Infractions 0/1 (1)?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So I see on my post bit that I has an infraction. And after the past few days, I'm sure I'm not the only one. :monster: But I'm just curious as to what those numbers mean.

If I have 1 infraction shouldn't it be 1/1? Why is it in the bracket? If my infraction is in the bracket, then what does the 0/1 represent?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
first number = verbal warnings, second number = number of infractions, third number = number of points.

er, I think. :wackymonster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Then how come I wasn't given a verbal warning before the infraction? D= I sense a flaw in the design.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
If it was for posting spoilers then the verbal warning was the large number of rants about spoilers posted by Mako. I can't remember what everyone's infractions are for though so idk. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Nah, mine was for in that massive teams thread, posting a somewhat spammy post after Cthulhu fagetlankjhewfhjbg posted about stop posting spammy posts, but five posts were made in that minute so mine got bumped to the next page so I never saw his post. :monster:

No biggie, but are verbal warnings given/documented in the infraction system? It mostly just seems like mods verbally warn in posts.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I have to agree, warning people in threads alone sounds kind of lame, especially when the thread's moving at a good pace. Perhaps warnings should come with commentary - especially about what the warning is regarding? I just think that is fair. No one could dispute that, I don't think. :huh:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Perhaps warnings should come with commentary - especially about what the warning is regarding? I just think that is fair. No one could dispute that, I don't think.
My warnings have all come with a witty blurb (including one thats even congratulating me, because I'm that awesome and whatnot :awesome:) and telling me why I've received them, so that system is kind of already in place

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
My warnings have all come with a witty blurb (including one thats even congratulating me, because I'm that awesome and whatnot :awesome:) and telling me why I've received them, so that system is kind of already in place

:P *thumbsup* :awesome:

:salute: Go you! :lol:

But seriously - okay, that answers that then...

Did you not get such, Nii-chan? :huh:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Nah, mine was for in that massive teams thread, posting a somewhat spammy post after Cthulhu fagetlankjhewfhjbg posted about stop posting spammy posts, but five posts were made in that minute so mine got bumped to the next page so I never saw his post. :monster:

No biggie, but are verbal warnings given/documented in the infraction system? It mostly just seems like mods verbally warn in posts.

Verbals given through the infraction system are tracked through various avenues (a thread gets posted in staff and it's there for mods to look up), while verbals given in-thread aren't. And I guess Yop just assumed whoever posted in a thread would read all of it before posting in it

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
You do get a pm about why you're getting infracted. I just don't know/can't tell the different between the difference between a verbal warning and an infraction. Either way they have to put a tick on that 0/0, right?

... That makes no sense. :awesome:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Verbals are listed as "Warning," infractions as "Infraction." I think.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
oic. Is there any difference though in the level of.. okay I sat here for several minutes trying to find the word and I can't. :monster:

OH What makes one worse than the other?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
On some boards having a certain number of infraction points means you get banned for a certain amount of time. We handle things on a case-by-case basis though, so the dichotomy is pretty pointless. :wackymonster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I still don't get why a warning and an infraction are different. :wacky: What warrants a warning and what warrants an infraction by examples?

I WANNA KNOW

A

Great Old One
About infractions, just wondering but can "Reversed," ones be 'erased,' too? Because some people have been questioning why I was given one and it was reversed.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I still don't get why a warning and an infraction are different. :wacky: What warrants a warning and what warrants an infraction by examples?

I WANNA KNOW

I'm not even sure whether staff have worked out a formal policy yet :awesome: but based on my reviews of what infractions/warnings have been given out so far, the general case seems to be that warnings are given first, then infractions, unless an in-thread warning has already been given.

About infractions, just wondering but can "Reversed," ones be 'erased,' too? Because some people have been questioning why I was given one and it was reversed.
I guess I could delete it manually in the database if no one on staff objects.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
oic, Okay it's that little "in thread" warning bit that sets them apart then. Helps much better. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Dunno if fiddling about in the database to baleet infractions and stuff is something we should make a habit out of, mind. And the warning system is kinda confusing to me as well.

Speaking of, do infractions / warnings have to be in people's postbit for everyone to see?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Only staff can see everyone's; non-staff can only see their own.

Top Bottom