I'm a little confused..

Mangakamary

Rookie Adventurer
So we all know that Cloud killed Sephiroth right?... but where did he get that incredible strength from? I'm confused, because I thought that he killed Sephiroth after he was injected with jenova cells but that wasn't the case... also Cloud's eyes have always been blue? Where they blue so that he would think that he was soldier since mako turned eyes blue? There are so many questions now that I have replayed the game and watched the movie. Please don't be angry if I have said anything that goes against your theory toward FF7, instead just tell your thoughts about my questions. Thank you!

1. It was the power of human emotion - his love, his hatred, his grief and his rage - that gave Cloud the strength needed to defeat Sephiroth. IIRC his emotional or mental instability was the reason he didn't make the grade for SOLDIER, but (surprise!) as it turned out those powerful emotions were the root of his strength.

2. His eyes were always blue, but mako eyes are a unique shade of blue and they glow in the dark.

Mangakamary

Rookie Adventurer
1. It was the power of human emotion - his love, his hatred, his grief and his rage - that gave Cloud the strength needed to defeat Sephiroth. IIRC his emotional or mental instability was the reason he didn't make the grade for SOLDIER, but (surprise!) as it turned out those powerful emotions were the root of his strength.

2. His eyes were always blue, but mako eyes are a unique shade of blue and they glow in the dark.

ahh.. I see. I guess it's to represent that even if you are physically weaker than your opponent or someone else, you can become stronger than them if you have something worth fighting for.

Shimi

Rookie Adventurer
It's like the "strength to protect the ones you love" or something, I guess. I can totally see how one might wonder if he had mako eyes back in Nibelheim as I wondered the same thing after seeing the way his eyes looked in Last Order. I suppose that the greenish glow in clouds eyes was emotion and not mako?
As far as the game in concerned, cloud was a normal human at the time, but considering how he defeated sephiroth back then you have to wonder why the hell he failed to join SOLDIER in the first place?

I heard a theory that suggested he tried to join but ended up with mako poisoning causing him to fail. But it's just a theory I heard a long long time ago.

hleV

Pro Adventurer
A little late to the party, but regarding non-SOLDIER Cloud vs Sephiroth, remember that Cloud had previously stabbed Sephiroth with Buster Sword. Sephiroth was barely walking. So he stabbed Cloud, but Cloud found the strength in himself to use that sword to throw Sephiroth down the reactor. That's far from a SOLDIER-level feat. Did you see his feats in ACC?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
To recap. Cloud beat Sephiroth with:

But my headcanon goes a little deeper. I always took it as yet another timeless trope that "Cloud had the strength in him all along" he just was held back by doubt. What this means is that even if he had never been infused with Zack's memories, he was still strong enough to beat Sephiroth at the end of FF7. What this means to me is that Sephiroth's taunts that he is just a puppet and he is only pretending to be strong are meaningless.

Top Bottom