• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

How IGN would remake VII (This should be good.)

I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd like more Midgar to explore.
I would prefer if a minimum amount of stuff was added. I still like how isolated you felt from the upper plate in the original game. Leaves more for the imagination and makes you relate to the slum people a lot.
But in what area was that tree with lights in Before Crisis? (Yes, one of these days I will read up on BC but not today :P )
Adding that area for the remake might be a nice "continuity" touch.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
But hear me out. What if the remake included a BAD ENDING?

:lol: I was thinking about this the other day, to be in line with AC you could have something like Silent Hill 2's 'In Water' ending :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I would prefer if a minimum amount of stuff was added. I still like how isolated you felt from the upper plate in the original game. Leaves more for the imagination and makes you relate to the slum people a lot.

I can see your point, but even in that case the Sector 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8 slums are never seen. The Key to Midgar might be a much better treasure if it led to seven sidequests instead of just a ball-numbingly useless final weapon for Tifa.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I'd kinda streamline all that: They could have the option of Aerith living, but it could end up being a bad ending because she didn't fuse with Holy in the Lifestream.

So even though you get to flesh out her limit breaks and see how she'd interact with things that happen after her orginal death, the player must eventually go down the orginal path in a new game file to get the good ending (old saves stats carry over).

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I mean no offense to everyone, but the "should Aeris come back" topic should have it's own space, as it is usually heated, always subjective, and rarely productive.

Then again, I suppose this is as good a space as any, seeing as how this is basically a thematic chit-chat thread at this point.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'd kinda streamline all that: They could have the option of Aerith living, but it could end up being a bad ending because she didn't fuse with Holy in the Lifestream.
I've never heard this brought up before. Imho its a totally brilliant idea.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Here's my thoughts:

Final Fantasy II: 20th Anniversary...all the party members that died got a second chance dungeon they got to play through and fight a Heavenly Version of the Emperor...he still lost...but hey, you got to play with the characters you liked again.

Another example is Tri-Ace's Seraphic Gate dungeons in either Star Ocean or Valkyrie Profile. Usually these areas are outside the normal plot, so anything goes. Same thing for the Disgaea games, too.

If for any reason you had to...say...fight Genesis or Deepground in Shinra's lower levels, wouldn't it be interesting to have Sephiroth (or a clone of him) tag along? It wouldn't be canonical, but it'd be a secret extra area after you beat the game.

Even Final Fantasy XIII-2 let you gain Jihl Nabaat (who died all too early on) join your party if you beat her in the arena.

I think people need to be more open-minded to the impossibilities, here.

If Jihl could come back as an extra or DLC, so can Aerith by rights.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
If there are to be any other characters in the party other than the eight in a remake, I would like it to be done in a New Game+ mode or post-ending.

I actually think it might be interesting if there was a NG+ mode that would allow the player to recruit a number of random people from the world of VII. They could add a Blitzball-style system where the player would have an option to recruit them, but there would be a limited amount of party slots. And they could add ridiculously-non-sensical sidequests to "revive" dead characters. Such as having to go to Shinra Manor and collect //Zack's test-sample// and then go to Zack's parents house to get some other random key item and then the sorcerer can forge a clone. And for Aeris having a bunch of key items then going to Mideel and walking up to the Lifestream.

Of course, for the most part the characters would be fairly pointless since they would either have limited weapons (likely only one) or would share them with another character. And their "added value" to the story wouldn't be anything more than humorous one-off lines. Like when encountering Hojo, imagine what Lucrecia would have to say....

And the system would only work if they could only be recruited after they become irrelevant to the story. So Sephiroth could only happen post-ending, and arguably Aeris too.

But I'm babbling. I don't think Aeris should be revived at all and the only time I think it would be acceptable is if it were part of a system like in X-2INT and sort-of XIII-2 where there are many bonus characters.

I'm actually fine with the original VII. If they were to remake it I'd like to see a more completed game with some of the things forgone due to time constraints (such as, I would assume, the travelling salesman) and everything functioning as it is supposed to. The graphics would have to be improved (but then I think VII's graphics is fine) and VAs would have to be used (although I don't think it would improve my experience of the game).

Regarding 3D locations-- that's probably a good idea. But I prefer the way story happens in I through IX to post-X. There's just something about text appearing on screen at the existing camera angle that makes me not get frustrated, while XIII has "a cutscene every five seconds" and is frustrating.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^Speaking of the "original eight" (9, actually), I think they should find a way to make Vincent and Yuffie mandatory and not optional, they're just too important at this point.

Ignoring the the compilation you could get away without Yuffie, but I don't think Vincent's part of the story had any right being potentially left out in the first place anyway. You could still leave Lucrecia's cave and stuff optional if they like, you can get the gist without it, and otherwise Vincent would have the only mandatory-to-access ultimate weapon.

As for Aeris, who are you kidding Bedford? We all know SE would just release a post-death playable Aeris as a $20 DLC.

On the topic of the Compilation and optional things. I don't care if they go hog-wild in putting things in connecting the game to Compilation entries AS LONG AS THEY ARE ALL OPTIONAL. Don't touch the main quest at ALL, all your Compilation stuff was to fit that, not the other way around. So if you leave the main plot alone but throw in the Modeoheim ruins is an optional endgame dungeon I am totally cool with that.

and have Cloud tell Zack's parents what happened, that asshole

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
lol what makes americans think they can control OTHER COUNTRY FRANCHISES?

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
I've never heard this brought up before. Imho its a totally brilliant idea.

TERRIBLE. would make plotholes and even more claerith fans would rage more on the non existent romance of aeris and cloud.

Top Bottom