Hey there!

Stryfe

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
TheScrub96 (League of Legends)
Hey everybody, Stryfe here! Pretty recently I downloaded FFVII on Steam just to see what all the hype was about, and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much going in. I'm not sure I've ever been so wrong in my whole life! XD Around the 30-minute mark, I was helplessly hooked by the story, and I just found everything about the game amazing! The characters were well thought out and well developed, the story never got dull or repetitive for an instant, and the gameplay is surprisingly complex for a JRPG, not so much in the menu sense (as that was largely standard fare), but in the sense that plenty of enemies had some little gimmick that you had to figure out to beat them. I just found the entire game fantastic. :D

I was so taken in by FFVII that I even went and got a copy of CC and ACC (both of which I felt complemented and developed the base game very nicely), and now I'm here to get to know a community of other people that appreciate the amazing world created by Sakaguchi, Kojima, Komura, and the rest of the FF gang!

A little bit about me: I'm currently a Sophomore in college (going into this year's fall quarter), and I'm studying Computer Science hoping to specialize in Networking. I've been playing video games ever since I was able to recognize flashing colors on a screen, although my first few that I actually remember are Tetris and Pokemon Blue... XD For the past few years, I've mostly focused on online competitive games, such as League of Legends and Counter Strike: Global Offensive, with the latter being the one I decided to devote most of my time to. However, while these games offer plenty of replayability and player interaction, the one thing they utterly lack is story, so I often round out my library with titles such as Skyrim, Fallout, Infamous, and now, most recently, Final Fantasy! Throughout the years I had always heard plenty about Final Fantasy games, but I never really gave them much thought until a few months ago when I picked up FFIII on Steam. I loved the gameplay on that one, but I found the story a bit bare, so that's when I decided to try out FFVII, and now here I am... I absolutely can't wait for the remake, I will pre-purchase it as soon as it's available on PC (and if it isn't, well then I may just have to buy a PS4, won't I???) XD

Looking forward to meeting plenty of new people and making new friends in this community! Feel free to post on my visitor page or PM me if you ever have anything to say to me! Cheers! :)

- Stryfe

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Welcome to the madhouse, please leave your sanity at the front door. :monster:

Ghost X

Welcome aboard. I vaguely remember the first time I played FFVII, back when it first came out. I think I was hooked straight away, but had to save it as soon I defeated the first boss, because it was bed time. Ah, bed times.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It's not often you find somebody who's just decided to pick the game up. Welcome, hope you enjoy yourself here!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Hello! I try to welcome everyone, but I must have missed this thread when you put it up. I hope you're settling in well. :)

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Welcome. I've seen you around on the forums a bit already.

You should really try out some other FF games too. Here's ones I recommend:

FFIV: I'd either get the DS or PSP version. The PSP version comes with its sequel The After Years and a new story called Interlude taking place between the too, but the DS is the better version of FFIV itself. FFIV is really fun with a great story and characters, plus the Augment system in the DS version is pretty cool.

FFV: FFV is a really fun and lighthearted adventure which doesn't take itself too seriously and, like III, has a job class system. If you liked III, you'll love V. It's got great characters, a much deeper story than III, and is full of funny moments. Its job class system is also much better than III's IMO. I recommmend the IOS/Android version as it has better graphics and music quality and it fixes some bugs and such, though if you aren't a big fan of touch screen controls, you may want to play the GBA version instead, depending on how off putting they are to you.

FFVI: While I don't think it's as great as many people hail it to be, it's still a great game and in my top 5 favorite FFs. It has a great story and characters, but it's not as fun as V IMO. This and VII are the FFs people will usually hail as the best. Like with V, I'd recommend the IOS version as it has better graphics, music quality, and Sabin's Blitz and Cyan's Bushido are easier to use due to being chosen from a menu rather than inputting button combinations, though again, if touch screen controls really aren't for you, go with the GBA version.

FFIX: This is one of my favorite FFs and I really recommend you give it a try. It's got a great story and great characters, fun gameplay, and has THE best music in the series IMO.

You may also want to give VIII a try, though it's not for everyone, and has vastly different gameplay from the rest of the series. Its characters and plot are also pretty divisive, though I like them. However, Triple Triad is generally agreed to be the best minigame in the series, and plus VIII's music is some of the best in the series IMO, surpassing VII's but not quite at IX's level.

Of course, you should probably try the whole series, but those are just the ones I recommend the most.

Top Bottom