How do you/did you find Aerith?

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
In this game? Did you like her? Did you think she was different (for better or worse?) Compared to FFVII Aerith what did you think?

Just curious! :monster:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Well, she was a bit different in CC than her original FFVII self IMO. I kind of liked original!Aerith (and KH!Aerith) better, because she was spunkier in there. She was kind of the typical princess/angel character in CC and it kind of didn't show her dynamic Aerithness. But I guess it was because she was younger then, and more innocent.

I sort of hated how she made Zack (and I) make another wagon for her when we worked so hard to get those materials though. :monster:

paoo

♥
Well.. I have always loved her.
When Cloud falled down into the church and they started talking, I falled in love with her character. I adored how she was being so cheerful, a little too forward, play-full and.. You know her character. :hohum:
Yeah, I thought she was that "special one". I have never hated her tho, or.. I really thought she was weird when Barret had told about his past, and she just walked away. o_o
And hmmm.. I have never played CC, but I have watched most of the cutscenes. And I find Aerith being the same, expect that she was so finicky about that Flower-wagon. xDDD

OH! And when you could buy a flower from her, I thought "Hey, what a cute flowergirl." :monster:

Vendel

Banned
I found her in my flower garden. I had my way with her (spiritually speaking) and sent her on her ghostie way.

:muhaha:

megas_sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
I liked her FFVII personality better. But I guess CC had to portray a person who's 5 years younger and
doesn't carry the weight of having to die for something.

KK2008

Rookie Adventurer
Well I've never played FF7 =( only CC but I really liked her character there^^I liked how she wanted to be normal instead of the whole Special-girl thing, while Zack was the one who didn't want to be just a normal guy lol
also I think that we can still see the strong-willed character she is^^ I mean come ON she even made a SOLDIER build a FLOWER wagon for her xD
I think she's the same Aerith we all know but just a bit younger and not used to the world outside ^_^ I just happen to like her better in CC simply cause she's with Zack lol Zack makes her look cute x3

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
Sure, she was a little different but she was also younger and all that. I liked her just as much as FF7!Aerith, if not even more. She was so cute. <3

However, I must agree with this:
I sort of hated how she made Zack (and I) make another wagon for her when we worked so hard to get those materials though. :monster:
Seriously, wtf Aerith. :monster:

Gale

Read My Mind
She acted a bit like a teenage girl who's in a relationship for the first time, which I'd describe with a word less biting than stupid. Definitely a bit more naive and selfish than I expected, but nothing inappropriate for someone her age. I prefer the spunky stubbornness she displays later on, but bits of it were present and I enjoyed that much.

Honestly I feel like her relationship with Zack was fairly glossed over, like just about everything else in Crisis Core. It covered a long span of time and we really didn't see everything I would have liked to.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I don't get why some people happen to think Aerith is not herself in this game. She fits into her personality perfectly well! Sure, she's a bit more timid, but she's young and it appears that Zack gets her to open up a lot more. She's still got some special spunk and spark of her own, making her just as special as ever. I really adore her the most in CC, but it really just added to her character as a whole for me. She's definitely become one of my most favorite females.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Celes said:
Sure, she's a bit more timid, but she's young and it appears that Zack gets her to open up a lot more.

That's exactly why, Celes-bito. :monster:

Sheepy said:
Seriously, wtf Aerith. :monster:

I'm glad you agree. Must be one of the reasons she couldn't get over Zack. She remembers making him slave over wagons for her. :awesome:

Gale said:
Honestly I feel like her relationship with Zack was fairly glossed over, like just about everything else in Crisis Core. It covered a long span of time and we really didn't see everything I would have liked to. </SPAN>

Agreed. I was surprised when a lot of things have suddenly progressed like two years later or one year later or something. It was weird. The DMW does give flashbacks, but those are pretty few and too far in between the time frames. DDD;

I guess they wanted it to be more of a handheld RPG than anything? It could explain why it's a pretty short game, even though it feels really long.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
CC Aerith? Personally I prefer original Aerith, but her as a teenager was still adorable. The Zerith fluff was also priceless despite how cheesy it was. ^.^ She was odd, which i've always enjoyed about her, the 'fit was stunning and although she was more naive and inexperienced you can't blame her she was young.

But when she acted ungrateful for Zack's flower wagon that irked me a bit, but she never had luxary or a bf and was a dreamer so she probably had better fantasys than that. (personally I thought it was cute. ^_^)

All in all, I love Aerith and I liked how they worked her character in and that keeps her from being too Mary Sue like by making her unperfect. :joy:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I have to say that I do kind of prefer her a bit more in FFVII, but like everyone says she is younger and more naive/timid in CC. There are a few character traits there that you can tell are hints of her future self from the original game. I think it was Zack's influence that helped her open up more to be the person she was in FFVII. :)

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
I agree with that! :lol: It was like she kept a part of him in her which I find really touching =')
Lol, you mean his pick up lines? XDD
Well Zack was Aerith's first friend/bf so of course he opened her up to the world. He was gonna take her outta that church to see the whole world. Well...actually Cloud did that, but Zack gave her the inspiration and then Cloud made the dream come true right? Aww, what amazing team work. ^o^ &#9829;

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
I actually found it sweet and sad that it was Cloud who made the dream come true. &#9829; I guess it adds to the whole Cloud guilt, because he was supposed to take care of Aerith and all for Zack... but she died. :(

Damn you, Sephiroth, for your ability to sexily kill someone with your big, long sword! :rage: DAMN YOU!

Even though Cloud failed, Zack didn't hold it against him, and that was awesome. This whole Zack's living legacy makes me squee a lot for Zerith sometimes. :awesome: Friend and koibito is right~~~ :awesome:

I did kind of like how sweet Aerith was in CC, with the whole little wishes thing. :monster: Aerith ILU &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I guess it adds to the whole Cloud guilt, because he was supposed to take care of Aerith and all for Zack... but she died. :(

Did Cloud actually know that though? He probably pieced things together as one more thing to be guilty about once he remembered who Zack was, but Zack never actually told him to look after her.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
He did in the Japanese version. :monster: I think. I don't remember much, but I think he told Cloud to 'take care' of Aerith when he meets her. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In the English version, he just says 'say hi to her for me'. Which is...well, different. :awesome:

paoo

&#9829;
He did in the Japanese version. :monster: I think. I don't remember much, but I think he told Cloud to 'take care' of Aerith when he meets her. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In the English version, he just says 'say hi to her for me'. Which is...well, different. :awesome:

Ummm.. I don't think Cloud was aware of that.
It was like Zack was talking to Cloud when he was dead. :aah:
Because we only see Cloud walking with the sword, while yeah.. Zack says that.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Ho yeah. :awesome: Dumb Mei is dumb.

This is what I get for always replaying the game from the start and skipping the death scene. :awesome:

Even then, I don't have any doubt that Zack might have mentioned Aerith to Cloud more than once the whole time they've known each other. :monster:

paoo

&#9829;
Even then, I don't have any doubt that Zack might have mentioned Aerith to Cloud more than once the whole time they've known each other. :monster:

But wasn't Zack very shy about Aerith?
He walked away and looked around before he started talking to her on the phone. It's the same when Zack is about to visit her in the church and Tseng shows up.

Tseng: "Is she anything to you?"
Zack: "Nothing at all."

Or maybe I'm the one being stupid.. :no:

But it's very cute when Cloud and Zack talk about Tifa in Nibelheim. :3

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Well, I always thought that Cloud is the closer friend, and is someone to whom he'll probably disclose details about a special gurl. :awesome:

Tseng is...well, not that close of a friend, at least from what I've gathered. Though he did directly ask Tseng to take care of Aerith for him...

WHICH IS WHY I DON'T GET THE SMALL NUMBER OF TSENGxAERITH FANS! WTF FF7 FANDOM?? :@

paoo

&#9829;
Well, I always thought that Cloud is the closer friend, and is someone to whom he'll probably disclose details about a special gurl. :awesome:

Tseng is...well, not that close of a friend, at least from what I've gathered. Though he did directly ask Tseng to take care of Aerith for him...

Yeah, that may be true. :awesome:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I think the reason there's few TsengxAerith shippers is that Tseng has a small part in FF7 and there was very tiny development in his feeligns for her and none (as far as I can tell) from her to him.

That dosen't explain the obscene amount of SephirothxCloud or CloudxVinny ships, etc. but then people in general are kinda creepy!

paoo

&#9829;
I think the reason there's few TsengxAerith shippers is that Tseng has a small part in FF7 and there was very tiny development in his feeligns for her and none (as far as I can tell) from her to him.

:hohum: Tseng also betch-slapped her.
But... she cried when he was 'dead'.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I LOVE TSERITH. :rage: I loved the whole scene between he and Zack... they were like, both jealous of one another. xD Zack especially with his "whaaatver" line.

but I think he told Cloud to 'take care' of Aerith when he meets her.

Cloud wasn't aware that Zack said that. It was like Zack's spirit saying it to him.
"If you see Aerith, say "hi" for me."
He wouldn't say for me in the past if he had mentioned it before. :awesome:

Ultimania says Tseng and Aerith also have a special bond. Awr.

Top Bottom