I need a hug

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
My mom passed away 2 years ago on the 5th.

I just got to the 'End of Disc 1' for the first time since then. :'(

Please give me a hug.

I'm a FF player since the 1st game, survived the great Fan Translation Frenzy of the late 90's and early 2000's, and have been a fan of the series all along. I am a genre-non-specific singer and songwriter who works at an automotive parts distribution center mostly picking up cardboard that must be recycled. My favorite color is blue, my favorite beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, my favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy 6 (but it might be getting knocked off the top of the heap soon by You-Know-What), and like I said, my mother passed away a couple of years ago.

I'm sure many of you know this already, but "nandemoyasan" is Aeris' nickname for Cloud in FF7. It literally translates as "Mr. Everythingshop" (a reference to him saying he 'does a little bit of everything' when they first met), but I know a better English phrase for it, which we use all the time in the Midwest, "One-Stop Shop."

So if I were translating the game, Aeris would be constantly calling Cloud "Mr. One-Stop Shop," just fyi.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
We can take you to both!
:properhug: Welcome to the forum. Loved reading mini bio up there. I reckon I enjoy your “voice” so to speak. Hope to see you around!

Thanks. Erm...how do I edit posts? Is that not a thing? Is it one of those "you must post x number of times in the forums to get the edit thingy unlocked?"

Funny you should say that, one of my first songs was called "See You Around." It was based on a poem by William Cullen Bryant about how a non-spiritual view of death could be an uplifting thing.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Three dots on the bottom of your post I reckon! I’m on mobile but I think it’s the same on desktop?? Funny what slips your mind when you aren’t directly looking at it, even if you’ve looked at it every day :wacky:

6AA49B6A-BD19-4143-8F73-351714C73649.jpeg
D0E377A2-AFCA-4049-AA57-6BA476185C45.jpeg

And how funny! I’d be interested in reading that poem myself. I reckon I’ll look it up at work. ?

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
As you can see...

...There's nothing there.

MNon1Za.png

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Oh, you sweet thing. Let me embrace you into my bosom. :properhug:

Welcome to the forums. We're a pretty cool bunch. Don't be afraid to strike up conversations or start threads.

Top Bottom