean for me, not for anyone else :monster:

Anyway, I haven't been sleeping well and spriting fills the wee small hours so it's time for another episode of "Good Idea, Bad Idea: Pokemon Edition" :awesome: I have two here that are only two panels each, so I'm gonna throw them both up here at once.

34doqix.png

2le07kg.png

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
OK, is Whitney heavier than she looks? Cos, pretty sure her Sandshrew shouldn't have ended up like that.

Also brings up the question of how you can fly on a Pidgey in the games... :huh: At least you can imagine with a Squirtle using Surf, you're using it as a buoyancy aid.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
j7ck1w.png

Made this just to see if I could do it decently. I like it, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
15x24n4.png

Made this just to see if I could do it decently. I like it, what do you guys think?
"Good day, ruffian. I am searching for the gym leader of this city."
"...I am he."

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I am not a ruffian, I maintain a business club for legitimate business. :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Been a long while since I had anything to post in here, but thanks to a certain someone I just had to do this:

2mwcn0l.png

And I d'awwwed at my own work :reapermon:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
You should read the Pokemon Adventures/Special manga, cause there are some trainers who do actually practice martial arts with Fighting-type pokemon. :awesome:

I have read some of that, and enjoyed it immensely. Also its canon that some trainers in the game!verse train against their own Pokemon, Maylene does it and apparently Drayden keeps in shape by wrestling his Dragon-types. Crazy shit. Still, bad idea for the average trainer.

Awww, that is adorable~~~

Yeah, its all :joy: Gonna make one with her mom's sprite too in a bit, needed to rest after all the erase this/recolor that that went into getting the kid to climb my head like that.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
One more to awwww at, we saw what the kid and I are like together so here she is with her mom (presumably dancing in puddles or something):

350qz40.png

Edit: Remembered there is a tiny parasol in the props case, made it better.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Inorite? I was starting to think I remembered wrong but just yesterday when I got to his city, there were people in town talking about it. Makes ya glad the Pokemon do the official fighting eh? Otherwise I demand to take my scythe in with me.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Finally got he hang of making Brooke style walkin trainer/team sprites, did this for Kris' upcoming birthday:
4iinb5.jpg

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
We are lacking a Normal-type Master if you ever wanna sign up :trainermon:

Edit: Moving all this to the proper thread, I had dropped it in the League thread the first time cause tired makes me derp:

So its getting close to Halloween and I was bored the other day, so I decided my team and I all needed costumes.

2d291tt.png

Ok so I'm really just me only more so, but they look pretty badass right? Sharpedo + clown makeup = HORROR :reapermon: And I am damn proud of Ghidorah's goalie mask there.

So I've been poking around another forum that's more Pokecentric than this one, where someone had a "drop a random Pokemon on the next person to post" game going. Not all that amusing, since most folk just said "I drop X on Y" and were done. I, quite naturally...

mcxh82.png

Took it more seriously :awesomonster:

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
More birthday gifts for Kris, these by request and thus a little late :monster:

lfa4m.png

k17t7a.png

Top Bottom