• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[insert quirky final fantasy related topic title here]

VanuriaFellspar

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Violet
Hey, all! I'm Violet, it's a pleasure to join this here forum! I've been a huge fan of the franchise since I was a kid and played Mystic Quest (yes, it was indeed my first exposure to the series!) relentlessly. Though FF7 isn't my favorite FF, it is the most nostalgic for me for a lot of weird reasons I still can't quite place. The MIDI-soundtrack combined with the amazing sound effect when an enemy is killed gives me some deep comfort.

Anyhow, waxing nostalgic aside, I hope to become a valued poster and discussion haver here! 2018 was a mess of a year for me all around and, in the interest of being more sociable + making new friends, I decided to join a new forum! And what better place to join than a place dedicated to a vastly important franchise to me?

Hope to see y'all around!

VanuriaFellspar

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Violet
What's the difference? half-assed rimshot

Well, what is there to know! I've been gaming for, mmn, 22 years now? Or thereabouts. My first game was Super Metroid, and the first game I beat on my own was the first Metroid at 4 years old. SM is, and probably always will be, my favorite game of all time.

Apart from gaming, I love writing, both fiction and non-fiction, and have a little over 160 poems under my belt. I've recently gotten into (or, more appropriately, back into) writing fanfic again, mostly to fill my creative brain up for when I'm stumped creatively on my short story. Which happens a lot.

In spite of all of that - it might be a tad surprising to hear that I'd like to become an actress, with a writing career (or even just a hobby!) on the side.

Also, my birthday last month I received an actual scale replica of the Atlantean - the sword Conan The Barbarian / Cimmerian wields in the live-action movie. It's hefty, as expected! Thought it was a neat as hell gift, and in tone for a site dedicated to a fantasy roleplaying game!

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
What's the difference? half-assed rimshot

Well, what is there to know! I've been gaming for, mmn, 22 years now? Or thereabouts. My first game was Super Metroid, and the first game I beat on my own was the first Metroid at 4 years old. SM is, and probably always will be, my favorite game of all time.

Apart from gaming, I love writing, both fiction and non-fiction, and have a little over 160 poems under my belt. I've recently gotten into (or, more appropriately, back into) writing fanfic again, mostly to fill my creative brain up for when I'm stumped creatively on my short story. Which happens a lot.

In spite of all of that - it might be a tad surprising to hear that I'd like to become an actress, with a writing career (or even just a hobby!) on the side.

Also, my birthday last month I received an actual scale replica of the Atlantean - the sword Conan The Barbarian / Cimmerian wields in the live-action movie. It's hefty, as expected! Thought it was a neat as hell gift, and in tone for a site dedicated to a fantasy roleplaying game!

You're gonna fit in well. ^_^ Once again, welcome!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
[insert quirky final fantasy related response to quirky final fantasy topic here] :megusta:

HIII you seem super, super cool welcome to the forums!! :glomp:

Please, feel free to join our discord and chill out with some of our community members and do stop by for our monthly movie night event (happening this coming Saturday)!! The theme this time round is sci-fi and we’re still waiting to see which film is gonna be our “feature” (tho... psst... spoiler... it looks it’s gonna be the one that starts with “E” and it’s in “x Machina...”)!

Give the mods, admins or me a shout you have any questions or concerns (I’m also personally fine if you wanna reach out to me simply to pass the time and talk about random shit lmao), our inboxes are always open to ya! I’m available both here and discord @fancysycamoretree :joy:

Hope you enjoy your stay!
:touchingu:

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
Welcome!!! You sound cool already so I can't wait for you to make your rounds on the forum. General Discussion is where all the bullshitting occurs so come hang out, otherwise there is the Discord :P

Also, if you would like, I would love for you to share some of your poetry with us sometime. Who are your favourite poets?

VanuriaFellspar

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Violet
Welcome welcome! Nice to have you here! Here's to a new year and new friends! :D

Thank you! It's great to be here. You're all so welcoming, I almost can't handle it! :')

Hello and welcome!

Hello, and thank you!

:D:D:D:D Hi!
[insert quirky final fantasy related response to quirky final fantasy topic here] :megusta:

HIII you seem super, super cool welcome to the forums!! :glomp:

Please, feel free to join our discord and chill out with some of our community members and do stop by for our monthly movie night event (happening this coming Saturday)!! The theme this time round is sci-fi and we’re still waiting to see which film is gonna be our “feature” (tho... psst... spoiler... it looks it’s gonna be the one that starts with “E” and it’s in “x Machina...”)!

Give the mods, admins or me a shout you have any questions or concerns (I’m also personally fine if you wanna reach out to me simply to pass the time and talk about random shit lmao), our inboxes are always open to ya! I’m available both here and discord @fancysycamoretree :joy:

Hope you enjoy your stay!
:touchingu:

Troll faces, hot damn! Haven't seen those in a while.

BUT THANK YOU FOR THINKING I SEEM COOL! I try my best - and 2019 is going to be me trying even harder! New year & new me, and all that jazz!

That all sounds wonderful, honestly! My shyness be damned, I'll be joining + be more sociable hopefully sometime soon! New environments hardly bode well for me, sometimes!

I really hope I enjoy my stay, too! So far, it seems like I will. :D

VanuriaFellspar

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Violet
Oops, missed one!

Welcome!!! You sound cool already so I can't wait for you to make your rounds on the forum. General Discussion is where all the bullshitting occurs so come hang out, otherwise there is the Discord :P

Also, if you would like, I would love for you to share some of your poetry with us sometime. Who are your favourite poets?

I would love to share my work with y'all sometime, too! My shyness aside, I'm actually pretty open about sharing it all. As for my favorite poets, ah - that's such a loaded question! Partially because I find it hard to separate art from the artists, sometimes, and a lot of my favorite poets are . . . genuinely terrible people so it's hard for me to appreciate their work and their impact on me + the culture without that nagging in the back of my mind.

That being said, my all-time favorite is Allen Ginsberg. I'm reading Bill Morgan's biography on him, I CELEBRATE MYSELF: THE SOMEWHAT PRIVATE LIFE OF ALLEN GINSBERG and just loving it. Apart from him, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, William S. Burroughs, Walt Whitman, Langston Hughes, Herb Brin, e.e. cummings (terrible, terrible person.), T.S. Eliot (phenomenal poet, a terrible, HORRIBLE person), and someone who's been stuck around on various poetry sites for a while, to the point where he's been interviewed, cadmium / mike bauer. There's a lot more, truthfully, but those are my biggest inspirations!

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
I echo that sentiment re: finding it difficult to separate the art and the artist, but I genuinely love the work of e e cummings; his format gets me every time. The blatant racism, among other things, I don't care for as much :P

VanuriaFellspar

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Violet
Yeah, Cummings really knows how to evoke emotion - whether it be positive or negative - through his formatting. I still stand by my own personal critique (that I'm sure is shared by countless others) that, sans formatting, Cummings is simply mediocre. With formatting, though, phenomenal poet.

Re: separating art / artist; I find it's easier to do with artists who don't let their personal views cloud their work. Orson Scott Card might be a raging homophobe, but at least (most of, anyways) his work isn't thinly veiled (or not-so-thinly) homophobia like H.P. Lovecraft's 'Every Protagonist In My Story Is The Same Blond Haired Blue Eyed White Guy And All The Bad Guys Are Them Non-White Folk!'. Eugh. Great mind, sorta, but knowing what he named his cat, and That Poem - it's harder to appreciate him now.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
giphy.gif

Welcome to the forum! :reptar:

VanuriaFellspar

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Violet
LMAO I agree. Without formatting his work is just basic sonnets, no?? Admittedly I don't know THAT much about poetry, so you'll have to school me one of these days ☺️

Girl you speak my language. I like you.

Hey, I'll be glad to! Though, I'm still learning, myself! I mostly write free verse poetry as it's the easiest and most comfortable form of poetry for me, but I'm deciding to learn at least two new forms this year!

I also forgot to mention Leonard Cohen! Incredibly phenomenal songwriter & poet . . . it just sucks he was a Scientologist. Icky.

Hey, whaddya know! I like you too! :D #DownWithHPLovecraft should be trending always.
giphy.gif

Welcome to the forum! :reptar:

Austin Power gif, I like already! Thanks! I'm glad to be here :)

Top Bottom