Hello

anothercid

Human, being
New person here, struggling to think what to say. Guess I'll start with the basics:

My name is Ciaran, I'm 27, Irish (or Northern Irish if you're big into regional distinctions), average of height, beige of teeth and fuzzy of face. I don't think I'm noticeably more neurotic than the next person, but then I wouldn't, would I? I like to think I'm funny; sometimes, I maybe even am.

I'm here at least in part because a longstanding internet buddy of mine posts here. I don't want to name-drop (hint: she's some kind of lady) but with any luck she'll come forward soon enough; that, or she could just leave me hanging and it'll be really awkward and embarrassing. But also, it's been a long time since I've hung out on an internet forum - weirdly, it's my current FFVII run that's making me nostalgic for it - and this neat little website has been in my sights for a while now. I look forward to shooting the breeze with y'all.

This has probably been a bit long for an intro post, so I'll just compound that with a useless extra bit: I like this emoticon here. It's adorably camp. :aah:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Hello Ciaran you bastard :awesome:

Yes we go way back to uh....2004? And gamefaqs, but we won't talk about those dark days.

EDIT: Also if youre doing a current run of FFVII you should check out the community playthrough thread.

Also, also, when you say 'some kind of lady' do you mean that in a sorta Brooklyn accented way: 'shes some kinda lady!' or do you mean 'some lifeform I suspect to be female' ?

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Hello there! A friend of Octo's is a friend of all of ours :) Especially because now you can tell us all her dirty secrets.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Everyone already knows my dirty secrets, plus if he says anything then we have a mutually assured destruction scenario on our hands! :monster:

anothercid

Human, being
Sorry, Octo, but...who are you?

...Sorry, cheap joke, couldn't resist. So yes, here I am, as threatened. The "some kind of lady" line is actually a Barret quote, talking about Tifa, cause that's how I see our relationship: you're the supportive friend with the kick-ass attitude, and I'm the big...black guy...with the gun-arm...yeah, that's where the analogy breaks down.

So hello everybody else! Y'all are quick responders. I knew Octo's fine name would get a reaction. Actually, screw the introductions, we should just turn this into an Octo appreciation thread. For the record I am less than half as awesome as she. I'm saving what secrets I know about her for a deathbed confession, because I don't have any of my own but her's are HUGE.

(Kidding.)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Stop trying to derail your own intro thread! :lol:

anothercid

Human, being
Again, very much looking forward to properly talking to everybody (I share in the "any friends of Octo's" sentiment), but for now, I have to go and indulge in my twin habits of alcoholism and co-dependence. To the pub!

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
what's the craic dude?

Sorry couldn't help it :D

Nice to have another Northern Irish person on the board :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
When you said you knew someone on the forum I thought "it has to be either Octo or Fangu". :monster:

Welcome an' shit :monster:

Ghost X

A friend of Octo is a friend of mine through the fallacy of guilt by association... :closedmonster:

Welcome aboard :awesome:. If your face is fuzzy, you should sharpen the focus.

Top Bottom