Hello Hello!

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Not to hijack someone's welcome thread, I don't think I'm quite that big a prick, but X is a kaiju fan?! Why have we not spent more time talking about kaiju then?

I demand discussion of kaiju. Theo, X, lets get on this.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Not to hijack someone's welcome thread, I don't think I'm quite that big a prick, but X is a kaiju fan?! Why have we not spent more time talking about kaiju then?

I demand discussion of kaiju. Theo, X, lets get on this.

Sure I'd be happy to (only if it is okay with the moderators to technically "derail" my own thread).

I'll start with maybe a couple of possibly controversial opinions:

Godzilla flying with his radioactive fire breath in Godzilla vs. Hedorah and his "kangaroo kick" in Godzilla vs. Megalon are some of the most awesome Godzilla techniques/moves ever (oh and of course, Godzilla blasting Zilla in Godzilla: Final Wars).

I'll unabashedly admit to liking Minilla (partially because of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzickvq_xJA and that the ending to Son Of Godzilla is actually one of the most emotional and heart-warming scenes in a kaiju movie, made possible because of Masaru Satoh's great music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtAy0Dw2xsg)

Personal favorite Godzilla suit/animatronic design is the Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla/Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Oh I figured we'd like VM or PM about it lol. Leave this thread for the welcomes and such :awesomonster: My sudden reaction was more of a "holy hell how did I not know this about X?!" Seriously, was all excited to see a fellow kaiju fan, and here I find out there was another one here all along :doh:

Love your choice of favorite Godzilla suit btw.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Sure I'd be happy to (only if it is okay with the moderators to technically "derail" my own thread).

I'll start with maybe a couple of possibly controversial opinions:

Godzilla flying with his radioactive fire breath in Godzilla vs. Hedorah and his "kangaroo kick" in Godzilla vs. Megalon are some of the most awesome Godzilla techniques/moves ever (oh and of course, Godzilla blasting Zilla in Godzilla: Final Wars).

I'll unabashedly admit to liking Minilla (partially because of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzickvq_xJA and that the ending to Son Of Godzilla is actually one of the most emotional and heart-warming scenes in a kaiju movie, made possible because of Masaru Satoh's great music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtAy0Dw2xsg)

Personal favorite Godzilla suit/animatronic design is the Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla/Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.

Hahaha, it's your intro/get to know you thread. Talk about whatever you want.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who liked the (slightly ridiculous) flying technique. Other personal favorites of mine are Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla where he magnetizes himself, and the fusion of Godzilla & Fire Rodan in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II into Super-Napalm-Firey-Death-Mode-Godzilla. It's been a good long while since I've watched Son of Godzilla, but it was one of the films that I grew up with, so despite any cheese factor, I can't help but love it/Minilla. I have a soft spot for Hedorah as well, (which was a Halloween costume of mine when I was like 7).

I'm personally a fan of the late Heisei era suits, (10 & 13 being the ones I like best, because they bear the most resemblance to the Heisei era's type 4, which is always the design that I picture when I think of Godzilla (some of the later iterations make his top jaw too thin and crocodilian for my liking). The image of Godzilla in my head is some hybrid between those designs.

Anyone else excited about Legendary making a Godzilla film directed by Gareth Edwards and written by David Goyer?

X :neo:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who liked the (slightly ridiculous) flying technique. Other personal favorites of mine are Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla where he magnetizes himself, and the fusion of Godzilla & Fire Rodan in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II in Super-Napalm-Firey-Death-Mode-Godzilla.

Red-Spiral-Ray ftw!

Anyone else excited about Legendary making a Godzilla film directed by Gareth Edwards and written by David Goyer?

Extremely, by all accounts I have heard this won't end up like the fiasco that brought us Zilla. Doesn't mean it will be good, but it ups the chances a lot.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, the Legendary Picutres Godzilla movie has me very excited, an the talent involved is doing a much better job to allay fears that it will turn into another Zilla fiasco.

Yeah the Spiral Ray was awesome, it also makes you realize how powerful Destoroyah was, who was able to take multiple hits from it, compared to the other enemies who went down in one shot.

Top Bottom